• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I messed around with the settings and to be honest they make very little difference. Max shadows and reflections gave me lots of stuttering but turning them down made the game buttery smooth and it looks the same.

Screen-space reflections is one of those settings that is expensive but you'd need to actively pay attention to notice the difference -- it basically refers to the world being accurately reflected upon reflective surfaces (e.g. puddles) as opposed to this effect being faked with a texture or just absent entirely.

Enco

Screen-space reflections is one of those settings that is expensive but you'd need to actively pay attention to notice the difference -- it basically refers to the world being accurately reflected upon reflective surfaces (e.g. puddles) as opposed to this effect being faked with a texture or just absent entirely.
As much as I love having the highest graphical settings it wasn't worth the stutter.

I have a 770 and hope it keeps going strong for a while.

Have at it.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Clean the bathroom today.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Making History II: The War of the World -- MB-30110936B6007C06 - Taken by DarkMehm

Knurek

So, this happened:
ibwPLSF6XYrjBV.png

1CC Novice Boost mode
Of course, my internet flaked out during the run, so my score wasn't uploaded. Pity, broke my current one by 30%.

Anyways, spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (Desura) -- MB-8B658259420F26F4 - Taken by still
ulgzbKC.png
Subject 9 (Desura) -- MB-5337A4ACE96D88F0 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Oknytt (Desura) -- MB-70D4787FE0EF40E5 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Gearcrack Arena (Desura) -- MB-07F820E7CBE54401
Subject 9 -- MB-8647FF4853D7CA87
Oknytt -- MB-C8C51FD8B63EF1B2 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 8 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-DF918FA00C5D01F8
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura -- MB-C18DD827CC789EF4 - Taken by GUN-NAC

t1404949305z1.png

Caerith

So I started up the final episode of Wolf Among Us, and the "previously on" segment shows a whole lot of choices I didn't make.

Pakkidis

How do you safely uninstall skins from Steam. I have downloaded an old version of Metro for steam and I want to remove it before downloading a newer version.

aku:jiki

So after First Templar tried to drown me in bullshit, I went on to try out Hard Reset. That's like a first impression night and day! One game tried to throw ads and stupid third-party accounts at me, the other looked fantastic, dove straight into the action with enemies attacking immediately and gave me a goddamn minigun with infinite ammo right off the bat.

I'm actually going to play this one.

Shadownet

Banned
How do you safely uninstall skins from Steam. I have downloaded an old version of Metro for steam and I want to remove it before downloading a newer version.

i think all you have to do is go into Steam setting. revert back to the old skin. then log off steam. then go find the Steam Metro files in the folder. delete it. and then copy the new one over.

Dr Dogg

How is the PS3 port of The Darkness?

About the same as the 360 version but the TV shows SB put in the game which you can watch on the in game TVs are waaaaay better quality on PS3 (plus I think there's extra content in the regard too, which is public domain a TV and film). Actually because the control scheme uses all 4 shoulder buttons I prefer the PS3 version for that.

So on a Steam related note. If you then decide to play II on PC (not Starbreeze but it's not too bad) then you'll find it a fucking nightmare to play with keyboard & mouse, especially with a lower button mouse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You don't play anymore?

There's a lot of truth behind the joke that I only play AssCreed. It's almost mid-July and I've yet to finish a single game thus far this year... well, I suppose my slow drunken romp through Wolf14 mostly counts (I'm pretty sure my mate played through small sections here and there in my absence).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alien: Isolation -- MB-CA7DEA1F15DA00F8 - Taken by Jawmuncher - Taken by Jawmuncher. 154 entrants total.

LOLOLOLOL

Deadbeat

Banned
About the same as the 360 version but the TV shows SB put in the game which you can watch on the I game TVs are waaaaay better quality on PS3. Actually because the control scheme uses all 4 shoulder buttons I prefer the PS3 version for that.

So on a Steam related note. If you then decide to play II on PC (not Starbreeze but it's not too bad) then you'll find it a fucking nightmare to play with keyboard & mouse, especially with a lower button mouse.
Comparing the darkness resolutions between ps3 and 360:

1024x576 (no AA) for PS3
1280x720 (4xAA) for 360

Yeah its just minimal difference.

Also Darkness 2 plays great with a keyboard/mouse. Dont know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom