• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

finished watching both of Jim Sterling's videos on "A New Reckoning"... maaaan, this game looks AWFUL. Horrible collision detection, no difficulty at all (the only way to die seem to be: a) get swarmed by enemies or, b) fall of the edge of the world), copypasted textures, copypasted corridors, copypasted enemies, AND SO ON.

Even with all of those huge, glaring, problems, I think there's a small kernel of good things that can come out of it. As I said before: I think the setting's interesting. At least the outside areas, 'cause indoors it's just an endless maze of the same wall texture over and over again... but the outside, I quite like the derelict industrial feeling the game gives. And, again, with some proper art direction (and... well, EVERYTHING ELSE), I guess the setting would be something close to memorable.

Anyway, I'm rambling about a shitty game. I'm blaming the hour. It's late and i should go to sleep.

dot

I don't understand how the CSGO Operation Breakout cases dropped by nearly 3 dollars within 24 hours...

Of course this happens when i finally get a case drop.

Hugstable

Banned
I want to repeat one of my giveaways I did back in the winter holiday sale to spread the love of one of my favorite series. So sometime tomorrow (barring unforseen circumstances), expect these to appear in a Modbot giveaway!

GGUmEhs.png

You are doing the Lords work!

Volcynika

Always good to see the Ys love get spread around. Too bad the Ys I like the best (7) isn't on Steam.

We can only hope that one day XSEED will have the time to maybe get that Chinese PC version over here somehow. Or I dunno. I'll either post the giveaway in the morning or afternoon, need to sleep. Oy!

Reposting one last time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3 -- MB-3DE253606D3DE100 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 147 entrants total.

t1404997247z1.png

Started playing Action Henk. Good grief this is basically my childhood. Setting up my action figures and hot wheels car sets and stuff. This game is great, I really recommend it to everyone that played with action figures as a kid.

Ozium

Started playing Action Henk. Good grief this is basically my childhood. Setting up my action figures and hot wheels car sets and stuff. This game is great, I really recommend it to everyone that played with action figures as a kid.

was waiting for impressions.. sounds good, thanks

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
We can only hope that one day XSEED will have the time to maybe get that Chinese PC version over here somehow. Or I dunno. I'll either post the giveaway in the morning or afternoon, need to sleep. Oy!

They need a bigger budget. Their office is tiny.

Speevy

Banned
Serious question: Why does it keep linking me to another country's store every time someone posts a link?

My steam website doesn't do that, but there are too many separate instances of this for it to be some other region's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ys more like Zelda or FF?

neither really but since combat is real time I guess...zelda, if we had to narrow it down to those 2 games. But, really, its nothing like zelda

Ventara

Just so everyone know, it's spelled Ys, and pronounced "ease."

I know some of you are joking, but just wanted to say that so that others don't mistakenly think that it's actually typed Y's.

Beelzebubs

Buy gun, shoot at anything that moves.

That was my go to as pretty decent at TF2. The hitboxes are so small :S I actually have to be accurate! Not used to this or the weapon system. I'll just ignore chat til I work out what the hell anything in the game means.

All the online tutorials are complete gibberish to me hehe.

Volcynika

I hope the + signs in Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles+ didn't mess this up, but here ya go! (If it messed up when winners are picked I'll fix it asap!) I'll bump it every six hours or so depending on my schedule.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Volcynika:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volcynika, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana #1 -- MB-FBC9E85CB5031C6C - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Ys: The Oath in Felghana #2 -- MB-E1CDA56E7D78EAB0
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #3 -- MB-57C7110075E56013
Ys: The Oath in Felghana #4 -- MB-B85F81890F122C9B

Ys Origin #1 -- MB-D17611B560BD65FE
Ys Origin #2 -- MB-571D02488A46E3FD
Ys Origin #3 -- MB-CAE087FA82A4B639
Ys Origin #4 -- MB-EE6FA5A3F80DB3F4

Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #1 -- MB-12DFE19B03374C3D - Taken by RionaaM. 11 entrants total.
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #2 -- MB-1D9065E4A31EB9ED
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #3 -- MB-F31E1BE8E5D1FAEE
Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles + #4 -- MB-98404DDEF4B15376

t1405054289z1.png

Lomax

It was okay.

Card City Nights on Steam looks good but I learned to never trust user reviews. Wait for the Autumn sale then I guess.

Card City Nights is really good. A lot of people compare it to triple triad from FFVIII. It's not a boardgame though, it has a rudimentary story and a booster pack mechanic. It held my attention longer than Hearthstone did.

Speevy

Banned
I'm like that dog when playing Rust.

I walked around, picked up a rock, shot by unseen person.

Walked around, picked up a rock, lose a fight with a guy who has an axe or something.

Now it's dark...walk around looking for anything, get killed by a wolf.

mr2xxx

Banned
Never played a CS game before, just installed CS:GO and getting flamed in first game.

xVyoSl.jpg

No tutorial mode sucks :(

Played at a friends house once to try it out and all it was was death, re spawn, 3seconds later death, re spawn 3 seconds later death, repeat. Not fun!

fernandes

Never played a CS game before, just installed CS:GO and getting flamed in first game.

No tutorial mode sucks :(

Just play Deathmatch or Arms Race until you get used to it. It's a lot of fun when you just want to shoot some dudes without all the elitists from competitive matchmaking.

iosefe

I hope the + signs in Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles+ didn't mess this up, but here ya go! (If it messed up when winners are picked I'll fix it asap!) I'll bump it every six hours or so depending on my schedule.

as someone who already owns Oath, i'm set until winter right? no need to enter now?

City 17

So how's it going?

ModBot said:
Instructions for City 17:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (City 17, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-8D95019D8D6C3495 - Taken by Purkake4 - Taken by Ozium. 24 entrants total.

t1404969268z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom