• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Did nobody else enter for Broken Sword: Director's Cut? Really wanted that.

I entered for it as well, lets see who gets it.

Whatever happened, ModBot didn't seem to process it. It's showing as still available in my loot.

At this point, I believe it's first come, first serve. Try again with ModBot to grab it. Broken Sword was taken.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys & 5 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is now first come first serve.

Steam Keys
Greed Corp -- MB-E3209F6466ED170B - Taken by Coldsun - Taken by Jawmuncher

Origin Keys
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-A8472DF68B38F393 - Taken by shira
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-BB85C71D75038251 - Taken by lindarasta
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-B73563C5821047C3 - Taken by anastef

Last time I'll post this. Just wanted to make sure those two knew they should probably retry with Broken Sword.

ImSooFlye

Broforce is so much fun. :) I wish you didn't have to start from level one every time you want to play online though. its so annoying.

Whenever I look at pics it looks like its mercenary kings where you do the same level over and over again maybe with different color background. Is this assumption right?

All this talk of RE4..

I've gone through 1, 2, 3, CV, 5, and quit the series. Is the Steam HD version of 4 solid?

It's the best version of the game with the extra content form the PS2 version and the better graphics of the Gamecube/Wii releases. No wiimote controls of course which were great, but it's the one to go for.

And you should play 6 if you went through 5 as it's one of the most ambitious and mechanically involved TPS games out there unlike 5 which rode on 4's coattails.

This is my second time playing BioShock Infinite and I gotta say I'm liking it much more than the first time.

I dislike it a lot the first time. Same with Red Dead Redemption. Its incredible now.

:DD so happy you like it. honestly imo theres only 1 bad sections in the game but they're later on. you'll probably know which sections they are when you get tothem
Whenever I look at pics it looks like its mercenary kings where you do the same level over and over again maybe with different color background. Is this assumption right?

its only the same level over and over everyime you start online again. but theres different sages and shit. its what mercenary kings shouldve been imo

Dambrosi

Banned
It's the best version of the game with the extra content form the PS2 version and the better graphics of the Gamecube/Wii releases. No wiimote controls of course which were great, but it's the one to go for.
This is correct.
And you should play 6 if you went through 5 as it's one of the most ambitious and mechanically involved TPS games out there unlike 5 which rode on 4's coattails.
This is wrong. It's so, so wrong.

This is my first time using Modbot. Here you go GAF.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Crimsonclaw111:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Swapper -- MB-0068D2A45F2AEF2C - Taken by Cyan
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-453CAD11BC8D0A49 - Taken by GaussTek
Symphony -- MB-BCAAFDDB0C342287 - Taken by AngerdX
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-40BEC107AC9E6142 - Taken by swx

ImSooFlye

:DD so happy you like it. honestly imo theres only 1 bad sections in the game but they're later on. you'll probably know which sections they are when you get tothem

its only the same level over and over everyime you start online again. but theres different sages and shit. its what mercenary kings shouldve been imo

ok thanks

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So that Sunrider game is actually sort of good. It's a mix between a VN and a very basic turn based strategy game.

Not bad for a free game.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Jawmuncher

what are the news about dino crisis? there is already a beta? since when is it coming to steam?

It was a lie

Also wanted to play RE4 mercs.
But I remembered I had to beat the whole game again to unlock it.
No thanks i'll wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

1000 Amps -- MB-54219495CF40D9B5 - Taken by BreakyBoy
I have no idea what this is, but I own it in two bundles.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hey guys ... I was wondering - would anyone be actually interested in playing some The Secret World from time to time? (a word of warning - I'd like to experience the story more, so just racing through each location and killing everything in sight skipping all possible story elements isn't really something I'd do)

Reckoner

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Reckoner, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-97FA76516E0FCC96
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness 2 -- MB-64C1DD732174645C - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 12 entrants total.

t1404959567z1.png

smile.gif

Here's a few more for you, GAF.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Crimsonclaw111:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Crimsonclaw111, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Fez -- MB-BA4C5DD37838E757 - Taken by gaiadyne
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-78C01F50CDABB611 - Taken by Sofa King
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-DEC4F6C0F1AA014A - Taken by iosefe
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-E4487FF0B985DDC6 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here played Whispering Willows? I'm really curious about some impressions on it.

BernardoOne mentioned that he had a review copy earlier in the thread. He said he liked it and the puzzles were simple, but assumed that they would get harder later on.

I'm looking forward to hearing more detailed impressions of the game.

ImSooFlye

hey guys ... I was wondering - would anyone be actually interested in playing some The Secret World from time to time? (a word of warning - I'd like to experience the story more, so just racing through each location and killing everything in sight skipping all possible story elements isn't really something I'd do)

did it go free to play or something i notice a lot of people are talking about it?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
did it go free to play or something i notice a lot of people are talking about it?

no, you still have to buy it - but they made the subscription optional ... and it's been on sale not that long ago (that's probably why people are talking about it lately)

Have Treasure ever hinted at Bangai-O/Radiant Silvergun/Guardian Heroes coming to steam? The 360 versions are great so it'd be nice to see them ported to steam like Ikaruga.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone here played Whispering Willows? I'm really curious about some impressions on it.

would love some impressions aswell, game looks gorgeous

edit: is munch's giveaway over or is the possibility of the ultimate cosmic joke happening still real?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Have Treasure ever hinted at Bangai-O/Radiant Silvergun/Guardian Heroes coming to steam? The 360 versions are great so it'd be nice to see them ported to steam like Ikaruga.

They've at least acknowledged that fans want a Radiant Silvergun port, so it's not entirely out of the question.

Nothing official one way or the other that I know of though.

Turfster

Metro Last Light Complete edition 66% off at gamersgate.
Metro Last Light Season pass 75% off.

(Also, don't forget incestdemonicon is still 80% off too!)

kafiend

no, you still have to buy it - but they made the subscription optional ... and it's been on sale not that long ago (that's probably why people are talking about it lately)

I certainly had my monies worth out of it but I did go through it with a love/loath conflict going on. Still 136 hours was worth the entry fee and I'm looking forward to buying and playing some of the extra content at some point.

Hugstable

Banned

I would love for Treasure to port alot more of their games then Ikaruga. Hell we could get Gunstar Heroes, Mischief Makers, but all those will probably not happen. One of my favorite Treasure games outside of their Bullet Hell SHMUPs was Astro Boy: Omega Factor on GBA, god they need to release that game again somewhere

You only brought it on yourself. You have no one else to blame.

(I just wanted an excuse to use that pic here!)

We should play again sometime, maybe on higher difficulty levels :p

This. RE6 has one of the best combat system in a TPS and more people need to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom