• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if you guys misunderstand my question. I meant.

If both Divinity and Witcher 3 is available for purchase right this second. and you have neither of them. Which one would you choose?

Witcher 3, just because im enjoying the witcher 2 so much and because i want a good reason to upgrade my PC in the near future : P

Caerith

Hey SteamGAf quick question.

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Like if both were available right at this moment. what would you choose

DOS. What little I've played of the Divinity series I've enjoyed, and what I've played of the Witcher series felt like a chore (hugely disappointing as I'm a big fan of the books).

Why just between those two, though?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
14614698454_0d48b99b0f_o.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for nbnt:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (nbnt, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-455810A9662CF695 - Taken by lashman. 99 entrants total.

t1404969029z1.png

Still a bit nervous about Alien Isolation given how excited I was about Colonial Marines up until the midnight release where I finally played it but it really seems like it could be great. October is so close!

Lain

Ha, guess I'm now officially in steam-gaf.
This is number 100 +1 btw for me, yay. Let's see how many years till 1000.

Thanks nbnt and chariot dearly!

With friends like them who needs enemies? =p

---

Something just because and because I wanted to try a stupid mystery giveaway that's not all that mysterious anyways.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game -- MB-2AF35EA794EE4F65 - Taken by Toki767. 7 entrants total.
Don't break it.
Mystery Game -- MB-669B1CA57EF16F2A - Taken by Coldsun. 6 entrants total.
1 Plus2=?
Mystery Game -- MB-F05D5D75E768AAD1 - Taken by Lazulic. 13 entrants total.
The origin of this ys a mystery.

t1404959850z1.png

Your scores are safe for now, I'm still trying to figure out how to do well on the Deadpool table. Having a set-up where your ball can still fail after being "saved" is really annoying design.

Whew. Yeah that sounds pretty annoying, yet appropriate for a Deadpool table, heh.

The other reasons that you might enter something that's not taken and be surprised when you don't win is if you're throttled, not eligible because of the rules, or blocked. In all three of those cases it will feel like you "ought" to win, but you won't.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you said I'm throttled.

Well, crap. How long are you throttled for?

Mono

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

The Witcher 3 needs to come out right now!! ;A;

But in all seriousness, CDPR needs to take they're time to make the game super awesome!

Yrael

Divinity, because I've already bought the Witcher 3. :p

But if I hadn't, then it'd be W3.

Deitus

The problem with this game is that I felt it had no reason to exist, nothing meaningful ever happens. The franchise could have jumped from ME1 right to 3, skipping it and retconning a few things here and there, and it would have been exactly the same. As far as I remember, there's nothing significant or important here, and even if 37 of the 40 hours that my playthrough took were great (didn't like the first 2, nor the hour or so of shitty planet scanning), there's still the feeling that it was an appetizer instead of the main dish. Side quests and character development instead of main missions and story advancing. Which isn't a bad thing, because as I said, it's very well done, but it could have (and should have) been much better.

Yeah, in terms of main plot it's basically a filler episode, but a fun one because the characters are great. There's a lot that I would have wanted them to do different, but I did enjoy my time with it.

Jawmuncher

Hmm playing MGR made me realize.
This sequel needs more female characters.
Seriously you got Sunny and Mistral who both don't do much in this.

Shadownet

Banned
Man nbnt, did you sell your kidney for all these giveaways?
So many in such a short time, I can't even fill the pms that fast.

that man isnt me :p he doesnt need to sell kidneys. I however do!

my god GAF. stop hyping up Alien so much! you're starting to make me want it! dont make me jump on the hype train!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you said I'm throttled.

Well, crap. How long are you throttled for?

Everyone has to wait at least a little while between wins. The amount of time you have to wait is based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. So as older wins drop off that time period, the throttle will decline in size until it's back to the baseline.

Xamdou

Everyone has to wait at least a little while between wins. The amount of time you have to wait is based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. So as older wins drop off that time period, the throttle will decline in size until it's back to the baseline.

Argghh, I shouldn't have gone for them easy ones ><!

AngerdX

Holy hell you people, i feel bad for even entering any more giveaways until i give something back again, i´ve been on such a lucky streak since yesterday and it´s been going all day today too.

yupp this place coupled with steam and russians is going to break my wallet i suspect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom