• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Finally got around to trying out the Freedom Planet demo. When the title screen came up and I heard the music, I thought to myself "I hope this makes the old-school arcadey sound effect I'm expecting when I hit the start button."

It did.

About half an hour later, my Mega Drive soul is burning right now. This just skyrocketed to the second-place spot on my wishlist.

Is there a Regina mod for l4d2 by chance?
Seems every other character imaginable has a skin in that game.

Nope, doesn't seem so. Probably because she never appeared in a PS3/360 gen game. They would have to do her model from scratch.

There are plenty of Resident Evil mods though.

uMZgnbD.jpg

Ventara

Nay, it is not a bad game at all. Magical Drop as a whole is one of the puzzle franchises still going out of the arcade days and this one is perfectly competent for just the basic competition against the A.I. or local/online opponents. Now for someone like me whose last version of Magical Drop was the Neo Geo Pocket Color version it's a better looking version of what I already enjoyed and love, and I'm sure it would be just fine for someone new to the series if this was the only way to get into it, but it is rather disappointing there is more to it considering other versions on other devices and platforms offer more.

For example there is only a basic How To guide that explains only the basics rather than a good tutorial or a puzzle mode for one to solve and figure out how to set things up through examples. I love that in puzzle games and it simply not here for no good reason at all, especially since it was on the Playstation and Arcade titles in Magical Drop 3. Why one could pick it up right now on Virtual Console for Wii and that may be a better option.

Of course it is still Magical Drop. Meaning it can be a hectic and immersive puzzle game one gets into trying to set everything up perfectly as they grab two or more coloured bubbles and throwing them up at at the same colour to burst them, causing others bubbles to fall and start a chain reaction. When done right, when done quickly, it's still very satisfying in competition and for the cheap price I can't say no if you really want it on Steam (as I did).

I'm going to go back to playing it now.

Thanks for posting that. It seems Modbot still hasn't decided who's getting it. Or does it just not update the post for Garbage Dump giveaways?

RS4-

Played a few hours of Halfway at a buddies place and...while it's not bad, I can't help but notice that I've only seen two types of enemies.

Turrets and crazy people. Two colors of the former and two, maybe three of the latter.

And I'll assume I'm maybe halfway through the game; as I just picked up my 6th character.

Overall, game is pretty meh for me. Nice art and music though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Played a few hours of Halfway at a buddies place and...while it's not bad, I can't help but notice that I've only seen two types of enemies.

Turrets and crazy people. Two colors of the former and two, maybe three of the latter.

And I'll assume I'm maybe halfway through the game; as I just picked up my 6th character.

thats a shame, I was already getting tired of the zombie dudes 1 hour into the game, was hoping for more variety.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Actually I have discovered one reason to consider Magical Drop V on Steam as garbage.

Numerous modes were promised to arrive, but well.

Golgoth Studio said:
thanks all for your patience, such as some of you here have notified, we've announced recently (even if it seem some are still not aware), that the publisher of Magical Drop V, UTV Ignition is not interested to let us release the last Patch N°6. Due a recent agreement we'll be able to do it in some month. We are apologize for the delay, as we concerned about deliver this latch patch to conclude greatly the release of this new chapter. So thanks again for your patience, soon you will be rewarded
That was a year ago, nothing sense.

So things such as new characters, new patterns (for strategy), a Marathon mode, tutorial, and so forth will never be coming. On top of this, the game has achievements tied to modes that will never arrive, so for those that care about competition records, it will never be one can complete.

Also I will say if you plan to get this game, make sure your friends have it or you can play Local Co-Op (very easy to do) as online is absolutely dead. Right now as it stands there are six players online, and that's a high for the last two months.

Again I am enjoying it and I really wanted it on Steam, but if you want a better Magical Drop, get Magical Drop 3 on Wii Virtual Console or what have you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
this topic moves so fast

It's been a while since I've seen this one.

The desktop belong to Milambert, it's how he got his tag.

Why am I Milambert?

:p

Just posting to get us off that last page.

I'm basically Steam thread Jesus.

Why else would we give you codes if you weren't? :p

I hope it gets better :/

I'm really hyped for this game, I want it to be great.

By the way, has anyone actually played Unrest yet and have somewhat detailed impressions?

Hugstable

Banned
Nope, doesn't seem so. Probably because she never appeared in a PS3/360 gen game. They would have to do her model from scratch.

There are plenty of Resident Evil mods though.

uMZgnbD.jpg

Seeing that Jack Frost makes me wish there was a mod with the Jack Frost demon family as the 4 survivors in L4D2. You can have Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, and Black Frost!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also, if Shadownet and JaseC got extra copies of Secret Ponchos, where is mine?

I didn't get one. The spare copy was added to the single copy sub but not the four-pack sub or the gift sub it grants. I think this is a mistake, though, considering the announcement:

As a thank you for supporting us at our Phase 1 (infancy) stage of Early Access, members of our community will receive a Free Gift Key, that they can gift to a friend. You should see it in your steam gift box, you do not need to sign up for anything, or register or anything - it will just be there.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Chocobro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chocobro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Just Cause -- MB-E8AD8576164E3AD1 - Taken by abracadaver. 7 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-51D86964E8DBDC81 - Taken by Yrael. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition -- MB-3E9E043F6A0EB150 - Taken by Shalashaska. 9 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-B8DAE8759D286C88 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 5 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-2EE673D242C16E0E - Taken by Joken. 5 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-963D59C02849B95E - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 5 entrants total.
Supreme Commander 2 -- MB-FBACFE7F794108E6 - Taken by soapypanda. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-F591DE611317F2F8 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-0D1492059D0FB0DB - Taken by arts&crafts. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-CE69BE52B9841E69 - Taken by Berto. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-BFED7E149321D693
Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit -- MB-1AB8E6129356EF4F

t1406180616z1.png

Relax.MX

After hours, angers, frustrations and rayadas de madre I finally run Deadly Premonition on PC, and its worth it, has an amazing personality, the story is involving, the characters are incredible, especially the protagonist is becoming one of my favorite characters. The music is complemented by an excellent way.

It has many flaws, the gamplay leaves much to be desired, graphic and horrendous port for PC, but worth it.

PD: That quality of this thread in a couple of the last pages...oh man...shame of you guys. Steam Gaf is more than this

bronson

A little over a week ago my GPU finally gave out. A handmedown GTX 480. Loud, power-hungry, but still surprisingly powerful. More than enough to play today's games.

Problem is, I'm not in a position to replace the card at this point. It's just not in the budget, not even close -- to the point where I don't know when I'll be able to play games again. 2015?

Then my crew stepped up, chipped in and PayPal'd me money out of the blue to get a decent card on NewEgg. An insanely generous gesture from friends I've been gaming with for years. I can't believe I'll get to play Ultra SF4 in a couple weeks, and Shadow of Mordor after that.

I'm on a little high right now because of them. Just thought I'd sharebrag.

Seeing that Jack Frost makes me wish there was a mod with the Jack Frost demon family as the 4 survivors in L4D2. You can have Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, and Black Frost!

To be honest I don't want to see Jack Frost with firearms, lol

Also, they'd probably make them ugly and slender to match the proportions of the L4D characters. So, nope.jpg

Now, Ellis with a Jack Frost t-shirt or Zoey with a Pyro Jack jacket? Yes please.

How do you choose which skins are active?
You can enable or disable them from the addons menu.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Widdly Scuds, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure -- MB-E1AA9EEEA01844D9 - Taken by wilflare. 36 entrants total.

t1406181447z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks Nito for teaching this noob how to use Photoshop :D now I got a shiny new Pokemon!

:D I shall repay your generosity!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks Nito for teaching this noob how to use Photoshop :D now I got a shiny new Pokemon!

:D I shall repay your generosity!

No need to repay sir. Make sure to ask anything else you need to know and I shall help. I might link you some nice tutorials later if you get interested into learning more of the program.

Benedict

Just woke up and saw I won Warlock 2: The Exiled: Great Mage Edition from FiveElementNinja!
Such a wonderful way to start the day with. :)
I was really tired and slow when I woke up, but this, this is better than coffee!

edit:
And then that sinking feeling that the code already has been used.... :(
NOT a great way to start the morning. nneed coffee...
sob.

Quick repost of untaken keys before bed.

Mr Bree Plus -- MB-0000AB8171DDBF5B - Taken by nightstorm. 5 entrants total.
Savant Ascent -- MB-0D3B850B6169434B
Jack Lumber -- MB-3B28E37C52E991B7 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just finished The Walking Dead: Season 2, Episode 4. Really good stuff (as always) but this is the first episode I've played since playing through The Wolf Among Us.

I really love TWD's moral dilemmas a choices, but I have to say I loved TWAU's story and setting much much more. In fact, I've started reading the Fables comics / graphic novels because I'm hungry for more.

Either way, I can't wait to see how this season of Walking Dead ends.

Ventara

Just woke up and saw I won Warlock 2: The Exiled: Great Mage Edition from FiveElementNinja!
Such a wonderful way to start the day with. :)
I was really tired and slow when I woke up, but this, this is better than coffee!

edit:
And then that sinking feeling that the code already has been used.... :(
NOT a great way to start the morning. nneed coffee...
sob.

That sucks. If it's any consolation, the game sucks.
I actually don't know.

Nice fuckin spoilers in that Walking Dead season 2 image on the steam store.

Well, thanks for the heads up. Would've hated that. I really need to get on and start this game. I'm gonna be spoiled one of these days if I don't.

Shadownet

Banned
for those of you who have played TWD Season 2 and TWAU. Is the TWD 2 worth picking up? I was more impressed with TWAU than TWD Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom