• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private server? oh boy, I hope SpaceB0y know what to do. I have no idea what to do to set up a private server.

--------

Hey Phoenix. do you think we should do TF2 tonight? (though maybe not at like 8pm your time? :p so some of us can participate?)

You can set it up if you want. I'll give you event making privileges in the games night group.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Extra

bgsgskmkk22.gif

This is a good game.
tumblr_m1tmggE4A91qd8t4mo1_500.gif

oupi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (oupi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-FC113C0D9A4D4930 - Taken by Rudakus. 4 entrants total.

t1406056893z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
On a good day I sync at ~7Mb/0.384Mb (the latter being artificially capped), however my ISP has a proclivity for underprovisioning bandwidth and so latency even to local servers tends to be woefully inconsistent. My previous ISP was fantastic, but I had to switch to my current ISP to re-download a ton of data (I previously had a monthly quota of just 200GB) and by the time I had it all back I'd simply grown too accustomed to not having a download limit, plus my previous ISP's plans had actually taken a turn for the worse.

Including mandatory line rental I currently pay about $93 per month; once fibre comes I'll be able to switch to a 100Mb/40Mb plan with a reputable ISP and pay $100 per month for a 1TB monthly quota, which is more than enough.

Whats the ETA on your local fiber installation? I remember you talking about the deployment hold up months ago.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
*Nervously shifting his eyes back and forth.

We all know you're saving yourself for your Irish queen.

I figured it'd be a better idea to get some experience beforehand so I can make a good first impression. :p

Nete

Reposting for last chance after the Humble invasion :p

aliensCOCKIT.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Halfway -- MB-FFB8AF5FF8CA1A43 - Taken by Copons. 56 entrants total.

t1406057432z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
On a good day I sync at ~7Mb/0.384Mb (the latter being artificially capped), however my ISP has a proclivity for underprovisioning bandwidth and so latency even to local servers tends to be woefully inconsistent. My previous ISP was fantastic, but I had to switch to my current ISP to re-download a ton of data (I previously had a monthly quota of just 200GB) and by the time I had it all back I'd simply grown too accustomed to not having a download limit, plus my previous ISP's plans had actually taken a turn for the worse.

Including mandatory line rental I currently pay about $93 per month; once fibre comes I'll be able to switch to a 100Mb/40Mb plan with a reputable ISP and pay $100 per month for a 1TB monthly quota, which is more than enough.

Yike.. thats terrible. and I thought internet in some places in the US was bad. :( you paid almost $100 a month for that. it's terrible.

I pay $36 a month and mine is usually capped at 700-900kps. So I usually do alright when it come to online game.

Vazduh

A few games from the SE bundle :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Thief Gold -- MB-EF99A117C9A80197 - Taken by Anustart
Daikatana -- MB-71063DE0C55E940C - Taken by NaM
Mini Ninjas -- MB-15773774C30EBB8F - Taken by Divius
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-23B298912826810A - Taken by VikasNarula
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-459C40B86EA8C5A9 - Taken by adriano999

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Soul Gambler Desura Key -- MB-2A8BE71311045059 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

t1406060731z1.png

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Freedom Planet -- MB-F7DE67BAD9104151 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 42 entrants total.

t1406060491z1.png

Parsnip

Well, I could not wait for all 3 parts to come out, had to launch Dark Souls 2 and get moving. At least it's easier to access than Artorias.

They're adding games pretty regularly. Question is what of the upcoming ones is 'sponsored' by AMD. Evolve maybe? And somewhere on the Never Settle page it says that the keys don't expire (as long as the program runs).

They certainly used to expire but if it says they don't on the site then I guess they must have changed it.

yGray

Banned
enjoy
ModBot said:
Instructions for yGray:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yGray, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Destiny PS3 beta- -- MB-8ED1B7C7C64043F8 - Taken by Halo 2

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Destiny PS3 beta- was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone else got the problem with steam client when u go to a game store page it says u need to install flash player. 3 computers in my house all with this problem and all have flash player, and its only started the last week

Perun

got some extras
ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-568CFCB486176D58 - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-7D33A54C0887BE39 - Taken by cardinalmind

t1406057733z1.png

Yeah that would be good :) though I need to contact Speedb0y because he got a private TF2 server??

TF2 has a party system similar to CS:GO so you can do that way. If you want to use his server, you'll need his server's IP, the password (if he has one) and then you'll have to share both. Use email tag on gaf to share them and Steam group event's have IP and password fields. I think only those in the group can see them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Whats the ETA on your local fiber installation? I remember you talking about the deployment hold up months ago.

Hard to say as the Ready for Service list isn't updated until an area moves from Build Preparation to Build Commenced, but judging from nearby areas that already have fibre it shouldn't be more than ~six months, although I was told that the pits here are in surprisingly good condition and so the remediation/fix-up phase should be far shorter than it usually is, so I'm hoping I'll at least be in the position to order a service by no later than Christmas.

This has been a long time coming, as you say. My area was first considered as under construction way back in September 2012, but literally no work was ever done here (the prime contractor of the time would accept more work to receive more money, but never actually make an effort to bolster its workforce, so many suburbs suffered a similar fate to mine) and once the previous government was booted out of office last September, there was a definition change from "Construction Commenced to "Build Commenced" ("Build Preparation" was added later), resulting in hundreds of areas (like mine) dropping from the rollout map. Construction Commenced was a deceptively broad, one-size-fits-all definition that ranged from mere council approval to the actual connecting of houses to the network, so I'm glad there's more granularity now.

It's incredibly annoying that it took about 19 months for any actual work to start here, but better late than never!

aku:jiki

Just played two hours of Betrayer and I both like and don't like it. It's beautiful in color (still cool in black and white but it was just too hard to see stuff) and the combat is tense, since if you die everything you've previously killed respawns and that makes exploring a pain. Exploration was fun in the first area, but the second area is twice as large and the forest is a little too detailed for you to be able to find anything without the audio cues, so you just end up running around in the forest until you hear the noise you need. Same goes for when you're exploring the "darkness"; you just mash X and follow the audio to find the ghosts you need to speak to.

I was not aware that it's both kind of a horror game, since it's pretty creepy, and a detective game. For some reason, my shipwrecked hero is running around gathering clues and helping ghosts remember their fates so they can finally rest. Okay, I don't know why but I can dig it. Seems to be very short, since achievement popups claim I have 15/20 collectables and such already.

@ all on the fence for halfway:
The game is 9 bucks only on humblebundle for whatever reason. Perhaps this is helping you decide :)
This $9 = €9 bullshit though :(

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I never finished Mini Ninjas. I was playing through it on my Wii and got bored I think. :(

That was like when I was still in high school though, so maybe I might like it if I try it again.

derExperte

They certainly used to expire but if it says they don't on the site then I guess they must have changed it.

I found this: http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloadedforever.aspx

Redeem your code now for the games you see, or hold on to your AMD Radeon™ Reward coupon for upcoming games.

But http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/Never_Settle_Forever_terms_and_conditions_July_2013.pdf

Campaign Period: Campaign Period begins April 21, 2014 and ends on August 31, 2014 or when supply of Key Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Eligible AMD Product must be purchased during Campaign Period. The AMD Unique ID must be redeemed during the Campaign Period to obtain Application downloads after which the AMD Unique ID is void

So you're right, they expire despite not directly saying so on the main site. Or they'll extend the program but need a timeframe for legal reasons.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Scribblenauts Unmasked is so good. I recommend getting it right now in the GMG sale. Only a bit in and there's already
a Super Mario reference

Also, you can spawn
a NeoGAF logo.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-0B5061D293D8D884 - Taken by lj167. 4 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-EF7FA8C374F00EC7 - Taken by Saty. 12 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-1B714E48DA282958 - Taken by johnssy123. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-6BFB2D166D325199 - Taken by PriitV. 4 entrants total.

t1406058333z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom