• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have at it everyone!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xenoflux2113, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Realms of the Haunting -- MB-578C55AF102EFDCA - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.

t1406182773z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Every time I see this, I think of the song.

Edit: I wish I could figure out what the issue with my KB input was all of a sudden... It's delayed. Like if I type out fast I can see it getting input about a second or so later. I thought it was my wireless KB battery dying, but it's still happening on a fresh pair.

I think your brain is delayed

Dunno but between Transistor, Fallout and Wasteland 2 aren't you kinda drowning in games right now?

sidebar-gif-loki-like-burn-ooh.gif

damn son!

Shadownet

Banned
So does Shadownets giveaway just have the Payitforward rule? Or is there a Megagivers one as well?

Only the payitforward rule. the megagivers one was the 1st one I did when I tried combining megagivers with payitforward and weirdly only megagivers registered.

I thought it was a glitch so I did the 2nd one with only payitforward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There have been plenty of other "multiplayer only" free weekends though. Many of which upset me because I didn't know that beforehand, took the time to download the huge game, then get to the main menu and "single player" is grayed out.

Yeah, I was about to edit in that it's possible to do by splitting the data across different depots and only providing the MP content with the auto-grand sub. Can't say I remember what the last non-CoD, MP-only Free Weekend was, though.

Edit: Ignoring MP-exclusive titles, that is.

Toki767

I just finished the story mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us. I gotta say, the story was pretty enjoyable. Actually more enjoyable than MK9's story mode, maybe cause DC characters are just way more interesting. The combat was kind of hit or miss though. It felt like Mortal Kombat, but it didn't really feel like it at the same time. It's not the deepest fighter or anything but it is just fun for the most part.

maneil99

I just finished the story mode of Injustice: Gods Among Us. I gotta say, the story was pretty enjoyable. Actually more enjoyable than MK9's story mode, maybe cause DC characters are just way more interesting. The combat was kind of hit or miss though. It felt like Mortal Kombat, but it didn't really feel like it at the same time. It's not the deepest fighter or anything but it is just fun for the most part.

Just picked it up for 8$ on PSN for PS4, gonan give it a shot this weekend!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, I was about to edit in that it's possible to do by splitting the data across different depots and only providing the MP content with the auto-grand sub. Can't say I remember what the last non-CoD, MP-only Free Weekend was, though.

In my own personal recollection, it's happened about 8-10 times in the past year. For example with Deadfall, it was supposed to be a free "multiplayer only" weekend. But when people got upset about the wording, they threw in the first two single player levels later on to make people not be upset about it. There have also been free multiplayer only weekends for Natural Selection II (maybe a bad example since it's not got a single player campaign), Worms Revolution, Skullgirls, and a few others which were locked down so you couldn't get at the single player game.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
$30 worth of Bad Rats? No bonus for that.
Ha ha, Latin pun

Nah, man. I already know that, this is a bigger delay than that even. I restarted and so far it isn't there anymore, but it's a weird thing to have happen regardless.

Windows user? You might have accidentally press some random buttons together on your keyboard and done a short cut to tell Windows to slow down the character repeat rate. If it happens again, check in the Control Panel and Ease of Access for the character repeat rate to see if has been lowered.

Steam Music is interesting enough.
But it won't be implemented on a level akin to consoles will it? As in if you were using a Custom Soundtrack would it automatically "disable" at a cutscene?

There was a Steamworks SDK update changelog posted on facepunch a while ago

- Introducing API to control the Steam Music Player from external software. As an example this gives games the opportunity to pause the music or lower the volume, when an important cut scene is shown, and start playing afterwards.

Toki767

Just picked it up for 8$ on PSN for PS4, gonan give it a shot this weekend!

I was debating on picking it up on PSN, but I already owned it on Steam and never touched it so I feel like this was a good time to play through it. Most all the heroes pretty much had their moment to shine
(except Hawkgirl, Raven, and Shazam)
so it was pretty cool.

This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

Everytime I see this game, this pops into my head:

It's close enough...

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating

you were doomed from the start

Sheeeeeeeeiiiit.
Contrary to popular opinion, we who are made of ice do have feelings, y'know...

Windows user? You might have accidentally press some random buttons together on your keyboard and done a short cut to tell Windows to slow down the character repeat rate. If it happens again, check in the Control Panel and Ease of Access for the character repeat rate to see if has been lowered.
That's what I figured too, since I've had that come up before. But no, that wasn't it. I'll worry and maybe try with my beater wired keyboard if it happens again.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The thread has slowed down a bit. So maybe it is time for a giveaway. If you were interested in a Sniper focused game but don't necessarily want a simulation, this title might perk your interest.

Note: Steam does not offer a way to check codes. So if it is already used, I apologize.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Casimir, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-6D4E36761176F8D2 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.

t1406183791z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have a sudden urge to play the Ghosts campaign. And before you get your pitchforks out, I like the COD campaigns, quite a bit actually (except the Blops 2 one, I hated the RTS levels and only found out later they were skipable) so your opinions on how bad COD is are completely meaningless to me :p

that being said, for the few of you that do like those campaigns, how does Ghosts compare to the MW trilogy and the 2 blops?

The Wolf Among Us is probably my favorite Telltale game to date, followed by The Walking Dead Season 1. Season 2 of The Walking Dead has been pretty good so far, but I think that
without Lee
the plot kinda falls apart a little bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game and I love all of the ethical and moral choices and living with their consequences. But it's not as good as Season 1, and not nearly as good as TWAU.

You should really give Fables a shot if you liked wolf that much. It starts out slow but once you reach the story arc with the farm it gets really good.

The only downside is Bigby kind of looks like bone claws Wolverine sometimes depending on who's doing the pencil work.

Mokoi

Banned
have a sudden urge to play the Ghosts campaign. And before you get your pitchforks out, I like the COD campaigns, quite a bit actually (except the Blops 2 one, I hated the RTS levels and only found out later they were skipable) so your opinions on how bad COD is are completely meaningless to me :p

that being sad, for the few of you that do like those campaigns, how does Ghosts compare to the MW trilogy and the 2 blops?

I would also like to know this. I thoroughly enjoy playing the campaigns in cod. They're pretty fun overall, and I like my shoot-bangs. Also lol you played the RTS levels. Those were terrible and severely flawed since they had to be played in order to get the best outcome in the story.

Cod4 had the best story mission! All Ghillied Up yo.

that being said, for the few of you that do like those campaigns, how does Ghosts compare to the MW trilogy and the 2 blops?

Is there co-op? :3

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You should really give Fables a shot if you liked wolf that much. It starts out slow but once you reach the story arc with the farm it gets really good.

The only downside is Bigby kind of looks like bone claws Wolverine sometimes depending on who's doing the pencil work.

After someone mentioned on GAF that the game is basically a prequel to the graphic novels, I knew I had to start reading them right away. I guess there are about 150-ish or so at this point, and I've read the first five so far and I'm loving it.

I think the graphic novels have a lot more depth now, at least for me personally, since I can imagine the characters and their voices based on how they were in the game. Which is why I usually only read stuff like that if it's based on a TV show or movie series (like, huge fan of the Doctor Who comics).

I haven't got to the arc about the farm yet, but I'm looking forward to it now!

Ventara

Does anybody want to split a two-pack of ibb & obb's Deluxe Edition (game + OST)? $3.27 each.

Someone is selling it for 1 key 3 ref. Might be a mistake though. Though I also know a guy who sells it for 2 key 2 ref. So about $1 in savings.

Edit: Oh wait, that's a single, isn't it? There's still a guy who's selling for 2 keys 2 ref, though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
When it comes to reading Fables, don't ignore the spin-offs. Jack of Fables and Snow White's One-off in particular are very nice additions.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone is selling it for 1 key 3 ref. Might be a mistake though. Though I also know a guy who sells it for 2 key 2 ref. So about $1 in savings.

Edit: Oh wait, that's a single, isn't it? There's still a guy who's selling for 2 keys 2 ref, though.

Yeah, that's just the gift copy, not the actual two-pack. Since the pack is so cheap I went ahead and bought it anyway, so the offer (actual price is $3; I guessed incorrectly) will be on the table until someone takes it.

Saty

Gun Monkeys.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-B23D4245DB1DCDF2 - Taken by Manik

Yeah. Thats what the support suggested. Close the old account then open a new one (though both emails are the same, just different usernames).
Support never told me to create a new account, though both my gmg and playfire have the same username and email, they say they managed to combine the accounts but I still have to get them to manually transfer my rewards to gmg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is your reaction to the thought of endlessly drifting in circles is something like this?

iblJ0yASV5YyhU.gif

If so, TODAY IS YOUR DAY!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT Showdown -- MB-83B863A20FB85E3B - Taken by cardinalmind. 9 entrants total.

t1406184991z1.png

maneil99

Better then MW3. It's scope isn't as big but some of the levels and visual directions were really nice. Starts off a bit slow but 3 hours in get's alot better

Deques

and too dead. I wouldn't be surprised if the devs were giving it away for free to random steam users. Game has flopped pretty hard from what I've seen

Morning again.

So Secret Ponchos will be the next Gun Monkeys? Where every copy will get a giftable copy in the future?

Toki767

I have 16 games left to play for that 52 games in one year challenge! I can see the finish line. I just need more games lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom