• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

The Fall's recoil effect.

I think that the gifs speak for themselves.

This is so stupid. People really are judging the entire game by a looping gif that enhances the effect?

I played the game. It's not great and doesn't live up to DX HR, but summing it up with a gif of the shooting, which doesn't give you that seizure effect when you're playing, is moronic at best. You can even get rid of the recoil. People need to grow up and stop gleefully finding stuff to hate all the time.

Nzyme32

Is Invisible War bad? It's the only game in the series that I've never played. It has an 80 meta critic score so it's weird to see everyone bad mouthing it

It's pretty horrendous. So much so, that as massive fan of the original and most recent games, I have attempted to play the game well into double digits since it's release waaaaay back when, and I still haven't managed to get more than half way through the thing. The story for all I know may well be ok, but the engine is abysmal. I believe it is the same as Thief Deadly Shadows (the third one). Unfortunately DX2 was made with the original xbox in mind, and cuts every single corner imaginable

the only game in that bundle that interests me is Absolution, and I already have that on PS+. I would just want it because those screenshots from the pc version when it came out were ridiculous.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
ModBot said:
Instructions for Daedalos42:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Daedalos42, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-B8A0FE53933EFA1E - Taken by electroflame. 4 entrants total.

t1406054612z1.png
Didn't really want the first game, so here you go if anyone else does.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Please people, I beg of you. Stop posting and quoting that Deus Ex The Fall "long neck recoil" gif. It's quite nauseating.

Also buy Anachronox off that Humble Bundle if you like sci-fi, funny writing, or Adventure games, it deserves love.

Daikatana? Is that the awful john Romero game?

Aye. One which is to only ever be played to discover if it is indeed that terrible, if you enjoy such things.

Shame we can't get Daikatana for GBA on Steam, now that was a good game that happily sits next to my Legend of Zelda games with respect.

The Dark Souls 2 DLC is great so far.
Doing new souls content for the first time is just the best thing ever.

I should have gotten Dark Souls 2 during the summer sale when it was 33% off..

I loved the first one.. Maybe DS2 will go on sale with the DLC this winter..

GaussTek

More like "Eidos" bundle.

(Soild bundle, but the FF games are missing) :(

Edit. And whaaaat, Trails in the Sky already releasing next week?! O M G!

SSPssp

Hey, here's a couple extras from the Humble Bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Absolution -- MB-1CFF1DDEFAA6E3F8 - Taken by Ventara. 20 entrants total.
Deus Ex Invisible War -- MB-4DCD65200F8D5236 - Taken by Berlok. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hitman Absolution was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deus Ex Invisible War was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406054672z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This is so stupid. People really are judging the entire game by a looping gif that enhances the effect?

I played the game. It's not great and doesn't live up to DX HR, but summing it up with a gif of the shooting, which doesn't give you that seizure effect when you're playing, is moronic at best. You can even get rid of the recoil. People need to grow up and stop gleefully finding stuff to hate all the time.

Sorry for being a moron.

And thank you for being so condescending when you could have just said I was wrong, really appreciate it.

Thanks for ignoring this post too.

Seriously, thanks a lot for making me feel like shit, pal.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Every time Sniper Elite V2 is brought up in the thread, someone invariably posts the gif exclusively showing the testicle shot instead of one that shows the range of modeling the game actually incorporates for body damage.

some more games i dont need :)
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Element4l -- MB-DC734C85467F4085 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 6 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-F1C9A18EB61B5FB8
Reus -- MB-E64013E0A16F3E2C - Taken by Hugstable. 10 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-44DCC82F6381BB5F - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 6 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thomas Was Alone was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406054853z1.png

DarkMehm

No need for these:

ModBot said:
Instructions for DarkMehm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DarkMehm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-C51523A00C8C8907 - Taken by redlacs
Daikatana -- MB-28490F5A77C59F47 - Taken by cyrok. 5 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-2A90892D411A8F86 - Taken by Milamber. 6 entrants total.

t1406064873z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well-deserved punishment for not doing a Ghost/Pacifist run.

I haven't played it, so I have no idea if the game can be completed in a stealth + takedown fashion.
I never fired a gun in the iPad version of the game but using guns in deus ex games feels wrong.

The Fall's recoil gifs come from Totalbiscuit's impressions video of it. No idea if it's actually like that. Apparently it was a glitch/bug.

me0wish

Sorry for the used keys, hopefully this will have no used keys. More to come, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for me0wish:

I am giving away 58 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (me0wish, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Don't Starve -- MB-11C5E4355DF9865E - Taken by pupo
Humble Indie Bundle 9 -- MB-0F007E0943A834D9 - Taken by Perun
Humble Indie Bundle 8 -- MB-142B3EB941CE9015 - Taken by Fracas
xheRJRF.gif
Gish #2 -- MB-1E7C95A5125CB736 - Taken by aku:jiki
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-407EB775DC3819C8 - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper
t1cxE6r.gif
Humble Indie Bundle 6 #5 -- MB-C65F200DC4CFBB22 - Taken by Jmanunknown
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android 2 #3 -- MB-896761EB964571FA - Taken by Tesseract
Humble Indie Bundle 6 #3 -- MB-51CD98EBB1BB342D - Taken by crazyrabbits
Humble Indie Bundle 6 #2 -- MB-F1D2960721E49A85 - Taken by SSPssp
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android 2 #4 -- MB-88A176EFE949ED90 - Taken by WisK
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android 2 #5 -- MB-27A33A9C0497E26A - Taken by Cozmogramma
Humble Indie Bundle 6 #4 -- MB-66F163B0554A602C - Taken by Yakkue
Galcon Fusion -- MB-0A200289CF68A59D
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android 2 #2 -- MB-75DB83E055298BAA
Frozen Synapse -- MB-2E959E64E799D235 - Taken by Chocobro
Humble Weekly Sale: Paradox Interactive -- MB-184DD7F46F2FD587 - Taken by Scipius
Binding of Isaac #2 -- MB-19170A1C333F198D - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff
Solar 2 -- MB-086DF39323C99765
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-DDB0423C5B6C186A - Taken by Man Puncher
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-AC93E8076D54E1B3 - Taken by bluechox2
Swords & Soldiers -- MB-094EEC062DD6569C - Taken by AcademicSaucer
Red Orchestra -- MB-D23E45B419DFB03E - Taken by abracadaver
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-68855A58C9CEE991 - Taken by Milamber
Gemini Rue -- MB-34C55F561EC1CC1D
Humble Weekly Sale: Paradox Interactive #2 -- MB-D877C9FDCF95BD79 - Taken by darkchewie
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle with Android 5 #2 -- MB-9D01FC23D02C43F6 - Taken by topyy
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle with Android 6 #2 -- MB-248B97296F5C4FBC - Taken by CrunchyFrog
LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts #2 -- MB-1534266B9A67A92E - Taken by WinterDemons
xheRJRF.gif
Gish -- MB-A7ED3CB875E6A478
Red Orchestra 2 -- MB-A7F7E232F7825401
Toki Tori -- MB-EF75B802AFC8388E - Taken by creamsugar
Humble Indie Bundle 6 -- MB-A0815352A79C8ED6 - Taken by Driw3r

Little Inferno -- MB-9A1189C12A5F0DFF
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-2B053E0CE538C930 - Taken by KevMan1815
Bad Hotel -- MB-AE680E162D5928FE - Taken by Purkake4
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android 2 -- MB-BDEE2C86EEA75A0A
Binding of Isaac -- MB-228B404E73253EA5 - Taken by KevinRo
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid #2 -- MB-D36D6ABDCAE07ABB - Taken by Kiru
Humble Indie Bundle 8 #2 -- MB-8FD6C4CAC124B855 - Taken by bloke
Eets Munchies -- MB-3B223017D22EFDF2
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle for Android -- MB-5F15B11230387071
Beware Planet Earth -- MB-ED5F4D8D7A11CBF0 - Taken by bornlivedie
Humble Indie Bundle 6 #6 -- MB-5740E8A57547798B - Taken by Benedict
Humble Introversion Bundle -- MB-CE43BAFCE8DC7B9A - Taken by S1n1st3r
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-D4423D8591DF9FCD - Taken by Kaisersalsek

5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle with Android 5 -- MB-E1DEBACD67BDF9AC
5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle with Android 6 -- MB-9094A77DB8CE87D6 - Taken by almostheathen
Hero Academy -- MB-D84CA7C4F1B5EC28 - Taken by weemadarthur

LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts -- MB-4706640EDFBE4A95 - Taken by kadab
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-2EBA415D3393669F - Taken by daisysmurf
Be mine groupees -- MB-90BC8D0B3A6775FD - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Killing Floor Bundle -- MB-FE90075324987F94 - Taken by UncleBiz
Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-349AF1D64DC6DE03 - Taken by Divius
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid -- MB-C7404AD83FCF4E47 - Taken by Vazduh
World Of Goo -- MB-22BE11987D54F59C - Taken by SaveFerris
t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake Collector's Edition -- MB-DC0B96D9FA0FC865 - Taken by tioslash
vRvbDCu.png
Humble Origin Bundle -- MB-487F43A68B8F272D - Taken by DarkMehm
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-C730973331312AF2

Uzzy

The Dark Souls 2 DLC is great so far.
Doing new souls content for the first time is just the best thing ever.

Damn right. Nothing else has that sense of exploration, with actual dangers behind every turn. Loving the area it's in too.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Thief Gold -- MB-97C9419921C06EEA - Taken by FauX

Scythian

The Fall's recoil gifs come from Totalbiscuit's impressions video of it. No idea if it's actually like that. Apparently it was a glitch/bug.

if it's that glitchy from day 1 it's pretty damn bad to release your game in that state.
Recoil aside, it still looks like a subpar game and port.

user237

Humble Bundle is really pissing me off with all these verify-your-account antics. It's like I'm a second class citizen for having more than one browser on my system.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is K&L2 any good?

Amazing aesthetic and presentation, but the mechanics are worse than the first game and the single player it is quite short. The multiplayer is actually a unique experience that is let down by the fact that the enemy AI spawn positions are static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom