• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

Since there was talk about Win 8 tablets a few hours ago I thought that I'd mention my experience with Deus Ex The Fall on my z3775 Bay Trail T100. At 1366x768 it ran perfectly with AA off and vsync on. With vsync off it didn't drop below 70 fps that I noticed while testing and often went into triple digits. Turning on AA put it in the 40-50 range. If touch control is an option that came over from iOS/Android I didn't see it, but I wouldn't want to do that anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This is so stupid. People really are judging the entire game by a looping gif that enhances the effect?

I played the game. It's not great and doesn't live up to DX HR, but summing it up with a gif of the shooting, which doesn't give you that seizure effect when you're playing, is moronic at best. You can even get rid of the recoil. People need to grow up and stop gleefully finding stuff to hate all the time.
It's a good way to reveal who jumps on hate trains just to jump on hate trains rather than sticking to sharing impressions about games they have actually played.

MadGear

Oh boy, Daikatana. I got that game day one back then because even after all those delays i was still so hyped about it ... never finished it :D
Don't know if i should get that bundle. Have already played most of these games with the exception of the Hitman games, The Fall, Nosgoth and Battlestations but now that people mention sleeping dogs this might actually be useful to finally get my hands on the uncut version of that game.

Turfster

wait is the game really not like that? Have I been misled like how I was thinking that Hitman Absoulution wasn't even a good game?!?

Hitman Asspollution isn't a good game, and The Fall is a million times worse.
Not because of the recoil thing, but because it's just a bad game.

Hugstable

Banned
The Fall's recoil gifs come from Totalbiscuit's impressions video of it. No idea if it's actually like that. Apparently it was a glitch/bug.

Yeah Ventara posted that youtube video just now of what it's really like. Now I wonder what other games I've been misled about because of .gifs -_-. Does anyone know if the gameplay and level design is atleast decent? Level Design is what always made a Deus Ex game a Deus Ex game to me.

AHA-Lambda

For what it is worth I don't think The Fall is that bad if you can get past the awful tutorial and the fact this was clearly designed as a mobile title. It played a lot like a miniature Deus Ex experience.

Sue me but I enjoyed it.

Anyway, on another note, does Anachronox hold up these days?

Yeah Ventara posted that youtube video just now of what it's really like. Now I wonder what other games I've been misled about because of .gifs -_-. Does anyone know if the gameplay and level design is atleast decent? Level Design is what always made a Deus Ex game a Deus Ex game to me.

Just watch this to see how bad it is. Basically, don't even bother. It's not worth the time let alone the money. Skip to 6:30 if you want to see the gameplay.

Turfster

The level design was made to facilitate touch tablet controls.
It's incredibly bland and basic.

Anyway, on another note, does Anachronox hold up these days?

Anachronox is still fantastic.
It has a few weird glitches under windows 7, but nothing really game-breaking.

I had forgotten that I already had this from when Amazon gave it away for free.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thief Gold -- MB-320BDCEE1C8FEA20 Congrats Shadownet!
EDIT: I used the wrong name, so it was the wrong image. It's Thief: The Dark Project/Thief Gold, the original, not the new one. Looks like I also interrupted ModBot's update with these edits, so I'll add the name when I get the receipt e-mail.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deponia -- MB-30A143451F6B9B39 - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.

t1406055812z1.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
Won a humble bundle from a rad gaffer and I already had these 2. Someone probably wants them!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fracas, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dear Esther -- MB-594C5A78E8A1157F - Taken by Gangxxter
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-C724E4A906A0B193 - Taken by Berlok

Sky Chief

Some awesome games here:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sky Chief, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-F13A0125F597D1E1 - Taken by Kirosia. 17 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-25796DE1A8C02268 - Taken by Casimir. 18 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-AF662F53A27F0E72 - Taken by Dragon1893. 6 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-960F8EBF5A9A5DD3 - Taken by JustLynx. 4 entrants total.

t1406055816z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for corrosivefrost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-CD89308414B4AF90 - Taken by Kifimbo. 20 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-7AB091A2C3A13830 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-C6E9935D6914B0BB - Taken by VikasNarula. 3 entrants total.
Daikatana -- MB-B1D9D49D24E49D18 - Taken by Vastag. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-6EC13E2944CF8B1D - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-2022619EA1159C29 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-89780A384B49EB6D - Taken by GaussTek. 9 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-B3971167D57DCAF0 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-EFEE4E2119C51E28 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 7 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-D7A71F3F03F9672C - Taken by lindarasta

t1406055814z1.png

Another day, another frost giveaway?

So they just had the never settle forever keys for free for EU people?
So you could basically get Sniper Elite 3 and Murdered:SS for free?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-F097F12F3982BAC4 - Taken by Accent. 2 entrants total.

t1406055874z1.png

Backlogger

Just a suggestion, but would anyone like to do Team Fortress 2 for game night instead of Counter Strike Global Offensive for once?

I would like to, thought it seems I never actually have time to play when game night starts. I prefer TF2 over CS:Go in terms of shenanigan potential

Tripolygon

Banned
Have at it
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Crew PC Beta -- MB-8C7A2B782594FCE8 - Taken by Crimsonclaw111. 8 entrants total.

t1406055935z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom