• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awesome tag man. Much deserved.

Cheers. :)

That's a good question and I can only guess. I think there's definitely a chance Source 2/L4D3 will be revealed this year, Valve have been referencing Source 2 at Steam Dev Days a couple of times. It should be in an advanced state now. But the thing with Valve is they don't seem to like overlapping/parallel communication. Like this month it's all about TI, next month CSGO will have a major tournament and they probably want to talk about Steam Universe stuff again. So I think Fall could be the earliest, I'm just not sure how much sense that would make as Fall is very busy with game releases. Do we usually get lot of reveals during that period?

If we assume L4D3 is being prepped for a Q4 2015 release I'd say the earliest we'll see official releases of media will be March/April next year. I just hope there's another reveal ARG as the Portal 2 one was fun to follow.

AHA-Lambda

Fuck yeah! Plots everywhere!

image.php

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm considering sharing my library with the only condition the one who ends up sharing with organizes all my games by category appropriately. For me being a lazy ass someone might get to play my games
KuGsj.gif

Benedict

This thread moves so fast! Anyway...

I got people who get it and others who don't. Trying to figure out what's wrong.

Thank you! I am doing fine thanks :) Passed some rough times after Under Siege launched.

You should all get that today. All 3 of you :p

People already bought the game once. Charging for it twice would be greedy. And getting my baby on Steam and people playing and having fun with it is more rewarding anyway.

Oh! This is good news! Will PM you if you don't mind to ask for details how you did it since some fans are confused on where to get it (check first quote :D).

Manel blesses you all with his insights on alcohol!

Thanks for all the answers, but Trellisaze's solution does not work for me and makes me even more confused.
I bought the game through IndieRoyale. When trying to redeem code on Desura, it just states that I should get my key from IndieRoyale.
This is still the case right?
just have to wait?

If we assume L4D3 is being prepped for a Q4 2015 release I'd say the earliest we'll see official releases of media will be March/April next year. I just hope there's another reveal ARG as the Portal 2 one was fun to follow.

Both L4Ds were Fall releases, right? It would make sense then. But I also think they'd like to run a proper beta. Especially because of the new engine. That could be months.

That's a good question and I can only guess. I think there's definitely a chance Source 2/L4D3 will be revealed this year, Valve have been referencing Source 2 at Steam Dev Days a couple of times. It should be in an advanced state now. But the thing with Valve is they don't seem to like overlapping/parallel communication with major things. Like this month it's all about TI, next month CSGO will have a major tournament and they probably want to talk about Steam Universe stuff again. So I think Fall could be the earliest, I'm just not sure how much sense that would make as Fall is very busy with game releases. Do we usually get lot of reveals during that period?.

I had forgot about Steam Universe, I guess a 2015 announcement is more logical.

JaseC

Both L4Ds were Fall releases, right? It would make sense then. But I also think they'd like to run a proper beta. Especially because of the new engine. That could be months.

Yeah, 1 in released October and 2 in November. The idea of a beta is interesting as Valve could release the game under the Early Access banner, although this would require EA (or whoever is to be the game's retail distributor -- I wouldn't be surprised if Valve takes the game elsewhere after the Portal 2 early release snafu) to agree.

Rudakus

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked and answered didn't see it though. I've never played Y's which one to start with(I'll be playing with a controller if that matters) The Oath in Felghana or Origin? I've seen where people said to start with one of those two, but not which of the two.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-07-10_14-32-34.jpg

I ... I ... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? O_O I ... actually ... won??? O_O

how is this even possible? *faints*

lashman

That's it, I take back adding you on Steam just now. You're blocked
:p

ummm, sorry ... it's not really my fault ... I literally NEVER win anything ever ... I'm more surprised about that than you are O_O

Chariot

Yeah, we understand why. Well take a couple hours break, you know, recharge, and then you can have another session. But you can only play 3 sessions a day. 4, tops.
There is a limit how much I can shower per day.

So where's the OT?
Maybe I make won if I am not banned after finishing the game.

Evil >< why are you making me to buy this game?!
I don't. You can see everything important in my screenshot gallery :p

Mai Waifu
She is the best designed character so far.

Well, that quickly became NSFW.
Can we please not post these sorts of images openly? They're borderline NSFW, especially the nude ones.
Yeah, please?

I'm at work..
Yeah, you're right. Edited my post. I hope that the normal sprites are ok, I do realize that even they are kinda skanky.

lashman

I wonder if Sega will ever fix the sub name, haha (it's an Alien game, not an Aliens one).

if I had to guess, I'd say - fat chance ;)

edit: oh, no, wait ... it actually is listed as Alien in my library

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"Waifus"
"Others"
Ys I and II
Ys Oath To Felghana
Ys Origin
Astebreed
Vanguard Princess
Long Live The Queen
Blades of Time
X-Blades
Remember Me
Alice Madness Returns
Skullgirls
Ms. Explosion Man
Exceed 1-3
Velvet Assassin
99 Spirits
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
Bloodrayne 1 and 2
Killer is Dead (Waifu minigames)
Septerra Core
Sudeki
They Bleed Pixels
2014-07-10_14-32-34.jpg

I ... I ... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? O_O I ... actually ... won??? O_O

how is this even possible? *faints*

Im jelly.
jelly-wobbling-o.gif

lashman

Haha, I just have Alien envy :p

well I'm sure there'll be plenty more giveaways before the release ;) I'll try to organize one myself as soon as I get my hands on some cash (if the game isn't region locked by then)

JaseC

if I had to guess, I'd say - fat chance ;)

edit: oh, no, wait ... it actually is listed as Alien in my library

Yeah, the app is named correctly but not the sub, which means that someone fixed the former but overlooked the latter.

Dingotech

Yay I managed to obtain copies of The Witcher 3 and Divinity OS. Finally I feel like I can be part of the Steam thread without just chasing Modbot entries!

Now to find the time to actually play Divinity, on that note bedtime.

neoemonk

Stars of Blood? Is this a late April Fools joke or something? Is Valve getting into the games development business or something?

i don't remember who gave a heads up for the hero siege sale on humble store but thanks to him/her, having lots of fun with the game and currently having a completely op run with the pirate

Dr Dogg

Awwwwww. Even though concept art in relation to final product are usually poles apart that looks awesome. :(

from that link I gather, they advised on gadgets only.

to Jasec: way to break our hearts!
looks great, yea

The funny thing is even if it was just the gadgets they advised on (the article still sounds like wishy-washy cross marketing drivel) then they are even more out of context than Aiden's Magic Phone. Because yes you can craft a remote IED that can be exploded by a smartphone app from components taken out of the glove box of any old car. What are the citizens of Chicago keeping in there!

Funnily enough, Broken Sword 4 of all games had some good hacking implementation.
And nothing much more, for that matter.

Huh? I don't think I own 4 yet. Truth be told I've only play the first and that was way back when on PS One!

Ohhhh nice find. Does anyone know if this is separate keys? I own 4 of them but the price for Crusader Kings II and EUIV is just ridiculously cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom