• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the cosmic joke was not fulfilled, i am sad universe :(

Nabs

Have you tried bluetooth on them at all?
I can't set it up with DS4 tool so if those are easier to do it would be nice.

They don't touch your BT stack like Xinput Wrapper to DS3 does, so if Windows is having trouble seeing your DS4, you may have a problem. I've tried Bluetooth with my DS4 but the range is completely shitty. It drops inputs if I sneeze.

I really like the J2K branch but the bluetooth issues are really annoying the heck out of me
random input lags, connectivity drops :/ and it all used to work fine w the original SCP + DS3 so I'm not sure what went wrong

but the shift buttons sound awesome! I should get it set up! so do you have to keep your finger on the touchpad touch to activate (or is it tap once and it works)

Bluetooth does work! Based on the other users on that thread :X I'm probably the only one having issues

- You just place your finger on the touchpad and it'll be active as long as you keep it there.

wilflare

They don't touch your BT stack like Xinput Wrapper to DS3 does, so if Windows is having trouble seeing your DS4, you may have a problem. I've tried Bluetooth with my DS4 but the range is completely shitty. It drops inputs if I sneeze.

okay so it's not just me
not sure if it's my dongle.. or just the DS4 being wonky

Nabs

okay so it's not just me

I had to play Dark Souls 2 with both arms on my desk (or directly under my desk) or else it would drop like mad. I had to wait a week before my 6ft USB cable arrived, it felt like forever.

yGray

Banned
All the Alien Isolation giveaways have been awesome..even if I lost every one. Thanks for the chance though SteamGAF

Jawmuncher

- You just place your finger on the touchpad and it'll be active as long as you keep it there.

okay so it's not just me

I'm guessing it's my dongle.
Oh well I don't need it to be wireless that bad.

All the Alien Isolation giveaways have been awesome..even if I lost every one. Thanks for the chance though SteamGAF

We have plenty of chances until October luckily! Worst case scenario is I buy it which I can hardly complain about. Generosity is always nice though.

Now, to celebrate my newest steam addition by playing the wonderfully obtuse Ys II on my vita, bumping uglies in the night.

wait, that doesn't sound right.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I feel ya bro. Been perched on Witcher 3, Mordor, Dead Rising 3, Divinity and Alien giveaways but at the same time feel happy about the winners as they have been mostly good guys and not lurkers that are going for the 5 posts to be able to win games.

wilflare

I had to play Dark Souls 2 with both arms on my desk (or directly under my desk) or else it would drop like mad. I had to wait a week before my 6ft USB cable arrived, it felt like forever.

I'm guessing it's my dongle.
Oh well I don't need it to be wireless that bad.

oh well. the weird thing is that the dongle worked perfectly fine with the DS3.. so oh well

but yea.. I don't need it to be wireless that bad either
just annoying that it didn't work when it should be working fine :/

- Nabs, could you share more about your shift modifier set-up, do you have to keep a finger on the touch to keep "shift pressed"?

Jawmuncher

I feel ya bro. Been perched on Witcher 3, Mordor, Dead Rising 3, Divinity and Alien giveaways but at the same time feel happy about the winners as they have been mostly good guys and not lurkers that are going for the 5 posts to be able to win games.

That was my biggest worry for that giveaway.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So were they switched? should of voted for bad rats, dammit.
14429686038_e3ee6d0907_o.gif

r3n4ud

Same here man. Haven't won anything in quite awhile, but at least the games are indeed going to good SteamGAF folks.

yGray

Banned

You will get Witcher 3 one day bud. You're a good user.

Jawmuncher

I didn't know the drivers for XONE controllers for PC were out.
Installed them plugged in the controller and the vibration on the desk caught me by surprise.

Now to see which I prefer depending on what game i'm playing.

Nabs

oh well. the weird thing is that the dongle worked perfectly fine with the DS3.. so oh well

but yea.. I don't need it to be wireless that bad either
just annoying that it didn't work when it should be working fine :/

- Nabs, could you share more about your shift modifier set-up, do you have to keep a finger on the touch to keep "shift pressed"?

You may have missed my earlier edit, but you just place your finger on the touchpad and it'll remain active until you remove it. It's the one called Touchpad (not clicked in).

Yeah, I can't believe I won the Witcher 3. Great people here. Once I have a better job in a few months I'll do my part to be kind in return.

wilflare

Now, to celebrate my newest steam addition by playing the wonderfully obtuse Ys II on my vita, bumping uglies in the night.

wait, that doesn't sound right.

Ys games are best played on the Vita :D -hides-

Iet's just keep entering Witcher 3 and Divinity OS. the ModGod shall shine his favor on us someday! but like you said, for once I could recognize the winners of the MB giveaways (which is nice :D)

Toki767

In the end you still get to play the game. Waiting around 3 hours for Modbot or longer doesn't sound like super fun.

My attitude about it would probably change if the games were actually already out, but for stuff that aren't released yet, it isn't gonna make a difference whether you buy it now or join a bunch of giveaways in an attempt to win it.

Hugstable

Banned
New Page and it's winding down. Get on this folks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-08C0491AD5349E45 - Taken by nexen. 29 entrants total.
Ys: Origin -- MB-A960A36B2597C999 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 40 entrants total.

t1404953265z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Installed them plugged in the controller and the vibration on the desk caught me by surprise.

I switched to the Xbone controller the day the drivers came out ... definitely won't go back to the X360 one :p this one is sooooo much better imho

wilflare

hmm I'm kinda tempted to find out how the XB1 controller is like compared to the DS4. XB1 still not officially launched in Singapore. lol. shall wait for that Amazon.com price drop or price error

You may have missed my earlier edit, but you just place your finger on the touchpad and it'll remain active until you remove it. It's the one called Touchpad (not clicked in).

oops! my bad. but that's really pretty smart! and I guess we really don't need the touchpad as a mouse.
Maybe I should map the Share Button as the SHIFT key and have the face buttons do various things
Triangle - Screenshot
Square - Video
X - GameDVR/Twitch

PS4 and Xbox One controllers are bother great but I prefer the feel of the latter. It's become my go to PC controller. Do wish it had a speaker like the dualshock 4 though, there are some neat uses of it on the PS4. And the touchpad is nice for extra button mappings.

khaaan

This is probably a silly question...but I was under the assumption that the reason I have to install so many versions of DirectX and VC++ was because that specific game needs those specific versions. I just got a new PC (Win 8.1) and the only thing I installed was VC++ 2013 and after that I hit cancel for everything and the games seem to be running fine. Can I just keep on doing this until a game refuses to run?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
sorry for such shitty games (apart from Alan Wake, that one's good ... but everyone has that one already) ... but as soon as I get my hands on some cash I'll try to give away something better, I promise

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-5C76AA544ACCF565 - Taken by velociraptor
Nightsky HD -- MB-0646697DA026D0FA
SpaceChem -- MB-8AD7BC797424F004

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That was my biggest worry for that giveaway.

I think most of the latest giveaways have been pretty controlled on terms of random lurkers getting games. When its bundle games its ok for some of them to get games but when there are people who are dedicated and contribute to the community don't win the big games it would make my blood boil at times. In part its because people has started to use the blacklist and the must give 1 game rule in order to control a bit.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
sorry for such shitty games ... but as soon as I get my hands on some cash I'll try to give away something better, I promise

Every giveaway is special and unique, like a snowflake.

Which makes this place a fucking blizzard.

Nabs

hmm I'm kinda tempted to find out how the XB1 controller is like compared to the DS4. XB1 still not officially launched in Singapore. lol. shall wait for that Amazon.com price drop or price error

oops! my bad. but that's really pretty smart! and I guess we really don't need the touchpad as a mouse.
Maybe I should map the Share Button as the SHIFT key and have the face buttons do various things
Triangle - Screenshot
Square - Video
X - GameDVR/Twitch

You could create a second profile just for mouse and desktop things. Use two finger swipe to switch between 'em when you need to.
I've gone too far.

tSosaRZ.png

oh god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom