• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Fortix 2- -- MB-FF12DF5F0872F800
xheRJRF.gif
Trapped Dead -- MB-B788A637F47ED514 - Taken by ModBot
Saira -- MB-9772F9D49FAEEFE0 - Taken by ModBot
Some or all of these are used, hence the garbage dump. Hopefully some are not used.
Fireburst -- MB-A184F505CD31B8BB - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total. - Taken by ModBot
Bunch of Heroes- -- MB-1A276F821E7986E7 - Taken by ModBot
Future Wars -- MB-8CACCE9AE744D496 - Taken by ModBot
xheRJRF.gif
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-2663C7858313AC5E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Greed: Black Border -- MB-30BA19B507B2D594 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon -- MB-2663C7858313AC5E - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Hacker Evolution -- MB-A6F9C5D99C505A0C - Taken by ModBot
Critical Mass- -- MB-B1DF5CE5E37EECFC - Taken by Darth Kupi

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
I put in for EDF, got miner wars, and MB says I won both miner wars and EDF. What is going on here?

Turfster

Well.... it looks like a guy.
Happy birthday!
Have a good one! I was tangentially familiar with Air Master but admittedly I thought it was a guy in the avatar as well.
Mind blown, happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! Didn't know it was a girl. :eek:
Wow, i thought it was a guy this whole time.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Thanks for the wishes, guys!
(And you should really (re)watch Airmaster ;)

20% off Indie Box subscriptions with the code GAMEDEALS

adaen

So I just bought Dungeon Defenders Eternity. I know I'm part of the problem that cash grabs like this exist but seeing that DD remains my second most played game on Steam, it only goes for 2 keys and I had spare card money (I should've have enough money for TitS in a week, hopefully), I said: Why not?

Anyway I knew that I need a seperate account with the publisher and while it's annoying it is okay. But now I'm greeted with a 18 MB download and the game is patching itself in the seperate launcher. That means that the game won't patch itself automatically through Steam and I'll have to wait everytime I'll want to play it and there is a new patch.

Why do they do this? That's like one of the best features Steam has over crap like Uplay. It gets even worse if you consider the patch history of this developer with almost daily patches of DD1 that even prompted some users to uninstall the game.

*shakes head*

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I put in for EDF, got miner wars, and MB says I won both miner wars and EDF. What is going on here?

ModBot says it's the same key (same MB-) hash and looking at the warning at the bottom of the post it seems to have noted that the EDF key "was present in a previous giveaway". I'd say what happened is that the person had a key for both EDF and Miner Wars or copy-pasted wrong or something. It's a garbage dump, so it doesn't count against you in any way.

Why do they do this? That's like one of the best features Steam has over crap like Uplay. It gets even worse if you consider the patch history of this developer with almost daily patches of DD1 that even prompted some users to uninstall the game.

*shakes head*
Yep I remember I uninstalled Dungeon Defenders because of how frequently it used to update. Not a bad game though but it got very grindy to level up near the end.

Thank you anonymous for Saira. Looks neat.

---------------------

Anyone else having trouble with with links not working in the Steam client? I try to click on things and nothing happens.

Ventara

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a cheap giveaway. Is there any interest in NFS? Shift was the first racer I played on my PS3, and it was pretty fun, with the waka-waka music playing. But that was a while ago. Would any of you guys even be interested in that? Are Hot Pursuit and Unleashed any better? Feel free to recommend what I give away too. Do it via PM, though, since I don't want to clutter up the thread.

Edit: Guess not. I'll just pick something then.

I've only played EDF on the vita. It wasn't too bad but was a bit frustrating at certain spots. I thought the new one was supposed to be decent with a western flair?

The new one is essentially the same like the other ones with the addition of a new class.

But the Insect Armageddon is just... bad...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait that's not the guy from Gintama?

:3

Anyway still available I believe

Rush for Glory -- MB-9AB58A2CBAC2A99D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Kiru

Edit: just had that "I need to stop gifting shit" moment, was bound to happen I guess

Mokoi

Banned
themoreyouknow.jpg

Thanks for the wishes, guys!
(And you should really (re)watch Airmaster ;)

20% off Indie Box subscriptions with the code GAMEDEALS

Happy birthday! Also don't give me more animu to watch please.
---
So I played more of Wolfenstein last night, and boy this game is really good. The talk about how good it was certinaly was not a lie. The dual wielding mechanic is a ton of fun, and I love the little inner monologues the protag does. Stealth is a pretty solid route to take. It's great taking on levels without even being noticed, and really offers variety to the gameplay.

Turfster

Happy bday turfster
Happy birthday! Also don't give me more animu to watch please.
Thanks!
But it's a classic!
(Like, middle-classic, as in: I worked on some translations back when I was at university many moons ago, not classic-classic like the stuff I watched when I was yea high ;)
So I played more of Wolfenstein last night, and boy this game is really good. The talk about how good it was certinaly was not a lie. The dual wielding mechanic is a ton of fun, and I love the little inner monologues the protag does. Stealth is a pretty solid route to take it's great taking on levels without even being noticed. It really offer a great variety to the gameplay.
It is great.
Much better than I feared.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of shykyoichi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shykyoichi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-781F2566F94293C0 - Taken by devonodev. 2 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EA2F6D847A0A3884
Draw a Stickman -- MB-5589364FE5B4BD04
Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming -- MB-20EC22D4884AE011 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-6241130980637245 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Agricultural Simulator 2013 -- MB-8B64DA5EF3CA9CA6 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Sid Meiers Ace Patrol was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Draw a Stickman was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Galcon Legends was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Agricultural Simulator 2013 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406259406z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)

uJLGX2U.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

102 from Toki767
96 from Jawmuncher
90 from Anustart
72 from Morningbus
54 from default two
36 from Mono
36 from BinaryPork2737
36 from Cloudius12
30 from Mokoi
30 from CorrosiveFrost
30 from Chocobro
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
24 from Xclash
24 from Stallion Free
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
12 from Cheddahz
12 from tylerf
12 from shadownet
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Myshkin
6 from Servizio

Total: $816.00

Special thanks to the following for contributing a code since the last update: GunstarHeroes for 2 codes, CorrosiveFrost for 1 code. XClash for 1 code, Binarypork for 1 code, toki767 for 2 codes (which makes him the first to hit triple digits!), chocobro for 1 code, anustart for 5 codes (the single largest push!), and cloudius12 for 1 code.

Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom