• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's X-Blades that's crap, Blades of Time is the sequel and isn't terrible.

Nah, Blades of Time is decent if we're using the whole scale and not shunning anything 7/10 or lower like it has leprosy. X-Blades is flaming hot garbage though.

Oh yeah, I always get those confused. My bad.

802591479079538468.gif

we need a Guardians of the Galaxy game

Here you go:

rocket-raccoon-lvl-3-o.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
oh shit, all of them, or just the newer ones?

Really? That sucks. It looked really nice when someone posted screenshots of it in an earlier thread... But judging a book by its cover is a bad thing, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. :(

Blades of Times isnt garbage. Actually there is enough cool stuff in the bundle but I see people take the banner seriously.

KuGsj.gif

Lomax

oh shit, all of them, or just the newer ones?

Really? That sucks. It looked really nice when someone posted screenshots of it in an earlier thread... But judging a book by its cover is a bad thing, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. :(

Blades of Time has a generally positive reputation, it's the predecessor X-Blades that is considered terrible.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also, Rocket Racoon is one of the current starting heroes (as in, one of the guys you can choose for free if you dont have an account yet) in Marvel Heroes, and Starlord is coming out with the movie (that one isnt free tho)

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
That's... yes. I'm disappointed:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

FLY'N -- MB-02C0152D05A3B393 - Taken by Ezalc
To The Moon -- MB-D3FD11111B8F461E - Taken by xptoxyz
Coldfire Keep -- MB-FD401689F44DB7DF - Taken by drakaenae
Oil Rush -- MB-055FF1C61F093FC8 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Gaucamelee #2 -- MB-9E333E1C82ED63AE
A Train 8 -- MB-3F32417AC7D3A944
Aura Fate of the Ages -- MB-25AB0DD1C12CE741
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-96F2E87436FE4B1C - Taken by dinopoke
Sang Froid -- MB-B3C981B7A6DC8F8D
Manhunter -- MB-6162FBA3942540ED
Awesomenauts -- MB-249525D02717EBF4 - Taken by eek5
Thomas was Alone -- MB-AFB5497D107FFBD6 - Taken by diablogod
Safecracker -- MB-169B57540F385629

Dark Fall -- MB-E87E6C67C7BEC527 - Taken by Tesseract
Little Inferno -- MB-C480AA10DF0A364E
Desert Thunder -- MB-E6B8A324AF4F70E3
BioShock -- MB-8FE7643CFCDC1AC2 - Taken by Diggeh
Marine Sharpshooter II Jungle Warfare -- MB-9EEB0B2C17A3C3CB
Gaucamelee -- MB-60633B1FE05D50FF - Taken by Shadownet
Dark Fall 2 Lights Out -- MB-C6AE448E12C614B4
Bardbarian -- MB-2CE4F2BC6071D000
Hotline Miami -- MB-E24B29912432807C
t1cxE6r.gif
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-1BA714B3AE2C5D87 - Taken by MisterLuffy

Speevy

Banned
I think that if you made a ratio of budget:earnings, AAA video game adaptations of Marvel movies probably just don't make enough to justify their existence.

Nabs

I'm really enjoying PixelJunk Shooter. Is the sequel any good?

If you buy a game that was being family shared, does your playtime and save get carried over?

Yep. When you play a Family Shared game, it's as if you own it yourself. So your saves, achievements and playtime carry over.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Neat, I've never seen the Apple logo on a giveaway game before.

iOS, d'oh.

how you can buy shovel knight 3DS key anyway ? or any 3DS games

I'm not sure you can, but some people might get promotional or review codes every once in a while

Great news!

Might I suggest adding some sort of regional markers for the Nintendo codes? I can see some confusion possibly coming from EU people getting an NA code and vice versa. Not sure how it would be implemented (maybe just an option that would make Modbot add a huge warning to the post).

Yeah, I need to figure out the best way to ask people to indicate that, but in the mean time just make it clear in the game name.

Was just kicked by my CSGO team because I was doing poorly. I'm pretty sure I was matched with people better than me. Either that or I'm just tired. Time for bed I guess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, Mono, don't listen to them!
Each game has its different strengths.
You'll like the first for all the new and fleshed out world, species and characters.
You'll love learning your old and new teammates better and care about them in the second. Also, Illusive Man is boss. The ending will get you choked up for all you've been through.
You'll be amazed at the scope events unfold in the third one. Whether you'll be satisfied with the ending should be left to yourself with an untouched opinion, don't let anyone get in your head.
Finally, you'll remember the way, the adventures and the friends you found and lost throughout more than 60 hours, not the last 10 minutes.
Enjoy the trilogy, don't let people focus you on the bad stuff
This is true. Even the 3rd game, with all its flaws and stupid decisions, has some redeeming qualities which I won't spoil. All in all, it's a great trilogy that sadly isn't as good as it could have been (in my opinion, of course) if it would have improved upon the first game instead of removing most of its features. And try to enjoy the journey as much as you can (it's mostly amazing), because the destination may not be to your liking.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
a spare
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (A Fish Aficionado, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

To the Moon -- MB-C4C1C21E7E6A472D - Taken by AngerdX

Deitus

I felt the same at first, but then I found out I was liking the new characters more than I did the old ones, and I really enjoyed learning about their past. Because ME2 is basically a side story, with not much going on until the very end (most of the plot in this game already happened during the intro sequence), and instead you go on different missions solving your squadmates' problems. But most of those missions were enjoyable in my opinion, so I could appreciate that game, despite being inferior to the first one in everything except the shooting department.

Oh definitely. The characters were great, and their stories are basically the reason to play ME2. And it is worth playing.

But coming off ME1 (and I literally beat ME1 and started ME2 the very same week), it's hard not to be disappointed that it squanders so much of the potential that ME1 set up.

My giveaway:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DaBargainHunta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

jmRGlVMZFdhFF.png

Image courtesy of the great artist Gravelord_Nito

The Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-D2AEE39E255F25B9
Jack Orlando Director's Cut -- MB-C806612EE6202C0F - Taken by almostheathen. 1 entrants total.
KAMI -- MB-2624DD659582BCAF - Taken by AScotAbroad. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-46BC7F9EE2B626DE - Taken by pupo. 10 entrants total.
Final Slam II -- MB-B1D692B71AE6BD77 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please Ben There Dan That -- MB-2146438BD7EDA562 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 2 entrants total.
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-5DFC0A7CCE491220
Mata Hari -- MB-03920FD1079417CB - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.

t1404958528z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
how you can buy shovel knight 3DS key anyway ? or any 3DS games

Shovel Knights there isn't any way currently, but other 3DS games you can buy pre-made cards that come with cards at retail stores or online such as this that just give a code like Steam or otherwise.

Otherwise codes are given out through Kickstarters, review codes, and so forth. Right now a lot of people are giving away codes they acquire from Club Nintendo.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey SteamGAf quick question.

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Like if both were available right at this moment. what would you choose

That's about what I figured. Lame.

I actually wanted to buy a game for my brother on PSN a few months back. Since there is no way to actually do that, I just bought a $20 PSN gift card on Amazon and emailed him the code. I really hope they add options for direct gifting.

That, and wishlists would be great.

Uzzy

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Witcher 3, as I already own Divinity OS and Triss is a fantastic waifu.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Divinity personally, but Witcher 3 is on more wish lists for all the fellow GAFFERs on my friend list.

Divinity. For one thing, it's out now. EDIT: If both were available, still Divinity. Love me some ol' school RPG goodness.

Oh, if both were available right now? Hmm. Well Witcher 2 is still in my backlog, so probably Divinity. My answer may change if I ever get around to playing Witcher 2 and enjoy it enough.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Divinity because I can't run the Witcher and GAF seems to love it.

edit: saw your update. Still Divinity because you know it's good.

Lyn

Banned

Divinity, but only because it is available right now and everyone seems to be loving it. As much as I am dying to play W3, it still won't be released until next year. Might as well enjoy something now.

Edit: Oops, completely forgot the available right now option while typing the reply. Witcher 3 then no doubt. It looks amazing, and I have to see how they wrap the story up after the first two games.

kurahador

You can play Divinity right now, so that would be the better purchase.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm sorry if you guys misunderstand my question. I meant.

If both Divinity and Witcher 3 is available for purchase right this second. and you have neither of them. Which one would you choose?

The Witcher 3. Divinity OS is 3D isometric, which is one of my lesser favorite types of rpg setup. Witcher 3 is third person and open world which are two of my favorite aspects of an rpg. It's not really a difficult decision honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom