• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altazor

Not to go off topic, but i agree with you. It makes me really sad he's not famous. Such an amazing artist. Deserves waaaay more recognition.

oh indeed. He's funny, humble and amazingly talented. Such a shame that popular music isn't completely in line with the music Dev creates.

I have been trying to introduce people to his stuff for years and I love seeing when it clicks with them. I blew my voice out doing a bunch of voices and singing for the Universal Choir for Z2 and I didn't even care, I stay hevy for the devy.

Fuck, that's awesome. Z2's going to be overwhelmingly epic, it seems. I wasn't a HUGE fan of ZTO but still... it's Dev. His "lesser" material is still better than lots of other band's entire catalogues.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank you for the spoiler free thoughts on Valiant Hearts, KevMan. I must admit between your thoughts The Monk, and others, it's getting really hard for me to not break down and just buy the game myself for story alone. Only a lack of funds and a locked out Steam account is preventing me.

I keep seeing the "Guitar Hero" section brought up as being overly long, but how long is really? Does it just feel long or is an actual large amount of time spent on it?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I have listened to his new song dozens of times already.
Casualties of Cool 'Mountaintop'

And Ziltoid needs a videogame treatment.

I made this to try and appeal towards a Ziltoid game but I don't think he's one for the video games so it might have fallen to the wayside.

iZIX8jSxK24Jn.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Left side of the head hurts. I should probably sleep...

Take care guys and dont give away games that are or might end on my wishlist!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
save the money, save the money
but get the 21:9 screen

I might buy one with the monster rig next year, I want something to last me another 5+ years like this one has (to be fair this one is still going strong, I run Wolfenstein maxed no problem for example, not the most demanding game but hey, its on the ps4 and xbone at least)

but arent those screens super expensive tho? Think i'd rather just get 2 normal ones

Helmholtz

And the first season ending didn't make you cry? It made me.
The ending of the first season was the closest a game has ever come to making me cry. I got tearey eyed for sure. And I was actually depressed for a couple days after completing it too. Needless to say it's one of my favorite games of all time now. It's not very often I get to have that kind of experience with a video game.
Valiant Hearts sounds like something I might be into based on those impressions.

wilflare

I might buy one with the monster rig next year, I want something to last me another 5+ years like this one has (to be fair this one is still going strong, I run Wolfenstein maxed no problem for example, not the most demanding game but hey, its on the ps4 and xbone at least)

but arent those screens super expensive tho? Think i'd rather just get 2 normal ones

I ventured into those 21:9 screen threads... I regret going in
but I think they are around 500? for the very well-recommended LG ones.. and that's pretty good price

and a full 21:9 beats two screens because no bezel!

check the threads out... but I warn ya... the temptation may get too strong to resist

I ventured into those 21:9 screen threads... I regret going in
but I think they are around 500? for the very well-recommended LG ones.. and that's pretty good price

and a full 21:9 beats two screens because no bezel!

check the threads out... but I warn ya... the temptation may get too strong to resist

I just want to upgrade from my 1400x900 screens...

I made this to try and appeal towards a Ziltoid game but I don't think he's one for the video games so it might have fallen to the wayside.
2fe171e196.gif

The ending of the first season was the closest a game has ever come to making me cry. I got tearey eyed for sure. And I was actually depressed for a couple days after completing it too. Needless to say it's one of my favorite games of all time now. It's not very often I get to have that kind of experience with a video game.
Valiant Hearts sounds like something I might be into based on those impressions.
That's an ending i wish i didn't get spoiled(TWD). Feels like an interesting thing to experience.

Yakkue

I keep seeing the "Guitar Hero" section brought up as being overly long, but how long is really? Does it just feel long or is an actual large amount of time spent on it?

It's not really one section, but a often recurring gameplay mechanic, that takes maybe
15-20 seconds
each time. The last one in the game is longer though (maybe about
a minute
long?) If you mess up, it takes longer of course, as you have to do it all over again.

Oh man, A New Reckoning is back. At least they cleaned the storefront up from the *first* time it was on Early Access, before Steam made 'em take it off because they screwed up the installation process so much they were giving customers non-Steam workarounds to get the game to even load.

Thankfully, the incredible pitch text's still up on Indie Gala: http://store.indiegala.com/index.php/a-new-reckoning.html

The selected "reviews" for your edification:

“so far the game is fantastic, i hope everyone else can see past the inception like state its in right now and see just how great the game is. i keep playing over and over because of how fun it is. if anyone else is enjoying the game please post here.”
Metalrain300

“looks great so far. cant wait to see a fuctioning main menu + controls setting..”
JewForJesus

Also pls make sure you have the requisite 8 to 16 MB of RAM, with 20 GB of free space to run this game.

Helmholtz

That's an ending i wish i didn't get spoiled(TWD). Feels like an interesting thing to experience.
Sorry to hear it :(. But yeah, with games (or any medium, really) which are story heavy, spoilers can really detract from the experience. Luckily GAF is a pretty safe place most of the time as long as you browse smart.
I did not at all expect that game to effect me as much as it did. I can usually handle sad movies or books and whatnot. But something about it being a game that I interacted with and spent ~10 hours playing made the conclusion that much more effective.
I'm actually kind of hesitant to play Season 2 because I'm afraid I might not like it as much as S1 and it could retroactively hurt my experience with that first game.

Sorry to hear it :(. But yeah, with games (or any medium, really) which are story heavy, spoilers can really detract from the experience. Luckily GAF is a pretty safe place most of the time as long as you browse smart.
I did not at all expect that game to effect me as much as it did. I can usually handle sad movies or books and whatnot. But something about it being a game that I interacted with and spent ~10 hours playing made the conclusion that much more effective.
I'm actually kind of hesitant to play Season 2 because I'm afraid I might not like it as much as S1 and it could retroactively hurt my experience with that first game.
It wasn't something like a "friend" or a comment on the internet that spoiled me. Was listening to a podcast that was talking about Walking Dead in general and they spoiled it. I made the conscious choice of not pausing or skipping the part. Wish i skipped it :p
But yeah, totally agree with you. Story heavy games really suffer from spoilers.

MayMay

Banned
Never played a CS game before, just installed CS:GO and getting flamed in first game.

xVyoSl.jpg

No tutorial mode sucks :(

It's funny, you'd expect the Classic Competitive matches to be even worse than the casual ones - but actually I find that the atmosphere overall is better than in bloated casual matches. So - get a bit of experience until you think you're fairly confident and just queue up for competitive matches. There's still the occasional hater, but definitely not as many as in the casual ones. (+ they're way more fun anyways)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm incredibly confused, I clearly remember googling the guys name before and I was getting some crazy metal that I hated, this is so far from that and it sounds great.

Devin used to be the driving force behind Strapping Young Lad, which is about as crazy as it gets. As he moved away from that, got older and started sobering up he's been exploring a lot of great new sounds for himself. Casualties is his exploits into more of a country sound, He did an ambient album called Ghost which was also quite a far-cry from everything else he's done.

He can do whatever he wants, dude's amazing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stealing a man's waifu is a big mistake Wilflare...

jediyoshi

Grats... ;-;

That gif creeps me out.

Operation Breakout cases keep going down....do they really drop for everyone now? I don't see anything in the update notes or forums saying that.

The timer on drops probably resets around this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom