• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
people really need to stop downplaying bundled games giveaways, or cheaper games or whatever. A gift is a gift, the intent is
hopefully
the same, who gives a fuck how much it costs
Agreed 100%. That kind of attitude will only discourage people from giving away games. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Hugstable

Banned
Much to my dismay.

It really needs to be along with Memories of Celceta! They play much differently then the yS Oath and Origin combo, but they are still so damn fun. Celceta with a better resolution and no slowdown could be amazing!

But everyone who doesn't own these yS games should really jump onto either these Giveaways or buy it from Steam, Because 5 bucks for Origin and 3.74 for Oath is a straight up steal. If you an action game or action RPG fan you really owe it to yourself to buy these, and play them NAO

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oozi for 1€, im down with that. Dem coupons :eek:

Maybe I should craft more... nah

Reposting my last giveaway of this year. I want as many as possible to enter.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-3DE253606D3DE100 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 147 entrants total.

t1404997247z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
anyone want one of those cards ?

JLhXcDy.jpg

add me
Chief_LORD

I added you. May I have the Age of Mythology Coupon?

--------------

I asked this before but no answer. is Y's Origin any good? in term of JRPG standard. I never play any of the game from that series before.

--------------

Playing Bioshock Infinite right now on max setting, it look beautiful. I'm surprised my PC can pull this off o_O

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whispering Willows looks fucking gorgeous in those screenshots

Get in on this shit, you nerds.
Z6x4FfY.gif
Z6x4FfY.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys The Oath in Felghana -- MB-18D0F539523D7750
Ys I & II Chronicles Plus -- MB-F8E07CF44C7A8112

Turfster

Groupees Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$ (first 24 hours)
  • 1000 Amps
  • Borderzone
  • TEC 3001
  • Pretentious Game
  • Making History II: The War of the World

With thanks to Rhaknar. Been busy.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Last call. 10 minutes to go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys & 5 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steam Keys
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-CFB1C6925D94291F - Taken by jmizzal. 16 entrants total.
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-5CB34EC289765F21 - Taken by fozzy. 5 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-1EFC5EEAA9167856 - Taken by Vlad. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-AA365259A4B2D95A - Taken by GodVegeta. 5 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-EACF69E7113A60A1 - Taken by Joonytoon. 4 entrants total.
BioShock 2 -- MB-4C924DC85C437895 - Taken by 2n2. 17 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-107505D75088D84F - Taken by jon bones. 1 entrants total.
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-C9405686914A1482 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 2 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-77D5435475513F1D - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-E3209F6466ED170B - Taken by Coldsun - Taken by Jawmuncher
Hero Academy -- MB-B98F3EE35D2F3B70 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.

Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-89A21C5BF84BA27C - Taken by BadRamen. 8 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-222C65B562B6BABE - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-2B76B7CBCB4A1739 - Taken by Melhisedek. 4 entrants total.
Mafia II -- MB-67948B001E5B8BDD - Taken by Berlok. 5 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-14044FA85F81D279 - Taken by Cyan. 1 entrants total.
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-8DBE0A07FAC8DE2C - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 4 entrants total.

Really Big Sky -- MB-DD926B74B96EAD69 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-24A23EB66A0094D1 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-9943E3185B02B6BB - Taken by X05. 16 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP -- MB-3671CF0D40CA4447 - Taken by Hugstable. 4 entrants total.
The Bard's Tale -- MB-906B8BDB87C0F7AC - Taken by electroflame. 6 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-214A608F00F209B2 - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.

Origin Keys
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-A68B3924653AFEF1 - Taken by Lashley. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-5F35CC6FAE72BD98 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A8472DF68B38F393 - Taken by shira
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-BB85C71D75038251 - Taken by lindarasta
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-B73563C5821047C3 - Taken by anastef

t1404936570z1.png

Shantom

I asked this before but no answer. is Y's Origin any good? in term of JRPG standard. I never play any of the game from that series before.

It's not a traditional JRPG, it's more an action game which depends on levels. It's fantastic and you should buy it.

no. the sad part is rejoicing that a PC game is getting a PC port when it gets remade

Considering the game wasn't legally available to acquire outside of ebay - and from what I've heard, an emulator on top of that - for years, I'm okay with this news. Some people never played it, myself included. When I was a kid, I was more into Sierra games than Lucasarts. My love of adventure games (be they P&Cs or graphic adventures) hasn't diminished so I'm glad to be able to give it a go.

Tizoc

I added you. May I have the Age of Mythology Coupon?

--------------

--------------

Playing Bioshock Infinite right now on max setting, it look beautiful. I'm surprised my PC can pull this off o_O

What I can tell you of Ys Origin is this:
It improves on Oath's gameplay, and Oath is currently my fav. Ys game. Oath and Origin are overhead/top view action games with its RPG elements being leveling up and buying equipment, etc. Def. get it along with Oath!

Shantom

Last bump before I go to watch the football (which uses a similar combat system) :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys I and II Chronicles Plus -- MB-8E21F86C4DEEF45C - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 50 entrants total.

t1404938623z1.png

FtHTiny

Its not much but i really like the game so enjoy.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FtHTiny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ys Origin -- MB-6C5044EA5FF412EF - Taken by InvisibleStride. 40 entrants total.

t1404946964z1.png

F-Pina

Hey gaffers.
For everyone who bought our game through Desura, the Steam key should be acessible now. Go here -> http://www.desura.com/collection (click on keys)

For the Indie Royale from last Christmas everyone has to wait as it seems is is not sent through Desura but actually only on the Indie Royale website. Waiting for support to get these there.

Clown Bot loves you all and sends his regards.
bot_talk.gif

Shadownet

Banned
welp look at all those Y's recommendations. Guess I should pick up Oath and Origin sometimes soon before the sale ends. :) thanks guys!

I was pretty horrified too. The way she interacts with her boyfriend is also pretty bad. I don't want more games with female protags who behave like THAT.

Totally agreed. Yes, the boyfriend is a little dickish himself and it's only partly justified, but playing Syberia II first, where Kate Walker is much kinder to people, it's weird seeing how much of a stuck-up bitch she was in this first game. I'm really glad they mellowed her out in the second one.

Hugstable

Banned
I wanted to make that a link if you clicked on the bottom image in my last post, but couldn't work it out. Valestein Castle is a good one too!

Most of the OST is just amazing. I love the midboss music as well, so tense.

Ys Oath in Felghana OST "Dark Beasts as Black as …: http://youtu.be/CtpCwbz09n4

Also Illburn Ruins.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana "Illburns Ruins": http://youtu.be/lJ76AMDLKp0

Screw it the whole OST is amazing buy Now everyone!

yuraya

Reminder for AssCreed ending soon. good luck

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yuraya, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Assassins Creed IV Black Flag -- MB-D14E00E55F1A55FE - Taken by KainXVIII. 118 entrants total.

t1404938091z1.png

Tizoc

Hey gaffers.
For everyone who bought our game through Desura, the Steam key should be acessible now. Go here -> http://www.desura.com/collection (click on keys)

For the Indie Royale from last Christmas everyone has to wait as it seems is is not sent through Desura but actually only on the Indie Royale website. Waiting for support to get these there.

bot_talk.gif

Don't see the Steam key when I log into my account, but I'll wait =)
...and thanks for this now I can make more giveaways of games I already own on Desura lol.

Rhaknar

Never played a Ys game before, any reason why everyone loves them so much?

very good action rpgs (well I only played Ys 7 on psp and it was awesome, played a bit of Oath and seemed just as good)

I & II are very different games tho, they are very old school (emphasys on the old), where you literally bump into enemies to attack them

Anyone want one of these Payday 2 Christmas DLCs? I have 3 of them and no one seems to want one or they already have it. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Edit: All gone!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So this is why my library game count went down when the beta client updated:

Added visibleonlyonavailableplatforms – 1

Before:
beforej9sbr.jpg

After:
afterzysan.jpg

Yes, it's finally happened: no more GTA/Civ4 Mac in the Windows client.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hey gaffers.

bot_talk.gif
I don't own your game, but it looks awesome, hope things are working out well for you!

Hey gaffers.

bot_talk.gif
Awesome news Filipe.

And for the guys that pre-purchased the game through your site?

Vuze

I just saw Kains screenshot from XCOM. I would probably have been shocked seeing my character in the mirror as well lol
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283570613

No idea why there are so many games that don't support such reflections. This was actually the first thing in BioShock Infinite that somewhat broke immersion for me, looking down in the first chapter and not seeing any mirroring in the water heh

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So this is why my library game count went down when the beta client updated:

Yes, it's finally happened: no more GTA/Civ4 Mac in the Windows client.
This only affects your game count in the library though right, not your account? I hope you didn't just get a huge drop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom