• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

Alright here was SteamGAF's CS:GO competitive match from last night! Just a few things - I didn't really think about sharing it until afterwards so some funny things happened like a Skype call >_> and I didn't fix the double voice loop thing when I talk. It's fixed now so future videos should be better! Enjoy our awesomeness!

GAFers are - MarcoZC, Shadownet, Kuma, Smooth Kriminal (?), and myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLrW9Si6Jg

Jawmuncher

Literally the only good film Niccol has made since his debut (Gattaca). I'd laugh if it weren't so depressing -- I was hoping that The Host's sci-fi underpinnings would see him get his groove back, sort of like Scott returning to sci-fi with Prometheus (script aside because LOL SPACE JESUS), but oh boy did he phone it in hard. To be fair, though, I'm sure having Stephenie Meyer in his hair every step of the way didn't help.

Haven't actually tracked anything Niccol has done. Only saw the movie because of Nicolas Cage but it was really good.

Dat Alien giveaway! Not entering though, because those games are scary AF. ;__;
104aed30d64588d38ee9ca9a9d8605d2-98.jpg
43 Metacritic

True Horror

Dr Dogg

no. the sad part is rejoicing that a PC game is getting a PC port when it gets remade

I love Grim Fandango just as much as the next person but really it hasn't aged that well. There's some really horrid compressed FMVs in there as well as some of the backdrops are shockingly low res and the controls are something even Schafer agrees are bad (and at least Double Fine's games have got better in this area with each new release). I'd take a $6 dump on GOG but the appeal of a slightly touched up and polished version, even if for 4 times as much is something I'd prefer.

Alien 3 defense force reporting in!

Alien 3 gets a lot of shit but the crazy idea's Fincher and Vincent Ward had for it were really interesting. But Fox got their mucky mits stuck in.

Tizoc

I only want Book of Legends from the current Indie Royale but I don't feel like getting it for $4.30 =/

In the mean time have some spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

KAMI -- MB-7A2AA3732D4E10CA - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.
Secrets of Rtikon -- MB-A68FC50B7110E6B8 - Taken by alr1ght. 16 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-6AB7467483017593
140 -- MB-02A4FACE03D2EA20 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 10 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-D96FD08A354C17F0 - Taken by weemadarthur. 2 entrants total.

t1404945344z1.png

aku:jiki

Alien 4 had a fun idea by Joss Whedon but studio meddling and a director who didn't quite understand the intentional cheese ruined it.

Also, Gabe, why you gotta do me like this? You know I don't want to buy all of the Ys this month, but now I have to.

tav7623

You act like there is more then 2 movies in the Alien franchise

Wait......there's only two Alien movies!!!!!!! ;P jk, I know a lot of people hate on 3 & Resurrection and that they aren't good movies, but they were the first movies in the series that I got to see so I have a lot of nostalgia for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I read the novelization of Alien 3 but never watched it. Weird, huh.

Alright here was SteamGAF's CS:GO competitive match from last night! Just a few things - I didn't really think about sharing it until afterwards so some funny things happened like a Skype call >_> and I didn't fix the double voice loop thing when I talk. It's fixed now so future videos should be better! Enjoy our awesomeness!

GAFers are - MarcoZC, Shadownet, Kuma, Smooth Kriminal (?), and myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLrW9Si6Jg

Awesome, I'll watch during lunch. I expect to see some pro plays and leet 360 no scopes.

The first giveaway of mine that isn't leftovers... You guys are all so generous, and I can't really match that kind of purchasing power. But the Ys games are some of my favorite games ever, so I thought I'd give 'em away. Hopefully the winners end up liking them just as much as I do.
Put this on loop while you wait or some shit.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys The Oath in Felghana -- MB-18D0F539523D7750
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-F8E07CF44C7A8112

t1404945705z1.png

Tizoc

The first giveaway of mine that isn't leftovers... You guys are all so generous, and I can't really match that kind of purchasing power. But the Ys games are some of my favorite games ever, so I thought I'd give 'em away. Hopefully the winners end up liking them just as much as I do.
Put this on loop while you wait or some shit.

Epic giveaway brah.

...and for those that don't win, remember you got under 48 hours to get these epic games!
Come on let the Ys series grace you Steam Library!
x4LqsrS.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people really need to stop downplaying bundled games giveaways, or cheaper games or whatever. A gift is a gift, the intent is
hopefully
the same, who gives a fuck how much it costs

Jawmuncher

people really need to stop downplaying bundled games giveaways, or cheaper games or whatever. A gift is a gift, the intent is
hopefully

They must take it as a offense.
Because they're horrible.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So here are my thought on Spec Ops so far:

It's a pretty good game. It has beautiful environments and nice use of sand in the gameplay. You can also make choices in the game, although I haven't played far enough to see how they affect the story. If you don't have it yet, you should pick it up in the current Humble Bundle. You might want to wait and see if the BTA price drops, though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
hopefully

This is true. All the games in my raffle are from old humble bundles that I haven't used the codes for. They're still all good games, and better they go to someone who will use them and play them, then have them sit in my HB account for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom