• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I hate Seed & Destiny. Such a travesty to all that is Gundam.

Funny to think I felt that way about Double Zeta, coming off of Z Gundam. Some of the more recent stuff makes Double Zeta look like the epitome of serious drama. :p

(When did we turn into GundamGAF?)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
This comment would make my friend Action! very sad. :\

Noticed that you got it recently? Are you planning to put some hours into it? I'm looking for some impressions because what I've seen from the videos looks mediocre

Is the combat in Lichdom really that bad?

I don't own it but I was disappointed from the videos I've seen. I was expecting something similar to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic but it seems that all you do in Lichdom (at least for the moment) is move from arena to arena blasting the same enemies with the same spells

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't think so.

Can't you go into past broadcasts, load up tonight's footage, then do save forever?

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like since the last time I actually streamed anything, they switched the default behavior and you need an option ticked off for any recording to be saved for any period of time. When I check past broadcasts, there's just nothing there.

Sucks, as the Stream went better than I expected and there were a few good bits here and there. Like when Nabs asked me what I would tell people I was doing tonight and I said that I'd just tell them I'm masturbating because it's less shameful than streaming Serious Sam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Noticed that you got it recently? Are you planning to put some hours into it? I'm looking for some impressions because what I've seen from the videos looks mediocre

you look mediocre!

:(

stop trashing Lichborn, it looks cool... I like me some first person magics :(

that disapoints me :/

Me too. But it's EA, so they might add it later.

Yeah, I grabbed it through TF2Outpost before the 40% discount went away today.
My friend works on the game and I've been trying to get him to come visit SteamGAF.
I figured it was only fair that I buy the game he's working on and put some time into it... so yeah, I plan on checking it out in the near future. Definitely before it's out of EA. :p

Ezalc

iH5UigjUgTXZc.jpg

Anyone put more time into Lichdom: Battlemage now that it is in beta?

Why are you putting an image of Julia from FE4?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wouldn't the last thing to finish be the... story?

Fable's story isn't exactly riveting stuff. ;)

If some day I develop a game I'll make sure to put an infinite number of randomly generated collectables just for you.

<3

JaseC doesn't have to kick Enco out of a game to sit there in his plush robes with a fine cigar and brandy as he admires his collection.

This is accurate. (But no, our schedules haven't yet clashed.)

Watch Doggies doesn't count?

I lost interest rather quickly. It's not AssCreed-y enough.

Because JaseC doesn't give a shit about Steam level. He only levels up to increase his friends list when he hits the cap.

Yep.

Completely unproductive:

Saoirse Ronan is in Muppets Most Wanted. Thought it might be of interest to this thread.

Her scene is literally like five seconds long, though (I've seen it, naturally). She didn't even know it was in the film until an interviewer brought it up.

me0wish

More keys for you guys :)
(Some might be used though..)

ModBot said:
Instructions for me0wish:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (me0wish, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Humble Indie Bundle #4 -- MB-8FB33D0F3E629C4C - Taken by AngerdX
Humble Indie Bundle #3 -- MB-FBD167F79306419E - Taken by WinterDemons
Humble Indie Bundle #2 -- MB-445BB2AB84FACBD1 - Taken by pupo
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (desura) -- MB-004FD9862F41A61A - Taken by Wyatt Smee
Humble Indie Bundle #3 #2 -- MB-B9517125BE99C326 - Taken by gaiadyne
SpaceChem #2 -- MB-378DD0DD8B2657CD
Cortex Command Steam Key -- MB-1A37C89E3794598E - Taken by freshVeggie
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (desura) #2 -- MB-C4FCACA1342B97E9
SpaceChem -- MB-A932CDA2E5C15401
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (desura) - HIB4A-CFIGL-SpaceChem -- MB-D72D83F2D3CCB852
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (desura) -- MB-6C3C3C65DE674239 - Taken by ketditch
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (desura) -- MB-5D899CB6E8313C21 - Taken by Jason Frost

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Emperor_EL, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-FE2EA71A06AD9ED4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-5491FFE8475CCC59 - Taken by zeroOman. 7 entrants total.

t1406013869z1.png

dot

Funny to think I felt that way about Double Zeta, coming off of Z Gundam. Some of the more recent stuff makes Double Zeta look like the epitome of serious drama. :p

We've been GundamGAF since the first page of this thread.

I'm sure you've all seen that webm...unless you use some lame antivirus that blocks it. :p

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like since the last time I actually streamed anything, they switched the default behavior and you need an option ticked off for any recording to be saved for any period of time. When I check past broadcasts, there's just nothing there.

Sucks, as the Stream went better than I expected and there were a few good bits here and there. Like when Nabs asked me what I would tell people I was doing tonight and I said that I'd just tell them I'm masturbating because it's less shameful than streaming Serious Sam.

Yeah, that does suck. The bit about the Russians was jaw-droppingly awesome.
I thought it was default, but now that I think about it, I went through and made sure that box was checked before I ever streamed anything.

I think this means that if all of us band together, we can just say you never streamed it at all and make you start from scratch, since you have nothing to prove you streamed tonight, right? ;)

Where is my copy?

Time for Shadow to make good on his promise.
Since I already own both of those games, I wonder what my gift will be? :3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Time for Shadow to make good on his promise.
Since I already own both of those games, I wonder what my gift will be? :3

you own Magic 2015? but didnt you see the 100% NEGATIVE REVIEWS THOSE ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!

Ezalc

You say that like it's a bad thing, and that it hasn't always been here. *casual point to avatar*

Rhaknar

Deadfall Adventures looks cool as well...

it does actually so fuck you! It just needs to drop its ridiculous base price

speaking of ridiculous base prices, have you seen the Evolve prices that are popping up on various european websites? Remember when I said that one was on me? Yeeeeeeeeah we might need to talk about that >_>

Deitus

I don't own it but I was disappointed from the videos I've seen. I was expecting something similar to Dark Messiah of Might and Magic but it seems that all you do in Lichdom (at least for the moment) is move from arena to arena blasting the same enemies with the same spells

Yeah, I'm still not sold on it from what I've seen. But worse than Skyrim combat is some harsh criticism.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
it does actually so fuck you! It just needs to drop its ridiculous base price

speaking of ridiculous base prices, have you seen the Evolve prices that are popping up on various european websites? Remember when I said that one was on me? Yeeeeeeeeah we might need to talk about that >_>

Nordic does you a favor by not dropping the price of Deadfall Adventures. As for Evolve, I would probably get it even if it costed a hundred euros. I don't know why but something clicks me about this game

Yeah, I'm still not sold on it from what I've seen. But worse than Skyrim combat is some harsh criticism.

It was the design of the game that kinda bothers me. I'm really not a fan of the RPGs that limit you in an arena and spam you with hordes of enemies. Combat looks ok-ish but not very fun
Regarding Skyrim combat. It may be just me but I love it. I haven't even bothered to mod it

Rhaknar

So Man Puncher gifted me 100% OJ, I redeemed it and added it to my library, and yet it's still in his inventory. Wuzzup with that?

you fucked up, now youll get banned from Steam and you cant redeem the Divinity OS that you would finally win

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Man Puncher gifted me 100% OJ, I redeemed it and added it to my library, and yet it's still in his inventory. Wuzzup with that?

That happens sometimes. If he tries to redeem the gift he'll receive a "Limit exceeded" error. I have a gift copy of JA2 Gold that's been in a broken state for more than a year now -- I need to get around to asking Valve to remove it.

Tellaerin

We've been GundamGAF since the first page of this thread.

I'm sure you've all seen that webm...unless you use some lame antivirus that blocks it. :p

Yeah, I remember seeing your
drunk-sounding
waifu firing her lasers. xD

You say that like it's a bad thing, and that it hasn't always been here. *casual point to avatar*

Hey, I don't think it's a bad thing - I'm partially responsible for this tangent, after all. Just don't want to see us get wrapped on the knuckles for going off-topic. So to put things at least slightly on track, I wonder what the odds are of us getting a Gundam Musou port for PC if DW8 does well. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I can dream...

Free Magic 2015 for everyone.

or Divinity: Original Sin.

Son, your alpaca's writing checks your wallet can't cash. >.>

Ban Puncher

That happens sometimes. If he tries to redeem the gift he'll receive a "Limit exceeded" error. I have a gift copy of JA2 Gold that's been in a broken state for more than a year now -- I need to get around to asking Valve to remove it.

Yeah I just tried re-gifting it and got the error.

I forever have to look at these gift copies of 100% WAIFU for Marco and Widdly Scuds cluttering up my inventory.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Serious Sam nearly killed my computer. The good news is that I reseated the pump/cpu block on my Glacier 240L and now I'm actually getting better temperatures than before. I will have to get myself a fan controller that has 0% to 100% control since my current ones doesn't play well with my noctua industrial fans. This does mean I can continue to play with morningbus during the his stream.

Caerith

Hey, I don't think it's a bad thing - I'm partially responsible for this tangent, after all. Just don't want to see us get wrapped on the knuckles for going off-topic. So to put things at least slightly on track, I wonder what the odds are of us getting a Gundam Musou port for PC if DW8 does well. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I can dream...
I don't much care about musou as a genre, but I'd gladly play a Gundam game. Gundam Wing is one of my favorite series, and it lends itself to musou much better than, say, historical China.

Sharkiller

the deals on GMG have been really bad lately.. I want to spend some of mah credits

yeah me too. bad base %, little % coupons, super restrictive coupons...
looks like they dont want to invest more money because they are already popular

------------

lol
oOp0LZV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom