• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
One of us... One of us... One of us...

11140224_gal.jpg

That's some Children of the Corn shit..

SteamGAF, is Valiant Hearts worth buying? Full price?

worth every penny.

Speevy

Banned
I don't think people can say whether they'd pay full price on it since by and large the people here didn't. (myself included, got it free from a generous gaffer as a matter of fact)

that man isnt me :p he doesnt need to sell kidneys. I however do!

my god GAF. stop hyping up Alien so much! you're starting to make me want it! dont make me jump on the hype train!
You're pretty
too much
generous, too.
But sometimes I wonder how you big givers actually afford all that.

Toki767

Hmm...I won Lain's mystery giveaway which turned out to be Ys Oath in Felghana which I already have. What's the code here? Decline the gift and let him rerun the giveaway? I'd kind of feel weird accepting it just to give it away again.

Helmholtz

I get two directly opposed answers XD haha

what does one get from a DOTA2 chest anyway
According to the dota wiki, that particular one just contains a random common item (worthless) and some compendium points (which are worth a little bit due to The International tournament that just started). I couldn't really see that thing going up in price much.

Normal dota chests have a chance to drop a valuable item, but that one doesn't seem to.

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm...I won Lain's mystery giveaway which turned out to be Ys Oath in Felghana which I already have. What's the code here? Decline the gift and let him rerun the giveaway?

ahhhhh so it was you. Hugs told me about you. You can do that or ask him if you can raffle it off yourself.

Banished is $9.99 again on the humble store. There it goes tempting me again. Broken Age worth $12.50?

I've been tempted by Banished a few times as well. But I think I'd just play it, get overwhelmed, and never touch it again.

... much like my experience with Europa Universalis III and IV.

Strider

I've played a little under an hour so far of Ys Origin and so far I'm liking it. The default controls are weird though so I'm gonna need to change those. Z for attack and X for jumping just feels wrong.

Oublieux

I'm sorry if you guys misunderstand my question. I meant.

If both Divinity and Witcher 3 is available for purchase right this second. and you have neither of them. Which one would you choose?

Witcher 3 myself; despite the fact I haven't read the books, the world and lore is so interesting!

hitmon

It was just incredibly... bleh, with limited game mechanics and unengaging story.
DNF. Maybe I'll go back one day.

Note: I love adventure games, I was weaned on them.
Broken Age just left me cold.

That is disappointing to read. Thanks for the feedback.

It was just incredibly... bleh, with limited game mechanics and unengaging story.
DNF. Maybe I'll go back one day.

Note: I love adventure games, I was weaned on them.
Broken Age just left me cold.

Can you please elaborate on how a point-and-click adventure has limited game mechanics? Games like Machinarium and The Journey Down are literally one-button mechanics and they're still great games. I'm not slagging your opinion, I haven't played it, I'm just curious and looking for clarity.

Toki767

Thank Lain for this guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to Lain, (not Toki767 or ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-1D0AEFA4B216252A - Taken by Diggeh. 33 entrants total.

t1404971488z1.png

Turfster

Can you please elaborate on how a point-and-click adventure has limited game mechanics? Games like Machinarium and The Journey Down are literally one-button mechanics and they're still great games. I'm not slagging your opinion, I haven't played it, I'm just curious and looking for clarity.

Well... Let me spoil some of the
boy side: You basically have to do the same 4 "adventures" twice, which basically comes down to clicking a dialog option in each one, which will then let you break the routine... only to drop you in yet another repetitive "mission" block that keeps repeating, which comes down to an automatic "hit the monkey to win!!!!!!" game.
It's just the same uninteresting stuff over and over again.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone is playing CSGO right now. I feel like I should've bought that during the Summer Sale, but I already have to much to play...Ech!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well not really sure about this game but I'll celebrate a new VN getting to Steam anyways.
ModBot said:
Instructions for InfiniteNine:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (InfiniteNine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sakura Spirit #2- -- MB-FEF849A11C441B4F - Taken by wilflare. 31 entrants total.
Sakura Spirit -- MB-C38CD41BA7F2A1F1 - Taken by Myshkin. 42 entrants total.

t1404971907z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom