• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
captain's edition? should i dl even if i haven't beat it? or even touched Advanced edition content?

My recommendation is to always beat a game first to find out what needs fixing with mods.

It just adds stuff like more events, more weapons, and more sectors, along with options like making a game potentially infinite length if you choose to keep flying into deep space.

You should probably beat the game at least once. Besides my belief that it gives you more perspective on changes made, Captain's Edition makes the game a lot harder.

Turfster

Oh good, replacement drives are in the country. Should arrive in the morning.
Start raid rebuild and go out. I have a plan.

Also, Knock Knock is still 50% off on the Humble Store for the next 15 hours.

iosefe

My recommendation is to always beat a game first to find out what needs fixing with mods.

It just adds stuff like more events, more weapons, and more sectors, along with options like making a game potentially infinite length if you choose to keep flying into deep space.

You should probably beat the game at least once. Besides my belief that it gives you more perspective on changes made, Captain's Edition makes the game a lot harder.

ok, so i'll never get to it then. o.o

Also, Knock Knock is still 50% off on the Humble Store for the next 15 hours.

Just to tie in a Pathologic remake is coming soon! One of Ice-Pick Lodge's two masterpieces along with the Void.

And I need to finish Knock-Knock either tonight or tomorrow, one game by the studio I haven't spent much time with. It came out at a time where I was rather depressed and its horrific atmosphere wasn't what I wanted at the time :p

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
That tekken article is such a tease. I need next gen tekken in my life. I'll forgive them for not giving us tekken tag 2, SCV, and soul cal 2 HD if we get tekken 7.

Sajjaja

KALI MAHHHHHH. SHUKTI DE!

tav7623

Had a game leftover from a previous raffle
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (tav7623, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-7B202978802C1D56 - Taken by Nairume

Mokoi

Banned
I don't completely disregard the reviews themselves, though the percentage of positive to negative reviews should largely be ignored. There are usually a few Steam reviews that are good, but a lot of them are trash. Generally, the more in depth a review on Steam is, the better the chance is that it's worth paying attention to.

Yeah I also don't completely disregard them. If I see it has quite a considerable amount of text I'll read them. However, there definitely is a lot of trash within the pile of reviews, and if you want to find good posting you're going to have browse through them for the most part. Joke impression are fine with me, but it bugs me when a well written one is bump off the top spot for a joke posting.

---
Also I'm still not sure its steam causing this or perhaps something else.
Picture of problem

The first time it happened was when I tried to start a discussion on Abyss Odyssey community. This time it happened when I clicked on a youtube link from a review. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm certain this is just click bait. They cite kddramastars a notorious blogspam site, and they simply say that they guy says "in an interview" its on PC and PC is the lead platform. No citation makes it a pretty straight forward spam of bullshit notice; also how no one else reports this stuff that they constantly come out with.

It probably will come to PC but this is the furthest thing from confirmation
PZHHvqx.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spring-Loaded, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats The Revenge -- MB-46EDECE5B6737D46 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 8 entrants total.

t1406257529z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Fortix 2- -- MB-FF12DF5F0872F800 - Taken by WinterDemons
xheRJRF.gif
Trapped Dead -- MB-B788A637F47ED514 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by jmizzal
Saira -- MB-9772F9D49FAEEFE0 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Some or all of these are used, hence the garbage dump. Hopefully some are not used.
Fireburst -- MB-A184F505CD31B8BB - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total. - Taken by ModBot - Taken by crazyrabbits
Bunch of Heroes- -- MB-1A276F821E7986E7 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by crazyrabbits
Future Wars -- MB-8CACCE9AE744D496 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by crazyrabbits
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-2663C7858313AC5E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Greed: Black Border -- MB-30BA19B507B2D594 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon -- MB-2663C7858313AC5E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Hacker Evolution -- MB-A6F9C5D99C505A0C - Taken by ModBot - Taken by BinaryPork2737
Critical Mass- -- MB-B1DF5CE5E37EECFC - Taken by Darth Kupi

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

wilflare

My iMac just petered out... two months after my AppleCare expired.

Fuck. Me.

reminds me of my MBP2010 battery/power adapter spoiling T_T
that thing requires me to twist the cable in an EXACT angle before the laptop starts charging T_T
- and I don't know if I really want to pay almost $100USD to get a replacement charger

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
those videos I watched on youtube where a kid won 2 knives was secretly a plot device by gaben himself to bamboozle innocent people like me into funding the development of ricochet 2

It's because I don't live in vegas wtf

Kanokare

those videos I watched on youtube where a kid won 2 knives was secretly a plot device by gaben himself to bamboozle innocent people like me into funding the development of ricochet 2

It's because I don't live in vegas wtf

Lol... Lets get 1 game in! I got time for 1 lets goooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom