• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Jørdan;122172283 said:
ss_cb1fc0a9161b907484325e17545dc4bbe39cf12f.600x338.jpg

I don't know what is happening here, but I like it. I like the system requirements even more.

What game is that?

So just have fun and enjoy the off-topic stuff every now and then. If you don't like it, post something about Steam that you want to talk about and try to steer the thread in a direction you like, or just scroll past it all. No need to make other people feel bad for enjoying themselves.

It's better to reign in the issue now while we can, then let it continue spiraling downward.

We try to accommodate as many people as possible with this thread. A bit of OT is perfectly acceptable for these threads, but it has to be controlled. The Steam thread has always been self policed to a degree, but the mods can, and will, step in if it becomes out of,hand. Better to nip it in the bud before it comes to that point.

Last thing anyone wants is to alienate someone though. I am not the picture of perfection by any means either, I have my own OT vices from time to time.

Shadownet

Banned
I will speak for A Fish Aficionado and say "yes".

You should join us for game night sometimes. I never once see you there.
Please?

I would like to, though it seems I never actually have time to play when game night starts. I prefer TF2 over CS:Go in terms of shenanigan potential

What time zone do you live in? Phoenix is usually the one who start game night. Since he lives on the West Coast. its kinda late for some of us.

bluechox2

MY Giveaway, already have these

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-81F71A0F3283B39F - Taken by maneil99. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-5D560E88A4701035 - Taken by Gangxxter. 23 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-59C16D815A9B4988 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 7 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-3200863E4305CD69 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.

t1406065954z1.png

Vuze

Why do I even bother?

Yea, I stopped bothering with the key giveaways after the second time. I still have a gold one sitting here from a Raptr raffle, waiting for the Reward Program to update with games I'm actually interested in playing... I hope it doesn't expire, can't find info on that ><

Anyway, time for TWD S02x04. pls don't disappoint

Tripolygon

Banned
Repost Have at it
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Crew PC Beta -- MB-8C7A2B782594FCE8 - Taken by Crimsonclaw111. 8 entrants total.

t1406055935z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please?

If game nights are still a thing by the time I'm on fibre (hopefully by the end of the year/early next) then I may join in on the CS:GO fun. This probably sounds like a "I'm not interested but I'll just say I am" post, but rest assured I am; I just don't like to commit to things when I can't be certain.

If by 'you' you mean a Russian key-bot then yes. :O

Well, I did manage to get a key when it was available in NA ^^. The game selection was different of course.

You need to refresh at the right time (within seconds of them being posted probably). Then you get put in a queue and you hope you are lucky enough to get a key.

Benedict

Sorry for the used keys, hopefully this will have no used keys. More to come, enjoy!

Thanks for the chance but this was used :(

Humble Indie Bundle 6 #6 -- MB-5740E8A57547798B - Taken by Benedict

Are many of these used?
How do Modbot react to used keys?
Any way we can make Modbot aware of these?

Lomax

Totally bought the bundle for Mini Ninjas.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lomax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-A4C11CBA53966CC4 - Taken by Easton Dark
Anachronox -- MB-44062CFC667B7F09 - Taken by AHA-Lambda

Hugstable

Banned
Trails in the Sky.

Gimmie TiTS now! Only 6-7 days of waiting and I shall finally own one of my favorite PSP RPG on Steam, all ready to play again. I just want it to be a success on steam much like the yS games were so we can not only get SC on PSP, but hopefully also on Steam as well, lately I've gotten more into playing my games on Steam again rather than my Vita, even for indies >_>

SSPssp

Are many of these used?

Yeah, my HIB 6 was used too, but he's giving away so many keys that its really hard to keep track of them.

Also, no way for modbot to test keys. Anyhow, there are so many keys so these things happen.

Yea, I stopped bothering with the key giveaways after the second time. I still have a gold one sitting here from a Raptr raffle, waiting for the Reward Program to update with games I'm actually interested in playing... I hope it doesn't expire, can't find info on that ><

If you don't know the expiry date then I wouldn't bother sitting on it. It certainly won't be valid into next year and I doubt much will be added before then.

Edit: actually, if the new cards do come later this year there might be some new games to go with them, but you're pushing your luck.

Backlogger

some extras:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gun Monkeys -- MB-B889A2AE4F9F7A0B - Taken by Leg-End
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-A120C45D74DEA05F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Thief Gold -- MB-883EEA5F012BAB10 - Taken by kevin1025
Bioshock -- MB-0D6ADC4337BB95F1 - Taken by Pop
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (Desura) -- MB-BDF23F69086A8DF3 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-940CACAB93B03A73 - Taken by tioslash
BioShock 2: Minervas Den -- MB-B2299AE952274966 - Taken by Blak_Status

Yakkue

Are many of these used?

The HIB6 key I won was used as well. There really is no way for Modbot to check something like this, as the only way to see if a key is used or not is to activate it (to an account that doesn't have the game in question yet).

derExperte

If you don't know the expiry date then I wouldn't bother sitting on it. It certainly won't be valid into next year and I doubt much will be added before then.

They're adding games pretty regularly. Question is what of the upcoming ones is 'sponsored' by AMD. Evolve maybe? And somewhere on the Never Settle page it says that the keys don't expire (as long as the program runs).

Shadownet

Banned
If game nights are still a thing by the time I'm on fibre (hopefully by the end of the year/early next) then I may join in on the CS:GO fun. This probably sounds like a "I'm not interested but I'll just say I am" post, but rest assured I am; I just don't like to commit to things when I can't be certain.

I can understand that. I'm assuming fibre is like higher internet speed? are yours not too good right now?

You just join us when you can :) I know scheduling is hard, but yeah, whenever you can :)

Backlogger

Please?

What time zone do you live in? Phoenix is usually the one who start game night. Since he lives on the West Coast. its kinda late for some of us.

I am in Las Vegas, so probably same time zone, but my days and evenings are pretty hectic until around 9pm or so Pacific Time which is why I usually miss the game nights (so far). Just need to make more of an effort to carve out time one night for it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I figured it was, but I didn't think the preorder page would go live this soon!

After months of nothing, they are releasing the game next week? Didn't expect that.

It's a really pleasant surprise considering how quiet they've been, I figured that they would release it much later than next week.

Wow, so many great giveaways and I missed them because I searched the L4D2 workshop, too much. Ha.
Later, we plan on L4D2 with the custom campaign
I have Thief 1 Gold, but I'd like Thief 2 & Hitman Blodd Money to show up.
Humble Squenix bundle
TIER 1: 1$[...]
This bundle is again like the 2K bundle very good. I own some though sadly. I'll try some giveaways and decide whether to buy Tier 2. Hope the price stays steady.
Anachronox really is worth grabbing the first tier for.[...]
I had it wishlisted actually upon turfster I believe mentioned recently.

Shadownet

Banned
I am in Las Vegas, so probably same time zone, but my days and evenings are pretty hectic until around 9pm or so Pacific Time which is why I usually miss the game nights (so far). Just need to make more of an effort to carve out time one night for it.

well I hope you'll be able to join us tonight :) if we do decide to do TF2. maybe we'll play long enough that you can at least join us for a bit!

Milamber

I figured it was, but I didn't think the preorder page would go live this soon!

After months of nothing, they are releasing the game next week? Didn't expect that.

I prefer this. Don't tell the fans the actual release date until a week before. Perfect waiting period.

Grief.exe

Namco recently published a One Piece game that actually looks fairly interesting.

I know nothing,about the anime, but just watched SlasherJPC's review on YouTube and he described it as an interesting mashup between Kingdom Hearts and Minster Hunter.

A real shame it didn't make its way to PC concurrently with the console release. It does seem they are targeting the Japanese market with PS3, vita, 3ds, and WiiU.

It's a really pleasant surprise considering how quiet they've been, I figured that they would release it much later than next week.

Truly, no one saw that coming.

Kuroyume

Banned
Extra

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-17601476161795A8 - Taken by xeris. 3 entrants total.

t1406056952z1.png

bgsgskmkk22.gif

Sendou

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-0318B17D4BB1FA3F - Taken by cardinalmind
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-C58CAF7F32A45825 - Taken by WisK

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can understand that. I'm assuming fibre is like higher internet speed? are yours not too good right now?

You just join us when you can :) I know scheduling is hard, but yeah, whenever you can :)

On a good day I sync at ~7Mb/0.384Mb (the latter being artificially capped), however my ISP has a proclivity for underprovisioning bandwidth and so latency even to local servers tends to be woefully inconsistent. My previous ISP was fantastic, but I had to switch to my current ISP to re-download a ton of data (I previously had a monthly quota of just 200GB) and by the time I had it all back I'd simply grown too accustomed to not having a download limit, plus my previous ISP's plans had actually taken a turn for the worse.

Including mandatory line rental I currently pay about $93 per month; once fibre comes I'll be able to switch to a 100Mb/40Mb plan with a reputable ISP and pay $100 per month for a 1TB monthly quota, which is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom