• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

Got this from Me0vish in a PM but already have the bundle so I'm passing it forward. Enjoy!
Don't know if it's BTA or only the $1 games.

The bundle contains Aquaria, Fractal, Organ Trail: Director's Cut, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, and Pulse for any price. Beating the average price added Frozen Synapse and Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars. McPixel, Waking Mars, and NightSky were added for those who beat the average or bought in the first week.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

5EAQeQ5.png
Humble Bundle with Android 6 bundle -- MB-5E010DD92F7C1F7E - Taken by iosefe. 4 entrants total.

t1406190031z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Baseball? He's Australian.
I'm pretty sure he'd be more likely to like Cricket.

Koala Ultimate Frisbee then, whatever you want. the point is, if he collects koala ultimate frisbee cards, he doesnt give 2 fucks about kangaroo volleyball cards

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like GMG finally fixed the price of Unrest's Special Edition. Glad I managed to snag it for $9 and some change.

Edit: But I don't have a key. Of course something had to go wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
for those of you who have played TWD Season 2 and TWAU. Is the TWD 2 worth picking up? I was more impressed with TWAU than TWD Season 1.

The Wolf Among Us is probably my favorite Telltale game to date, followed by The Walking Dead Season 1. Season 2 of The Walking Dead has been pretty good so far, but I think that
without Lee
the plot kinda falls apart a little bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game and I love all of the ethical and moral choices and living with their consequences. But it's not as good as Season 1, and not nearly as good as TWAU.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wolf Among Us must get much better in later episodes because I thought episode 1 was kinda weak

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Looks like GMG finally fixed the price of Unrest's Special Edition. Glad I managed to snag it for $9 and some change.

Edit: But I don't have a key. Of course something had to go wrong.

Unrest doesn't release until the 30th, they don't always provide keys up until launch.

EDIT: So is the steam store page broken then? It has all of the store options as pre-orders.

JaseC

Did the game release yet?

The release date is listed as the 23rd and the Special Edition no longer has the pre-purchase discount, which lead me to assume it's now out, but the regular edition still has the discount, so I guess not.

Unrest doesn't release until the 30th, they don't always provide keys up until launch.

Ah, didn't realise it'd been delayed a week.

Edit: It wasn't delayed:

Title: Unrest
Genre: Adventure, Indie, RPG
Developer: Pyrodactyl
Publisher: KISS ltd
Release Date: 24 Jul 2014

The 10% discount period has just been extended.

Seems the reason I didnt get my playfire rewards on GMG yet was, because my GMG account has a different username attached than my playfire one even though both are registered to the same email...
Need to try out what support suggested me to do.

Just wanted to buy the Cold Cold Heart DLC with it. Next time then.

9 Pounds. How much is that in euros?

Seems the reason I didnt get my playfire rewards on GMG yet was, because my GMG account has a different username attached than my playfire one even though both are registered to the same email...

You must've missed my whole saga from January til March with this -- I ended up closing my Playfire account and opening a new one with the email I use for GMG. That fixed it. GMG/Playfire support credited me on the new account for what had never transferred when I had the old account.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Madridy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Witcher -- MB-D6FB2369CE0C729E - Taken by InvisibleStride. 15 entrants total.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings -- MB-5E9A58596EA2AA97 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 21 entrants total.

t1406223457z1.png

You must've missed my whole saga from January til March with this -- I ended up closing my Playfire account and opening a new one with the email I use for GMG. That fixed it. GMG/Playfire support credited me on the new account for what had never transferred when I had the old account.

Yeah. Thats what the support suggested. Close the old account then open a new one (though both emails are the same, just different usernames).

JaseC

Around 11.40.

Rhaknar

like 12-13. but cold cold heart costs 2.49€ on gmg, where the fuck are you getting 9pounds from? unless youre talking about the season pass and even that is 4.99. so...whut?

Thanks. Hm...
Tempting to buy the DS2 Seasonpass with that...

Nah, I wait till all the DLCs are released.

like 12-13. but cold cold heart costs 2.49€ on gmg, where the fuck are you getting 9pounds from? unless youre talking about the season pass and even that is 4.99. so...whut?

Yeah. I know. I have 9 pounds in my playfire account but I guess at the time the money is transferred to my GMG account, the Batman Sale will be over.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Deadfall Adventures is like if Alan Wake and Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta had some sort of fucked up baby. The game's controls, animation, and voice acting are honestly worse than Marlow Briggs - right past the cusp of where it's so bad it's not even humorous.

The trailer and screenshots made it look really good. I wish I would have waited for the inevitable bundling. Also - that base price. Damn if I would have paid full price I'd be really upset right now. At least it has like 8 card drops.

JaseC

I'm assuming 9 pounds is how much credit he'll be receiving.

Deadfall Adventures is like if Alan Wake and Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta had some sort of fucked up baby. The game's controls, animation, and voice acting are honestly worse than Marlow Briggs - right past the cusp of where it's so bad it's not even humorous.

The trailer and screenshots made it look really good. I wish I would have waited for the inevitable bundling. Also - that base price. Damn if I would have paid full price I'd be really upset right now.

You... bought Unearthed?

jshackles

You... bought Unearthed?

I'm one of the rare people who actually liked Unearthed. In that sort of B-movie-so-terrible-it's-hilarious kind of way. It was short and sweet. So far, I like it better than Deadfall Adventures, of which I paid $8 for (80% off) and still feel ripped off.

Nordic Games - what happened?

Rhaknar

The trailer and screenshots made it look really good. I wish I would have waited for the inevitable bundling. Also - that base price. Damn if I would have paid full price I'd be really upset right now. At least it has like 8 card drops.

but marlow briggs is awesome so that means deadfall adventures is awesome

there was nothing wrong with briggs's controls imo, the animations maybe, then again its a budget game. Ill give you the voice acting but I actually liked the mask's voice

they need to drop the base price on deadfall bad tho

Yeah. I also got it like that, but this sentence:

make it seem like he got it through other means than a bundle :D

he meant he should have waited for Deadfall to be bundled

I'm one of the rare people who actually liked Unearthed. In that sort of B-movie-so-terrible-it's-hilarious kind of way. It was short and sweet. So far, I like it better than Deadfall Adventures, of which I paid $8 for (80% off) and still feel ripped off.

I wonder if they are really developing Episode 2 of Unearthed. Heard the first one is just 1 hour long so maybe I should play it too.

jshackles

I wonder if they are really developing Episode 2 of Unearthed. Heard the first one is just 1 hour long so maybe I should play it too.

It's honestly pretty bad, but when I played it I went into it with the mindset of "Okay, this is going to be terrible and janky" and after 71 minutes I had got 100% of the achievements and found that I actually kind of enjoyed it. Of course the plot made almost no sense and Episode 2 is likely never going to materialize. But still, if you already have it it's definitely worth playing through once.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
In all territories?
Sometimes GMG is a pain in the ass about the keys.

It's probably just GMG being slow with adding the keys.

Nordic Games - what happened?

I had to check if it was really a $40 base price. Wow.

Shadownet

Banned
batman-gif.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Bruce Wayne

If you win this, PM me afterward. Goodluck! (You're getting a copy once preorder is available)

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman Arkham Knight -- MB-E9C33E1E6E3647AD - Taken by Man Puncher. 160 entrants total.

t1406206296z1.png

I'm so confused. I have no idea whether or not I'm in Shadow's giveaway.
Oh well, my luck is terrible lately. I have to rely on other GAFers generosity as luck... I think Sub Zero put a hex on me. :3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Betrayer -- MB-79E452FB7B1268FE - Taken by NingenJanai. 33 entrants total.

t1406184987z1.png

jshackles

I had to check if it was really a $40 base price. Wow.

I could totally understand if the game was in the $15-$20 range (and I bought it for 75% off or more) and I think I would be a lot more lenient with it. The premise sounds awesome: a first person shooter / Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider filled with puzzles.

The problem is that the FPS portion of the game blows - you have the same "use your flashlight to make enemies susceptible to attack" mechanic as Alan Wake, so you have to juggle your weapon, flashlight, and hint notebook (crude drawings of how to solve the puzzles) which makes combat really cumbersome.

You can level up your abilities and stats, but only by collecting the very optional "treasures" you can find scattered about certain points of the level. There isn't any backtracking, so if you miss a treasure you're shit outta luck. If you miss enough treasures, you'll find yourself in a world of hurt because you won't really be strong enough to defeat the enemies. I guess at that point you'd just have to erase your save and start over.

And as for the "Indiana Jones" cool factor, it's completely lacking due to the really terribad voice acting. I understand that not every game company could afford to get someone like Harrison Ford to do your game's voice work, but these people sound like maybe they've never done voice work before in their life, and this is their big break into show business.

Again - don't be fooled by that high price like I was. The trailers may make it look like that equates into a AAA game, but it most certainly doesn't in this case.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You realize that the game was free to play for an entire weekend right?

Rhaknar

I'm so confused. I have no idea whether or not I'm in Shadow's giveaway.
Oh well, my luck is terrible lately. I have to rely on other GAFers generosity as luck... I think Sub Zero put a hex on me. :3

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating

you were doomed from the start

Again - don't be fooled by that high price like I was. The trailers may make it look like that equates into a AAA game, but it most certainly doesn't in this case.

no offense Shack but youre the first person ive ever seen that thought it was a AAA game, theres a reason why its usually mentioned with the likes of Marlow Briggs :p its also why its base price is so mocked

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A friend of mine had an extra and wanted to share, but no one to give it to. So, enjoy random passer-by, lurker or otherwise.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
The time has come at last
To throw away this mask
So everyone can see
My true identity...
I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-EB668A2A34BF466E - Taken by _hekk05

jshackles

You realize that the game was free to play to play for an entire weekend right?

Yeah, but I was under the impression that the free weekend just included the multiplayer which I wasn't interested in.

I think the only thing that would have saved me on this one was watching a "Let's play" video of the first 30 minutes of the single player campaign.

A friend of mine had an extra and wanted to share, but no one to give it to. So, enjoy random passer-by, lurker or otherwise.
Every time I see this, I think of the song.

Edit: I wish I could figure out what the issue with my KB input was all of a sudden... It's delayed. Like if I type out fast I can see it getting input about a second or so later. I thought it was my wireless KB battery dying, but it's still happening on a fresh pair.

jshackles

That only works with Call of Doggy because SP and MP are split across different apps.

There have been plenty of other "multiplayer only" free weekends though. Many of which upset me because I didn't know that beforehand, took the time to download the huge game, then get to the main menu and "single player" is grayed out.

EDIT: looks like it was multiplayer which also included two single player maps back in Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom