• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

PSA:

So in this week's edition of games on Steam that are completely broken, A New Reckoning was released as an early access game the other day. Early access doesn't even begin to describe the game.

Of course, it was bundled in the past, so it made it through Greenlight. Unfortunately, all of the screenshots that show of the scenery are lies. The main trailer actually shows off how bad it is, showing how some enemies don't even move when you get close, and you can see a few float towards you in T pose. Jim Sterling has a 35+ minute video showcasing the most recent update of the game, and it's pretty bad.

This game is what gives early access games a bad name.

fucking brlliant!

You know, I like SOME thing off what Jim showed in that video. I think the setting is promising: this sort of decayed, abandoned industrial complex in the middle of the snow... with some good art direction, it'd interesting to see it realized. It's a shame that everything else about it seems terrible.

-Deimos

You really think so? You're not just beelining for the mission objectives are you? There's tonnes of side stuff to do as well

I'm one of those guys who completes all side objectives and goes back to explore every missed route after knocking out the enemies. It's not a bad game, but it would have been 100x better if it were open world or at least had large, connected areas.

tylerf

Deponia Complete is totally a buggy mess. Unplayable on PC and it seems like only a matter of time until one of the bugs on Mac is game breaking.

tylerf

Are you for real? Wtf? I just bought it. Can you describe what's wrong?

On PC I was unable to even start because the character would just walk in place and never move. On Mac there have been a few times where I had to save and reload to get out of a never ending loop when trying to enter or exit rooms/buildings.

Beelzebubs

oh my spent all day going crazy over argie match

what happened today steamgaf

i heard something about waifus

About 7 Alien: Isolation giveaways, some waifu love with added Steam screenshots and that's about it.

Oh and Stump added some awesome new images on Modbot for Mystery Game giveaways.

Ventara

On PC I was unable to even start because the character would just walk in place and never move. On Mac there have been a few times where I had to save and reload to get out of a never ending loop when trying to enter or exit rooms/buildings.

Oh man, that sucks. Gonna check the forums to see if it's happening a lot.

Edit: Yeah, there seems to be a number of people who have bug troubles with the game. This is so lame. 1 key was an amazing price for this game, but not if I can't play it bug-free.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why do the people in Sunless Sea say Zee instead of Sea? I'm going mad.

the game has a fuckload of made up terms, its like those penny arcade parody strips about the lovecraftian superhero...but, you know, not parody

I really wish there was some sort of Steam info centre that Japanese people could trust and thus learn about Steam. It's such a huge part of the PC market that it borders on ignorance if you have a PC game to sell and don't know about Steam.

I started using this site last year when I was still living in Japan. It allows you to purchase Steam Wallet funds, and pay for them at convenience stores.

http://steam.degica.com/

The banner in the middle of the page (with images of many gears) links to a Steam beginner's guide.

Dingotech

So I built a new PC last month including an Asus GTX780, I was thinking that like my previously GPU purchases there might be a free game voucher included.

Unfortunately there was nothing on or inside the box indicating as such. Does anybody know if there are any promotions going on that I'm not aware of? It's not a big deal but hey I'll take something if it's free.

So I built a new PC last month including an Asus GTX780, I was thinking that like my previously GPU purchases there might be a free game voucher included.

Unfortunately there was nothing on or inside the box indicating as such. Does anybody know if there are any promotions going on that I'm not aware of? It's not a big deal but hey I'll take something if it's free.
Ask the retailer you bought the GPU from.

That insane price in UK, not sure if its final.
SARCWbC.jpg

saunderez

I'm one of those guys who completes all side objectives and goes back to explore every missed route after knocking out the enemies. It's not a bad game, but it would have been 100x better if it were open world or at least had large, connected areas.

Fair enough, I just had to ask. I'm totally with you, absolutely prefer open world games. But at the same time love the shit out of Dishonored.

Milamber

Wish they had this in Taiwan...

Such an awesome system implemented, shows the level of commitment Japan has with Steam. Once Valve announces an 18+ store page, and abolish Greenlight, it is my firm hope that a huge number of self-published Doujin games start popping up.

zkylon

zkylewd
just watched that game's trailer, pretty risky stuff lol

steam needs to be able to allow you to filter this stuff up asap

i don't mind people buying hentai games or whatever on steam, even if these games are more titillating than explicit, i wouldn't mind those existing or anything, i just want to be able to make some use of the new releases thing

at this point i wish enhanced steam added a "junk" column to that part and just drop all that shit there

About 7 Alien: Isolation giveaways, some waifu love with added Steam screenshots and that's about it.

Oh and Stump added some awesome new images on Modbot for Mystery Game giveaways.
i never know if i really like the alien games

i'm not big into horror in games but they do sound cool

dot

Such an awesome system implemented, shows the level of commitment Japan has with Steam. Once Valve announces an 18+ store page, and abolish Greenlight, it is my firm hope that a huge number of self-published Doujin games start popping up.

Did you ever play past those 10 minutes of High School Dreams?

The user reviews and comments for 4PM are brutal and makes me cry:

"Here we go again
Another 'wow check this deep message I thought of' presented in the form of a 'game'.
Why do you half baked devs keep crying for money with these idiotic type of "games", for what could've been done way easier (and cheaper) in a short-movie format?
This is just dumb honestly. At least that's what I think. There is no use in making a game to show the "player" a movie."

Culdcept on the PS2 was the best game ever I"ll cut you!

:D

Volcynika

I want to repeat one of my giveaways I did back in the winter holiday sale to spread the love of one of my favorite series. So sometime tomorrow (barring unforseen circumstances), expect these to appear in a Modbot giveaway!

GGUmEhs.png

rtcn63

I want to repeat one of my giveaways I did back in the winter holiday sale to spread the love of one of my favorite series. So sometime tomorrow (barring unforseen circumstances), expect these to appear in a Modbot giveaway!

Don't overexert yourself brah, just Ys into it

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Hey SteamGAf quick question.

If you can choose one of these games to be yours right now. What would you pick? Divinity Original Sin or The Witcher 3?

Like if both were available right at this moment. what would you choose

Easily Divinity. I love the other divinity games, I love the games OS is based off. God I want it. Stupid no money problem.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Divinity: Beyond but not Original. Kinda Stale Bread. No Co-Op:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Iesabel -- MB-28B1E86770B40BD0 - Taken by Lomax
Soulbringer -- MB-B0D3FFA30F4F9B7D
Beyound Divinity -- MB-92B9F92EA43274E5 - Taken by zerokoolpsx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom