• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is fucken legit. Wow! I have being doing the missions all stealth so far and there are so many ways you can tackle a situation. It's my favorite SC so far, even the dude that voices Adam Jensen is in this game! The only strikes against the game so far is no Michael Ironside and no split jump but the game kicks ass in every other department.

I really enjoyed it. I crave shooters with long single player missions.

Parsnip

Quick question my fellows DarkSoulGAF.

Is Dark Souls 2 considerably easier or am I over-leveled?

I'm currently on Drangleic Castle, just yesterday killed the twin Dragon Riders and I'm on level 141, and honestly I'm breezing through this game.

I thought it was about the same as Demon's and Dark 1.

Deitus

I will try my hardest to hook up with both of them!

Thanks! I always try to not play as myself in DA:O, and it's a lot of fun!

Is there no huge penalty to sometimes choosing good options and sometimes choosing the bad option? Or does the game encourage you to do that?

This is why I never finish RPGs like this; I spend too much time talking to everyone, and it's great!

You do get bonuses for going full "good" or full "bad". From a stat standpoint, there isn't much incentive to be morally ambiguous. Although, it's not a zero sum game, so you can actually max out your good guy points, and then choose only bad options from then on with no penalty.

That being said, there might be story reasons to pick one option over the other. A lot of the payoff for story choices is deferred to later games (and then squandered by the later games not doing anything interesting with these choices). But if you are presented with an option that might result in a character getting killed, or straining diplomatic relations with a species, it sometimes benefits you to choose against your alignment.

I've heard that ME3's ending ruins the game, but what's wrong with ME2?

ME2 is a very different game from ME1. It takes out a lot of the exploration elements in ME1, and is much more focused on being an action game/shooter. It gets a lot of praise for being mechanically improved over ME1, but it lost a lot of what made ME so special in the first place. I think it's still worth playing, but it was disappointing to me.

Plus the story went some duuuumb places.

Beelzebubs

Well that's even better, people weren't accepting 4 keys for CS:GO even though it was their stated price. Just bought CS: Complete for the same 4 keys....

yay.gif

Sober

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is fucken legit. Wow! I have being doing the missions all stealth so far and there are so many ways you can tackle a situation. It's my favorite SC so far, even the dude that voices Adam Jensen is in this game! The only strikes against the game so far is no Michael Ironside and no split jump but the game kicks ass in every other department.
Stealth games are dead bro, that entire game you can finish by calling in airstrikes by pressing A. The last real stealth game was Hitman Blood Money don't even try to argue otherwise

/s

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Stealth games are dead bro, that entire game you can finish by calling in airstrikes by pressing A. The last real stealth game was Hitman Blood Money don't even try to argue otherwise

/s

Paper's Please is a great stealth game!
long running joke of calling this game anything other than it's actual genre

There's a lot of truth behind the joke that I only play AssCreed. It's almost mid-July and I've yet to finish a single game thus far this year... well, I suppose my slow drunken romp through Wolf14 mostly counts (I'm pretty sure my mate played through small sections here and there in my absence).
Oh man, you sound sad or melancholic.
Had a gaming slump recently. Last game I played was Far Cry 3 on ps3 spring '13. After that I had no joy in gaming anymore so I stopped.Started again just last week again due to this steam community. But very slowly.
Wonder how Assassin's Creed is the only thing getting to you. Something must be associated subconsciously that makes AssCreed stand out to you.
Enjoy your posts and general attitude, wouldn't wanna see you go out.
Planting the seeds for your new life, new country, new friends.. a man changes with his surroundings. Wish you the best for your future.

Uzzy

The ending ruins the game.
(I'm not even joking)

This.

Also, ME2 has some pretty major problems of it's own, especially when brought into the context of a trilogy. In stand alone terms, it's alright, featuring some really great characters and character arcs, with Mordin and Samara proving particular highlights. The character quests are often pretty damn good. Heck, ME2 has the single best thing Bioware's done since BG2 in it, the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC.

It's the core plot that is a huge clusterfuck, and accomplishes nothing for the trilogy.

Sober

Paper's Please is a great stealth game!
long running joke of calling this game anything other than it's actual genre

Papers, Please actually isn't a real game because the game is not fun and it tries to talk about subject matter of which I am not accustomed to

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

jmRGlVMZFdhFF.png

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-4CF8B205CE1D2B7F - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-E09A0B152D7D9B77 - Taken by gaiadyne. 6 entrants total.

Project Aftermath -- MB-4412DA74A7CC67EE - Taken by Stumpokapow. 2 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-F8C80A80A737BDF4 - Taken by Locust. 1 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-682A14DEAE178869 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-94AEB65E1C7BEE3C - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 7 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-1FBE32463ADF55F3 - Taken by Mono. 1 entrants total.
Harvester -- MB-AE5B7341EB9F84B3 - Taken by lashman. 1 entrants total.
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-64CA23351D084B10 - Taken by X05. 1 entrants total.
Velocity Ultra -- MB-53E71D67EC67BB44 - Taken by Miker. 7 entrants total.
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City -- MB-BF6DAF7AA23D91D6 - Taken by derExperte. 4 entrants total.

Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-F551C37971B48F84 - Taken by Tektonic. 2 entrants total.
Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword -- MB-1F0C9BF348D7136C - Taken by Rudakus. 3 entrants total.
STORM: Frontline Nation -- MB-D965CE2651F379F3 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Thunder Wolves -- MB-12629D5505AE1485 - Taken by Xamdou. 3 entrants total.
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-3A75E6AF1A8645AE - Taken by Dambrosi. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-5BA8EF3F3199CD12
Influx -- MB-A96D2D35AB9F10F0 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 4 entrants total.
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-2092F02A84A5FE7B - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

t1404956007z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Jawmumcher, thank you for the Dino Crisis Beta. I am so happy they're bringing it to Steam. I can't wait to share this prehistoric joy with everyone here on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

On this note, I added icons for eShop, PSN, and XBL to ModBot today, so it's an ongoing reminder that if any of you want to give away Shovel Knight for 3DS in the Nintendo Downloads thread, or whatever other miscellaneous console loot you have, GO FOR IT! :)

Dambrosi

Banned
On this note, I added icons for eShop, PSN, and XBL to ModBot today, so it's an ongoing reminder that if any of you want to give away Shovel Knight for 3DS in the Nintendo Downloads thread, or whatever other miscellaneous console loot you have, GO FOR IT! :)
WOW WOW WOW

Absolutely HUGE news. Well played, Stump!

Hugstable

Banned
I thought it was about the same as Demon's and Dark 1.

Overall I'm finding Dark Souls 1 to be way tougher in the overall levels than Demon's Souls. I played Demon's Souls first as well, I think most of Demon's levels aren't that tough except the World 4 Storms castle area and the first section of Tower of Latria. Also maybe 1-3 and 1-4 are decently tough. The bosses are about equal though with the exception of Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls which is pretty damn tough fight. Demon's had Flamelurker and Maneater, most of the other bosses weren't too tough once you figured them out. I have still yet to play Dark Souls 2 and going to be moving onto it after I'm finished with 1

NICE! Very nice! Thanks Stump!

Deitus

I still haven't figured out how to gift PSN games. Is that only for codes you buy from 3rd party retailers, or is there actually a way to do this with games bought on PSN itself?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

For this, would I put "Shovel Knight for 3DS" or "Shovel Knight for eShop"? in a giveaway to get the symbol to show up?

I still haven't figured out how to gift PSN games. Is that only for codes you buy from 3rd party retailers, or is there actually a way to do this with games bought on PSN itself?

Third party selling such as Gamestop/GAME/Future Shop/etc or online stores such as Amazon they give out codes. Sadly no way through PSN as far as I know.

I've heard that ME3's ending ruins the game, but what's wrong with ME2?
Haha, Mono, don't listen to them!
Each game has its different strengths.
You'll like the first for all the new and fleshed out world, species and characters.
You'll love learning your old and new teammates better and care about them in the second. Also, Illusive Man is boss. The ending will get you choked up for all you've been through.
You'll be amazed at the scope events unfold in the third one. Whether you'll be satisfied with the ending should be left to yourself with an untouched opinion, don't let anyone get in your head.
Finally, you'll remember the way, the adventures and the friends you found and lost throughout more than 60 hours, not the last 10 minutes.
Enjoy the trilogy, don't let people focus you on the bad stuff.

It's trash!
entered for influx :)

Tenrius

Great news!

Might I suggest adding some sort of regional markers for the Nintendo codes? I can see some confusion possibly coming from EU people getting an NA code and vice versa. Not sure how it would be implemented (maybe just an option that would make Modbot add a huge warning to the post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom