• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, also:
Go_the_fuck_to_sleep.jpg

As read by Samuel L. Jackson.

Shadownet

Banned
Female ED

Girls fix their eyebrows and they all can have eyebrows like men if they don't use the tweezers or whatever they decide to use to keep their eyebrows in whatever style they want. Those who dont go through the procedure it gives them an exotic look to them and more when you see the skin tone that goes well with the brows like Ms NK does. Your favorite actress takes care of her eyebrows and keeps them at bay but not every girl will be into fixing it. Some say fuck it and rock and Natalia does it. Not everyone can rock this look tho.

Class over.

jennifer-connelly-shiseido.jpg

I have a crush on Jennifer Connelly, and her eyebrows are thick and gorgeous.

Your girl is just... Well.. Yeah.

Well thank god you changed your avatar to a cartoon version of her, I can at least pretend she isn't real. :p

---
Despite the fact that she's insanely beautiful, I can't watch any gifs related to that film without thinking about the squicky sex scenes. Gives me shivers thinking about it.

I felt something similar with Saoirse and The Host. I can only watch it cause she's in it.

Arthea

g'morning insane sleep deprived bunch with horrible gifs a plenty.

about that HB rebundle, they not gonna rebundle good stuff, I missed, are they? I mean, I know Royale does it too, I still don't understand why.
Isn't it easier to sell if you add some stuff from old bundles and throw in couple of new ones?

edited: not again...
I'll see myself out

Wow.

I just read about The Stomping Land and how the devs haven't done anything with the game.

This is pretty sad. I was pumped for it but glad I didn't bother buying it.

So Starbound, DayZ and The Stomping Land all have very very slow development (at best). Yogscast failed. Cube World is pretty much dead. Areal is pretty much a scam.

Luckily we have games like Divinity to make the EA model not seem worthless.
Just googled it and damn, that's crazy no updates in so damn long.
I really do hope these devs that run kickstarters for their early access games and then never say anything again aren't just ditching their games for short term gain or because they started work and then just stopped, that'd be disappointing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
We need to go back to AlpacaGAF

Only when it gets a store page. I'll probably go back to my regular avatar in a few days if there's no release date announcement or anything like that.

about that HB rebundle, they not gonna rebundle good stuff, I missed, are they? I mean, I know Royale does it too, I still don't understand why.
Isn't it easier to sell if you add some stuff from old bundles and throw in couple of new ones?

You're talking about the same site that had daily bundles with concept art as the PWYW lowest tier. Sometimes they aren't good at coming up with ways to sell bundles :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The whole "rebundle" thing is just "back by popular demand" in bundle form -- it's a marketing gimmick.

dex3108

Hey guys and girls of SteamGAF i have Orcs Must Die! Unchained Beta key for NA (i don't know if it will work in other parts of the world) so if somebody wants it send me PM :D I hope it still works XD

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Jennifer-Connelly-jennifer-connelly-204157_900_1128.jpg

I have a crush on Jennifer Connelly, and her eyebrows are thick and gorgeous.

Your girl is just... Well.. Yeah.

Well thank god you changed your avatar to a cartoon version of her, I can at least pretend she isn't real. :p

I see this is how a friendship ends. You can't sit with us anymore. (At Lunch that is)
tumblr_inline_mw6qah4oAH1qarf5u.gif

In other news 38 hours in Abyss Odyssey. I might give the game a mini break and play Revengeance.

Tellaerin

Female ED

Girls fix their eyebrows and they all can have eyebrows like men if they don't use the tweezers or whatever they decide to use to keep their eyebrows in whatever style they want. Those who dont go through the procedure it gives them an exotic look to them and more when you see the skin tone that goes well with the brows like Ms NK does. Your favorite actress takes care of her eyebrows and keeps them at bay but not every girl will be into fixing it. Some say fuck it and rock and Natalia does it. Not everyone can rock this look tho.

Class over.

Women's eyebrows vary in thickness, just like men's do. If a girl doesn't look like a female Sam Swarek, it doesn't automatically mean she's secretly plucking her brows. And in your girl's case, those suckers are just thick.

Though to be fair, maybe she's just been localized for Japanese audiences. >.>

JaseC

The DoW2 Steamworks patches are taking forever (five months and counting). GFWL must be stuffed in there real good.

He can have her. I realized once I started sporting the Saoirse avatar that I have invaded something precious to JaseC. So I ventured out into the unknown, and I found my waifu.

You gotta respect another man waifu.

No skin off my nose. The more, the merrier and all that.

Vazra

Women's eyebrows vary in thickness, just like men's do. If a girl doesn't look like a female Sam Swarek, it doesn't automatically mean she's secretly plucking her brows. And in your girl's case, those suckers are just thick.

Though to be fair, maybe she's just been localized for Japanese audiences. >.>

I see and I dont mind
1392456042442.gif

The DoW2 Steamworks patches are taking forever (five months and counting). GFWL must be stuffed in there real good.

There have been patches every few weeks on the (open) beta branch since mid-June at least. I played it and while it was terribly laggy and unplayable in co-op, this seems to be a problem that existed even before with GFWL. Didn't try to mess around with it any longer, I just hope that they can get some netcode in there that works for everyone.

JaseC

The AssCreed Unity tech video is great. It's nice to see the series return to a setting that's aesthetically and architecturally interesting. Colonial America was drab as all hell and while the 19th-century Caribbean fared better visually, it didn't have much to offer in terms of building-hopping outside of the larger though still comparatively small cities of Havana and Kingston.

I might sport that Santa Saoirse avatar again during the holiday. That one was just so well done.

Feel free to borrow Elizabeth anytime :)

If I'm to switch avatars it'll be back to my relatively ancient one of Agent Cooper giving the thumbs up... or to put it another way, Saoirse4lyfe.

There have been patches every few weeks on the (open) beta branch since mid-June at least. I played it and while it was terribly laggy and unplayable in co-op, this seems to be a problem that existed even before with GFWL. Didn't try to mess around with it any longer, I just hope that they can get some netcode in there that works for everyone.

So it's less a problem and more a feature. :p

Shadownet

Banned
The AssCreed Unity tech video is great. It's nice to see the series return to a setting that's aesthetically and architecturally interesting.

If I'm to switch avatars it'll be back to my relatively ancient one of Agent Cooper giving the thumbs up... or to put it another way, Saoirse4lyfe.

Am I the only one that is dying for AC to go to an Asian setting? I mean like far East.

And the day you do that. Things are going to be so different around here.

JaseC

Am I the only one that is dying for AC to go to an Asian setting? I mean like far East.

Anywhere but America is fine by me. Amir0x suggested in a thread months ago that ancient Babylon (inclusive of the somewhat elusive Hanging Gardens) would be great and I'm inclined to agree.

People would probably fail to remember who I am. :p

I think a lot of people want that.

I just wonder if the formula of the AC series would fit with some ancient china or japan. The cities werent really designed for climbing around.

Vazra

Talking about game settings I wish they stepped out a bit of the box. Not everything needs to be Japan, US, UK or France. (Sometimes Russia happens but most of the games in this setting are entirely stereotypical.)

I would like a game tackle something like Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, and other areas not really represented in videogames and build upon their historic events or current events. Im getting a bit tired of the cliche settings we still get.

Ozium

I just wonder if the formula of the AC series would fit with some ancient china or japan. The cities werent really designed for climbing around.

Didn't stop AC3...

I want one set in the Outback... ayers rock will be the only thing you can climb

but aliens and boomerangs

JaseC

Oh. Right. Totally forgot that.
And havent played 4 yet, so not sure how they handled it there.

It's better but the game severely lacks sizeable areas. The vast majority of the world is made of tiny/small islands and even the game's key (and therefore larger) locations have less to offer than AssCreed 2's Venice/Florence (let alone Brotherhood's Rome/Revelations' Constantinople). I haven't been keeping a close eye on what Ubi's been saying about Unity, but if Paris is comparable in size to Rome/Constantinople then I'll be quite happy even if it's the only city in the game. Bonus points if it's larger (excluding enterable buildings because that's cheating).

Shadownet

Banned

If they do ancient China for example, it would probably be with a lot of tree climbing again, but China did have a lot of great cities that were climbable.

Knurek

Better yet - Assassins Creed: Cossacks, set during Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth war with the Ottoman Empire (with a "Let's Annex Crimea" management minigame).

Ozium

It's better but the game severely lacks sizeable areas. The vast majority of the world is made of tiny/small islands and even the game's key (and therefore larger) locations have less to offer than AssCreed 2's Venice/Florence (let alone Brotherhood's Rome/Revelations' Constantinople). I haven't been keeping a close eye on what Ubi's been saying about Unity, but if Paris is comparable in size to Rome/Constantinople then I'll be quite happy even if it's the only city in the game. Bonus points if it's larger (excluding enterable buildings because that's cheating).

the highest buildings in paris are like 2-3 story high tops... and the Eiffel Tower wasn't even built when the game takes place...

:/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see an Asscreed set in either: ancient Greece, ancient Egypt, Japan, ancient China, a small side game following that Russian assassin from the comics, maybe Victorian London, or maybe Asscreed Redemption set in the American west.

What about Agent Saoirse Cooper giving the thumbs up?

Didn't stop AC3...

I want one set in the Outback... ayers rock will be the only thing you can climb

but aliens and boomerangs

Don't forget the Templar drop bears.

Caerith

If AC stays as it is, where you're some dude in a hood who effortlessly mows down mook after mook, then it would basically be Dynasty Warriors with wrist blades.

If AC goes back to being about, y'know, assassins... any Asian setting in particular? I think this would work-- with some not-related-to-Desmond assassin dealing with British templars and also the occupying force-- but Asia's kinda big and has a lot of history so there are probably more than a few options.

Ozium

I want a future ass crud that takes place in a Isaac Asimov's Foundation type place..

Fifth Element too if you want hover cars and dat french flair

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I just bought a few games from the simulator Humble Bundle, but the only one I really wanted was the Universe Sandbox, so here are the other two.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GraveHorizon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-ED5F9EA08DA8A153
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-C5771E764D1C3A54 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.

t1406027131z1.png

Not sure why the baseball game doesn't have an image, but whatever.

Shadownet

Banned
If AC stays as it is, where you're some dude in a hood who effortlessly mows down mook after mook, then it would basically be Dynasty Warriors with wrist blades.

If AC goes back to being about, y'know, assassins... any Asian setting in particular? I think this would work-- with some not-related-to-Desmond assassin dealing with British templars and also the occupying force-- but Asia's kinda big and has a lot of history so there are probably more than a few options.

One of my favorite person in Asian history is
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bao_Zheng]

Bao Zhang:
He is considered one of the most upstanding judges China have ever seen, many TV shows have been made about him. I can totally believe that if they do an AC game in China, that the main character was someone that work under Bao Zhang, and that his mission is to uncovered the corruption of Chinese government at the time. Which Zheng tend to do a lot, he was given permission by the late emperor to trial and punish anyone he deemed guilty to a crime, even if that person is royalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom