• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've at least acknowledged that fans want a Radiant Silvergun port, so it's not entirely out of the question.

Nothing official one way or the other that I know of though.

Neat, been a while since we've seen a new game from them as we didn't get that 3DS game.

Anyone play Sunless Sea yet? Enough content to grab at ten dollars?

Ozium

Have Treasure ever hinted at Bangai-O/Radiant Silvergun/Guardian Heroes coming to steam? The 360 versions are great so it'd be nice to see them ported to steam like Ikaruga.

Would love Gunstar Heroes as well.. and it depends on what version of Bangai-O they bring over, I already own all 4 (N64, DC, DS, XBOXLIVE)

YES YES PLEASE YES Radiant Silvergun is better than Ikaruga....

keep satori mind

Articalys

So wait, if someone makes their own Mystery Game image and it meets the Stump seal of approval, it gets added to the ModBot rotation?

Tizoc

Started Deponia and am enjoying it so far. I'm playing with German voices and like the voice acting so far.

Yep. Nick became Phoenix "Nick" Wright, get it? :p

If you promise not to get mad if when I eventually die, I'm all for it!

It's ok, if you die we'll find you soon enough in a closet or in a toilet :D

Actually playing a bit on Advanced is good before going for Expert. Expert can be quite unforgiving (especially on Realism).

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
qSBQvt8.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-EFDC222746E5FAEF - Taken by Newblade. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-94D878C8173EAE69 - Taken by kurahador. 125 entrants total.

t1404951405z1.png

Ozium

these games need a good home take 'em

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ozium:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1000 Amps -- MB-3F0C91F1E89E4762 - Taken by adriano999
Gun Metal -- MB-C9E0B9AB704635C0 - Taken by BreakyBoy
Soulbringer -- MB-7C64E80CC3916E1F - Taken by anastef

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Metal was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Soulbringer was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Fox318

how do i choose?

HOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSEHOW DO I CHOOSE

Hugstable

Banned
Play Origin first because it's the best of them, then play whatever you want.
There's no real order you should play them in, though still play Origin first!

I like yS Oaths bosses, but I do enjoy Origin for the 2 Playable character that are actually quite different.
Also "The Claw"!!!

Hugstable

Banned
Only 30 minutes left everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-08C0491AD5349E45 - Taken by nexen
Ys: Origin -- MB-A960A36B2597C999 - Taken by Henry Swanson

t1404953265z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well throw 0 and CV and such in there too. :p

You've never played an RE? Gamer status truly revoked. ;)
Ah shit, I forgot about those... Maybe I can cheat and do it chronologically by release date? Or wait, did they come before RE4 that way too? Damn it.

I haven't, because I don't think my parents would've bought me them for a little kid like me. :p

Is there any order that i should play the Ys games on steam? I just bought them:)
Origins is a prequel, but honestly I'd play it last. A lot of people suggest skipping to Oath in Felghana if you can't get over I&II's dated gameplay, but I liked I a lot and II was also pretty good if pretty easy. So I'd recommend playing I->II->Oath->Origins. Only I&II are directly related to each other plotwise, so you're good to start from anywhere really.

ImSooFlye

Ah shit, I forgot about those... Maybe I can cheat and do it chronologically by release date? Or wait, did they come before RE4 that way too? Damn it.

I haven't, because I don't think my parents would've bought me them for a little kid like me. :p

Origins is a prequel, but honestly you should play it last. A lot of people suggest skipping to Oath in Felghana if you can't get over I&II's dated gameplay, but I liked I a lot and II was also pretty good if pretty easy. So I'd recommend playing I->II->Oath->Origins. Only I&II are directly related to each other plotwise, so you're good to start from anywhere really.

Ok well i'll try your order then hopefully I like them.

Nabs

If you're using your DS4 on PC with DS4Tool, you need to get with the times and upgrade to something newer. There are two forks (of forks) right now that are worth checking out: DSDCS and J2K. I personally use J2K and it's been great. Everything can be remapped, and he even added a shift modifier (hold a button and you now have a controller full of custom shortcuts.) I use the touchpad touch (not press) for my shift modifier, and have Shadowplay controls right on my face buttons. They both have multiple profile support (auto-profile switching as well), and J2K has a feature where you can two finger swipe to switch between profiles. Very cool stuff.

I'm not telling folks who use vanilla SCP to make the jump, but if you're still on DS4Tool, you really need to consider switching. I bet you wouldn't even have to install any new drivers.

Jawmuncher

If you're using your DS4 on PC with DS4Tool, you need to get with the times and upgrade to something newer. There are two forks (of forks) right now that are worth checking out: DSDCS and J2K. I personally use J2K and it's been great. Everything can be remapped, and he even added a shift modifier (hold a button and you now have a controller full of custom shortcuts.) I use the touchpad touch (not press) for my shift modifier, and have Shadowplay controls right on my face buttons. They both have multiple profile support (auto-profile switching as well), and J2K has a feature where you can two finger swipe to switch between profiles. Very cool stuff.

I'm not telling folks who use vanilla SCP to make the jump, but if you're still on DS4Tool, you really need to consider switching. I bet you wouldn't even have to install any new drivers.

Have you tried bluetooth on them at all?
I can't set it up with DS4 tool so if those are easier to do it would be nice.

Ozium

If someone is gifted Bad Rats, doesn't own it and chooses to decline the gift then they should be banned from SteamGAF.

wilflare

I really like the J2K branch but the bluetooth issues are really annoying the heck out of me
random input lags, connectivity drops :/ and it all used to work fine w the original SCP + DS3 so I'm not sure what went wrong

but the shift buttons sound awesome! I should get it set up! so do you have to keep your finger on the touchpad touch to activate (or is it tap once and it works)

Have you tried bluetooth on them at all?
I can't set it up with DS4 tool so if those are easier to do it would be nice.

Bluetooth does work! Based on the other users on that thread :X I'm probably the only one having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom