• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Hey gaffers.
For everyone who bought our game through Desura, the Steam key should be acessible now. Go here -> http://www.desura.com/collection (click on keys)

For the Indie Royale from last Christmas everyone has to wait as it seems is is not sent through Desura but actually only on the Indie Royale website. Waiting for support to get these there.

Clown Bot loves you all and sends his regards.
bot_talk.gif

Good on you guys for being so proactive.

no. the sad part is rejoicing that a PC game is getting a PC port when it gets remade

That is kind of sad. As long as Sony continues the status quo of promoting games on their platform while allowing the PC version to flourish I'll be happy.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
here's one more ... don't hate me, please :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Shank -- MB-3D7EC3B5B0FE012D - Taken by KenOD
Shank 2 -- MB-0D0F9EC232A28ADE - Taken by danhese007
Nightsky HD -- MB-0646697DA026D0FA
SpaceChem -- MB-8AD7BC797424F004
t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-24E2BEE2CB9B1051 - Taken by LostAtLife
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-5C76AA544ACCF565 - Taken by velociraptor

Dr Dogg

So this is why my library game count went down when the beta client updated:

Before:
http://abload.de/img/beforej9sbr.jpg[IMG]

After:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/afterzysan.jpg[/IM]

Yes, it's finally happened: no more GTA/Civ4 Mac in the Windows client.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha your only about 22 hours late on that. Nabs brought it up last night in the new beta client notes. Also as an added bonus go look at the Ass Creed order now. Hint: It's better but not perfect.

Hey gaffers.
For everyone who bought our game through Desura, the Steam key should be acessible now. Go here -> http://www.desura.com/collection (click on keys)

For the Indie Royale from last Christmas everyone has to wait as it seems is is not sent through Desura but actually only on the Indie Royale website. Waiting for support to get these there.

Clown Bot loves you all and sends his regards.
bot_talk.gif

Thank you! Worked for me even though I didn't technically buy it through Desura, just redeemed the Indie Royale code for the whole bundled. FYI for anyone that's unsure.

Hugstable

Banned
So this is why my library game count went down when the beta client updated:

Before:
beforej9sbr.jpg

After:
afterzysan.jpg

Yes, it's finally happened: no more GTA/Civ4 Mac in the Windows client.

Jase what kinda skin is that? I really like the look of it compared to the Metro Skin and really want to have multiple skins around to switch them up sometimes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha your only about 22 hours late on that. Nabs brought it up last night in the new beta client notes.

D'oh. Well, it was news to a couple of people. ;)

Also as an added bonus go look at the Ass Creed order now. Hint: It's better but not perfect.

Yeah, I noticed that. Fun fact: after 18 months, Ubi finally changed the acute accent in 3's name to a quotation mark.

Quick question my fellows DarkSoulGAF.

Is Dark Souls 2 considerably easier or am I over-leveled?

I'm currently on Drangleic Castle, just yesterday killed the twin Dragon Riders and I'm on level 141, and honestly I'm breezing through this game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Quick question my fellows DarkSoulGAF.

Is Dark Souls 2 considerably easier or am I over-leveled?

I'm currently on Drangleic Castle, just yesterday killed the twin Dragon Riders and I'm on level 141, and honestly I'm breezing through this game.

Game its easier.

Dr Dogg

D'oh. Well, it was news to a couple of people. ;)

Yeah, I noticed that. Fun fact: after 18 months, Ubi finally changed the acute accent in 3's name to a quotation mark.

Nah it just shows how fast this thread moves now. You basically informed a load more people of this by posting.

Far Cry is in order now as well but GTA and Civ are still a bit jumbled but as I said last night progress is still progress.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when I realize that I'm actually $.02 short of being able to buy Ys I&II with card money. Oh well, time to idle for a bit. Edit: Idling finished before I even finished this post :|

I'm fighting a serious urge to buy Sunless Sea, Gods will be Watching and Shovel Knight...
halp me GAF!! I have a large enough backlog without them as it is!

I know that feel.

The logs show two PMs entering for Praetorians, neither you, and both people who didn't meet the lurker requirements. ModBot's dumped his PMs since, but I'm seeing three from you in the last two days---titles sfds, ggg, and fdfd. Which one had the entry for Praetorians?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that gives ModBot PMs silly names.

Indie Royale. Coming soon.
http://www.indieroyale.com/
IndieRoyale The Donut Bundle
Chronology
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call
The Book of Legends
Guns n Zombies
Quest of Dungeons
Mystery Game

Looks okay, but thankfully I already have this bundle's RPG Maker game so I don't feel compelled to buy it.

Paging Milamber (and every other perv that frequents here):

Based Sekai Project.

So I played about 10 minutes of High School Dreams...
I'll play a little bit more of this later after dinner.

I can't believe you actually did it. Don't understand why this character
is hiding a box though.

High School Dreams is ~80% off now on GMG (0.95€)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/simulation/high-school-dreams/
If you want to join the fun

Absolutely terrifying.

All of those Ysy puns :|

Groupees Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$ (first 24 hours)
Pretentious Game

Pretentious Game is one of the worst ironically named games I've ever heard of.

Articalys

The more you guys talk about it, the more likely it's going to get locked down through region locking or raised prices in those territories.
It's not like SteamGAF talk alone is going to affect anything about it, but I am surprised it's lasted as long as it has without any attempts by Steam or others to curb the fact that, with the right connections, US buyers can basically get half off many popular games.

SteamGAF, noob question here:

I just received a booster pack of cards from Papers Please. I already have the badge.

Should I open the pack or sell ir closed? If I open the pack I could get a foil, so it would get me more money than closed. If not, it would get me less money selling the cards individually.

It's a gamble, heh?

It's not like SteamGAF talk alone is going to affect anything about it, but I am surprised it's lasted as long as it has without any attempts by Steam or others to curb the fact that, with the right connections, US buyers can basically get half off many popular games.

You underestimate how many industry people are part of GAF...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The options to essentially block out the "grey market" are there. It's up to the publishers to utilise them. RU-specific sub + no cross-region trading/gifting + Eastern European countries added to a list of purchase-restricted countries on the other subs = ta-da.

Chariot

I don't think there's any reliable way for Valve to have "II" interpreted as "2".
Why didn't they stick with one form anyway? Gothic isn't Saint's Row. I know there was some crap with Gothic 3, but I don't believe that Piranha Bytes changed the title to a number before they left, just because of spite.

UncleBiz

Submarino Conversível;120228334 said:

I just received a booster pack of cards from Papers Please. I already have the badge.

Should I open the pack or sell ir closed? If I open the pack I could get a foil, so it would get me more money than closed. If not, it would get me less money selling the cards individually.

It's a gamble, heh?

always open is my motto

xeris

Doesn't really bother me to be honest.

Just be happy that its getting remade, not everything has to viewed primarily on the negatives.

Especially since that apparently it can only get made because Sony helped them get the rights. Either way I'm just happy that I'll be able to play it without trying to get the old disk patched and running.

It's a gamble, heh?

If you live by the sword, you will die by it.

That is my recommendation.
Use it wisely
Sell that fucker

It's a gamble, heh?

I always open, there's a small chance of getting a foil that way, and usually the value of the 3 cards equals what you would get from the booster pack anyway.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

It's a gamble, heh?

Well, you can do one of two things. Looks like boosters for P,P are going for $1.29ish while individual common cards are going for $.13~17ish, and foils are actually going for much less than the booster itself. You could a) sell the booster and get guaranteed money or b) live life on the edge™ and open the booster for a shot at that sweet foil money that's actually less than the booster money.

I finally won more M&Ms money but I keep getting "This card number is not valid for the payment method you selected" when I try to use it under ES. Anyone know what the fix is?

iosefe

I finally won more M&Ms money but I keep getting "This card number is not valid for the payment method you selected" when I try to use it under ES. Anyone know what the fix is?
are you typing it out? using the correct phone number? Address? zip code?

aku:jiki

Why didn't they stick with one form anyway? Gothic isn't Saint's Row. I know there was some crap with Gothic 3, but I don't believe that Piranha Bytes changed the title to a number before they left, just because of spite.
That kind of shit is always down to marketer meddling. Some guy on the marketing team has read some dumbass research that "III" sells worse than "3", so "Gothic 3" it is. A developer working for a publisher generally has no say in the title.

Shadownet

Banned
This is very much off topic so I wont derail the thread too much.

I set up a Fantasy Football League for SteamGAF. Just for fun, no betting or anything. So far I also got CorrosiveFrost and Hugstable in. I need at least 8 people though, at max 10-12 people. So if you wanna play and have some fun :) PM me and i'll give you the details. dont worry if you dont know how. the game is very easy to pick up. We can teach you what you need to know, and it's free :) I don't know if anyone in SteamGAF like American football, but I thought I'd try something fun since I love football.

Turfster

It's a gamble, heh?

You basically answered your own question.
If 3 normal cards net you less than the pack would and you don't want to gamble, sell it.
Otherwise, open it and hope for the best ;)

Articalys

You underestimate how many industry people are part of GAF...
If they haven't acted en masse by now I woudn't think its likely in the immediate future, but I suppose anything's possible.
The options to essentially block out the "grey market" are there. It's up to the publishers to utilise them. RU-specific sub + no cross-region trading/gifting + Eastern European countries added to a list of purchase-restricted countries on the other subs = ta-da.
I mean, I know that Valiant Hearts got locked down rapidly but that was more due to an even cheaper pricing error on the RUS side than the usual lower cross-regional price, right?

aku:jiki

What is this bullshit? I wanted to launch The First Templar to check it out before I disregard it, but not only does it want to force me to make some dumb account for a singleplayer game, it's giving me almost-fullscreen ads for other games while I do it!

Straight to the garbage category it is.

Pakkidis

Anybody else have problems with scrolling through their categories on steam. Every time I try to scroll down it jumps back up again...very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom