• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if you guys misunderstand my question. I meant.

If both Divinity and Witcher 3 is available for purchase right this second. and you have neither of them. Which one would you choose?

I just read Last Wish and Blood of the Elves so I'm pumped for some witcher action

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Hey SteamGAf quick question.

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Like if both were available right at this moment. what would you choose

I would choose Bad Rats.

Actually, I would choose Sakura Spirit.

Beelzebubs

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Divinity as I haven't finished Witcher 1 or 2 yet. Got put off by the combat in the first game and Divinity sounds more my thing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The Witcher 3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

If both Divinity and Witcher 3 is available for purchase right this second. and you have neither of them. Which one would you choose?

there is no IF, both Witcher 3 and Divinity ARE available for purchase right now

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Divinity for me then. I'm afraid I haven't actually finished Witcher 1, much less started 2. I keep meaning to, but then so many other games pop up and I want to play them.

I could do that right now, but Pinball FX 2 is keeping me away. Must beat people's high scores.

Ezalc

Divinity, because it's probably the one out of the two I'd actually be able to run on this old computer.

Vardhan

You can play one game now and the other next year.

I would choose Divinity because my laptop can't handle the Witcher 3.

I don't even have Witcher 2, so I guess I'd get Witcher 2+3, if they were available now.
But divinity looks good, too. And I never played top-down rpgs, so there's some curiosity.

Take Wizardry also it needs a good home
I would, but I already got Wizardry from a very kind member of SteamGAF.

Maybe ModBot is a bit busy. We'll see in a few minutes.
Looks like the one I went after (Thunder Wolves) got claimed by someone else. I'm kind of confused, though, as I entered after the giveaway was done, nobody had claimed it, but it says 3 entrants now?

ModBot must be having a rough day.

Altazor

Divinity: Original Sin.

I want The Witcher 3 immensely, but I'm definitely sure my current PC won't be able to run it, so... D:OS it is.

Speevy

Banned
Is it considered an honor or a stigma to have your game in a bundle right after its release?

Of course more exposure is a good thing, but I'm asking if the net result is usually positive.

Looks like the one I went after (Thunder Wolves) got claimed by someone else. I'm kind of confused, though, as I entered after the giveaway was done, nobody had claimed it, but it says 3 entrants now?

That means those previous entrants weren't eligible so none of them got it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You guys post too much :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 80 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-796D6158265BAD23 - Taken by Random Painted HIghway. 9 entrants total.
F.E.A.R. -- MB-FF5B8C6A0ADE15BC - Taken by Vazduh. 4 entrants total.
The Walking Dead -- MB-C134E89D6E99F5BA - Taken by Fracas. 7 entrants total.
SkyDrift -- MB-AD1F523A15269B3D
Amnesia: Dark Descent -- MB-B73EDE4326799DB0 - Taken by Atraveller. 5 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-1A41F40B46D938E9
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-AAE94A3BA036FEB5 - Taken by sotodefonk. 3 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-E54777F4A308B608 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-BACAEE4D83B98EC2 - Taken by deadflower81. 1 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please - Ben There, Dan That -- MB-98BBA60350F75797
The Showdown Effect -- MB-9A070C8812787ABA
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-7C450C38D96CD834 - Taken by Lazulic. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-E56124DAAFBBB6CC - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars E3 Robe -- MB-7C590EFA22529CBD
Professional Farmer 2014 -- MB-34D7BE26F3A301D1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-327C7A4FB2387569 - Taken by fade_. 3 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-CC96DEE10E29C311 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-1373DB020608128C - Taken by Blak_Status. 3 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-7E6105A47FE11A8B
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-713D62196AA66753 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-20894C07D99DD0FA
FEZ -- MB-C508AE6AADAE449C - Taken by soapypanda. 2 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-6D56F860C7CC65C4
Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown -- MB-ED3D5BB556B92684 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
Iron Grip: Warlord -- MB-7EF1FF09513F9C1B
Dream Pinball 3D -- MB-73007C70D012D57D - Taken by almostheathen. 3 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-ABB871467D0E859C
Nuclear Dawn #2 -- MB-F5A7CDEEDB216A46
RACE: The WTCC Game Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-100E5D63C6F9288D
Risen -- MB-00FBE0F66C4C0136 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-31A3F78781810A5E - Taken by ev0. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Gish -- MB-FB27EF1632ED3B42
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- MB-FBB1E6115C1E5C27 - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-0D7859CF8E7636BE
Bridge Constructor -- MB-61A92BB572938C1F - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-3EFFBB1903F274D9
GTR Evolution -- MB-FEC588C7F8A8A661 - Taken by mr2xxx. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-B52B97BC5C71FFDC
Bastion -- MB-6762C6F1C531607E - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-0014ACFBCF8C145D - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link -- MB-FFC53598177A1ACC - Taken by super-famicom. 2 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-69E8582980769108
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-F034F26D86CBAC74 - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-5E625B51ECF65085
Cortex Command -- MB-324BA9699819F464 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-F9333E50FB59051A
Sine Mora -- MB-AF71A1746D20B496 - Taken by ricochetguro. 2 entrants total.
Heroes of Annihilated Empires -- MB-6FB31903449E3255 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition -- MB-BEC0D25528628B76 - Taken by jon bones. 5 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-491D68D5F43CF73D - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-FF98EC49641F9E1D
The Swapper -- MB-024376FA45CF53FE - Taken by -MD-. 2 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-180D51682D690589 - Taken by Relax.MX. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-5B8665AD9F783AE9 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B592F8484D5465F7
Dollar Dash -- MB-03D9F8C069EB3A7A
Reus -- MB-A0A779FB11783B2E - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-AD5FC354A2DE6629 - Taken by soapypanda. 3 entrants total.
The Void -- MB-904826B31B991CC8 - Taken by LostAtLife. 2 entrants total.
Bridge Project -- MB-840E15F7C083A271
Mirror's Edge -- MB-6101BE6C0A83D6F5 - Taken by ItsGeeMcGee. 1 entrants total.
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-C9059373C66FB53F
System Shock 2 -- MB-A34E775E321366AC - Taken by hitmon. 6 entrants total.
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-2D9C7CEDAF9287EE - Taken by abracadaver. 1 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection -- MB-54A9082D3E098B75 - Taken by bacon-bits. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-6C8EAE19F4A45E5D - Taken by weemadarthur. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-A6C8D65B4C86B272 - Taken by Sarobi. 2 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-C016DD6DAEEC64DD - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-692938F8A27CD2A5
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-6D264827BBAAA5F8 - Taken by Yakkue. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-7DC1636D5AE00B01 - Taken by cHinzo. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-AEF2700AFA73C670 - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-FACE047C02F3930F - Taken by soapypanda. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC -- MB-DFBC6055DCB1D803 - Taken by Wok. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-06AEF0233F58AD65
xheRJRF.gif
Postal 1 -- MB-A518767D2E5CE374
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-7F85051CAB52B324 - Taken by Uni on Everything!. 1 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-A4DE646371AA2215
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-B772BB7D852A06A6 - Taken by ImSooFlye. 3 entrants total.

t1404968849z1.png

The DXHR key and Missing Link one *might* be taken, so if you win and they were used let me know.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I would, but I already got Wizardry from a very kind member of SteamGAF.

Well it has been very active these days so it wouldn't surprise me if it slows down a bit.

City 17

Right now, Divinity.
Both available, Witcher 3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it considered an honor or a stigma to have your game in a bundle right after its release?

Of course more exposure is a good thing, but I'm asking if the net result is usually positive.

There's no easy answer. I think at this point the consensus is that if you were expecting your game to do well, you don't want it to be in a bundle too quickly. But if you're one of the dozens of games releasing weekly that no one cares about, the bundle will give you enough money to pay rent + hopefully generate some word of mouth. A lot of games are in bundles before release to raise support for Greenlight + pay the rent.

ModBot only gives away three games per heartbeat, every 45-ish seconds. If someone gives away a bunch of games, it takes a while to process the full giveaway. You entered for a game that was ready to be drawn for but hadn't been drawn for yet. It was not that nobody had claimed it, it was that others had claimed it but ModBot wasn't ready yet. The other reasons that you might enter something that's not taken and be surprised when you don't win is if you're throttled, not eligible because of the rules, or blocked. In all three of those cases it will feel like you "ought" to win, but you won't.

Separately, I think you're throttled right now anyway:
Code:
GA: Begin Claims: Selected electroflame to win game 2146438BD7EDA562
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 851713
GA: Claim Process: Reading posters from thread 847028
GA: Claim Process: Storing Lurkers for now.
GA: Claim Process: Poster nominally meets no-lurker requirements: electroflame -- 35
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has won 7 times in last week.
(... logs relating to throttle operation and throttle timer calculation here)
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster must not have a win since 1404850594
GA: Claim Process Throttle: Poster has won too recently: 1404936831 which is after the limit 1404850594 for electroflame

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nooo, did you beat my scores already? I worked really hard to beat yours. :'(

Your scores are safe for now, I'm still trying to figure out how to do well on the Deadpool table. Having a set-up where your ball can still fail after being "saved" is really annoying design.

iosefe

Divinity, easy. it might actually run on my computer. and it is very hyped in my book thanks too all these gaf posts

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh definitely. The characters were great, and their stories are basically the reason to play ME2. And it is worth playing.

But coming off ME1 (and I literally beat ME1 and started ME2 the very same week), it's hard not to be disappointed that it squanders so much of the potential that ME1 set up.
Yeah, I totally know what you mean. I played the whole trilogy right when ME3 came out (actually that's the reason I did, because several friends were bothering me until I finally agreed to do it), so as soon as I was done with one game I started the next one. I thought the first hour or two of ME2 were shit, I kid you not. Total shit, from plot to game mechanics and controls, and it had technical issues too (had to disable a CPU core to make the loading times bearable). But then it got better, once I could accept it was different from the previous game and that I either dealt with it or dropped the franchise entirely. And I'm glad I did, because the side missions were worth it, as were the characters and their backstory.

The problem with this game is that I felt it had no reason to exist, nothing meaningful ever happens. The franchise could have jumped from ME1 right to 3, skipping it and retconning a few things here and there, and it would have been exactly the same. As far as I remember, there's nothing significant or important here, and even if 37 of the 40 hours that my playthrough took were great (didn't like the first 2, nor the hour or so of shitty planet scanning), there's still the feeling that it was an appetizer instead of the main dish. Side quests and character development instead of main missions and story advancing. Which isn't a bad thing, because as I said, it's very well done, but it could have (and should have) been much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom