• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yes - but a very good one

iirc the game itself actually describes the hard difficulty as the way the game should be played - and it is. The normal and easy difficulty settings make the Alien so easy to avoid and trick. On hard I found the game genuinely tense. It was great. It was a good balance between challenging and rewarding while not be so difficult it was frustrating

Ok, that's actually what I want. I'll try out hard and dial down if necessary.

I don't know if it's a price error, but HunieCam Studio is $2.16 on the Humble Store. It was more than twice that price during the summer sale.

I've completed 2 of the games I bought during the summer sale, Ghostbusters and Transformers: Devastation.

I ended up completing them both in about 5 hours (one run through). Transformers left me wanting more, I feel like it was missing one more level and was a tad bit short. The game is probably meant for repeat playthroughs trying to get those S rankings but it's rare I do that sort thing. Still enjoyable overall.

Ghostbusters was the perfect length though. There wasn't a huge variation in the gameplay but what was there was solid and it didn't over stay it's welcome. The story was also quite good.

Still got Stalker and Witcher 2 to get through, that will probably take some time especially since it seems like Witcher 2 is a very slow game (haven't played 1).

Sorry if old news but looks like Funstock digital has a dedicated US site now:

http://www.funstockdigital.com/

Had a bad experience with them pre-ordering Fallout 4, but I did get a free season pass out of the ordeal.

oh cool...

giphy.gif

Maybe tomorrow?

Maximum database connection errors already. Huh. Also cool of them giving us the db user name the app uses in that error message.

FLD

I can second this. I double checked my achievements to make sure since it was a little while ago but I also played on the hardest difficulty and it was absolutely perfect.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fran Bow -- MB-5273565A77A0AF8B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 22 entrants total.
Shock Troopers -- MB-2B8EF81A970ED060 - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
1993 Space Machine -- MB-5F114B0397748C12 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Freddi Fish: Missing Kelp Seeds -- MB-7659905B6E9167E8 - Taken by Aurablade. 1 entrants total.
Metal Slug 2 -- MB-A043B49313212FBC - Taken by illusionary. 10 entrants total.
Crawl -- MB-EECC870BBEA0CB3F - Taken by chronomac. 4 entrants total.
Spy Fox in Dry Cereal -- MB-2A1696DB65252640 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Baseball Stars 2 -- MB-DB9CDE4B27B832B8 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Twinkle Star Sprites -- MB-93144E3A50B06ECC - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
Freddi Fish: Haunted Schoolhouse -- MB-4659E978872C7904 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt goes to the moon -- MB-60AC8939648D0E80 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Pajama Sam: No need to hide -- MB-94DA27E3CE09E3BF - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Putt-Putt joins the Parade -- MB-85A645B28F4AA53C - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1467669348z1.png

Nzyme32

There is a bit more that hard mode does but it would be spoilery to mention, suffice to say that I still think all of that is good vs the other options. Once you finish the game there is now a new harder difficulty. I haven't tried that yet though.

PaulSane

In case someone missed getting it for free, attempt #2 :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Limbo -- MB-D2B6328085F73303 - Taken by Tonton. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Limbo was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1467677293z1.png

shockdude

Oh hey it's July.
Last day of the sale means I finally get to buy things.

Undertale
Luftrausers
Crimzon Clover Arranged OST
Shmuper's Bundle (Revolution Ace & Particle Mace)
Bleed
Pony Island
Jets'n'Guns Gold

Only paid $3.96; the remaining $12.73 came from accumulated trading card sales. Whoo.
I started Undertale and I already feel bad. I'm looking forward to seeing how deep the hole goes.

Fitts

Noticed the other thread was locked and was referred to here. I don't visit the community side enough...

I added stuff to the wish list but didn't buy much. With what I already had to start/revisit and Mankind Divided looming I didn't want to build a deep backlog that I may never get to. After having it repeatedly come up in conversation in the last few years I finally got Dishonored. I'm not sure when I'll be starting it, though. I also grabbed The Room just because it always looked interesting and I've always wanted a puzzle box. (thanks in no small part to Twin Peaks) I'm sick right now and needed something casual to pass the time so I fired it up and blasted through it in a few hours. It's engaging and creative but short and lacking in any sort of replay value. I enjoyed it but I'm done forever. I'll grab the sequel when it's also $1.50.

I also gambled on Wreckfest. After considering stuff like the Flatout series, Burnout Paradise, and even some Dirt games none of them looked like they would scratch the itch. I know that buying into the game at this point is a risk, but I really want a new Destruction Derby and the Workshop support pushed me over the edge. I haven't tried it yet but may after dinner if I have the strength.

illusionary

I'm going to take this Steam sale as an excuse to try to get myself more involved in these thread... I've been (and still am) primarily a console gamer for a fair while now, but having bought myself a gaming-capable laptop (GTX 965M, so only modest, but good enough for me) I've taken fairly good advantage of the sale - I think it came to about £50 all-told - so now need to find time to play the new games!

Khilandros

I didn't buy much during the sale, only got Tabletop Simulator.

I am waiting for Megadimension Neptunia V II out July 5

I have a backlog of anime/jrpg games and NMS waiting for me...probably more games out during the summer as well, heh.

You guys weren't lying about fallout 4 and its bugs-glitches-issues.

I have had to fix being stuck with 22 fps way too many times already. What a mess.

I have had to fix being stuck with 22 fps way too many times already. What a mess.

I've never had that issue myself. In fact, it's the first time I read such issue. Is it a new bug introduced in recent patches or something?

Fitts

Put over 100 hours into it on my old 960. I encountered a few framerate dips, but nothing that low and it wasn't constant.

So how does a refunder find Garry's Mod, a non-game, too difficult?
It's a game about creating your own content, and if it's too complex to make your fun, then...

One reason I could never get into Garry's Mod or the creative side of LittleBigPlanet

Huh. Shogun 2 CTDs when I try to start it. Bizarre, considering it ran flawlessly on my old GPU. Wonder if it's a config issue.

(I am trying to do anything I can to sate my Total War lust and draw me away from the Total Warhammer DLCs.)

Zeeman

It's a game about creating your own content, and if it's too complex to make your fun, then...

One reason I could never get into Garry's Mod or the creative side of LittleBigPlanet

OK, this makes sense to me. Like in Mario Maker, the interface is simple, but I much prefer playing other people's levels because they're hard to make "fun" sometimes

illusionary

Oh, I meant to ask - would someone mind inviting me to the Steam group? I'm illusionary99 on Steam.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: joined now, much appreciated.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Feels good to be back in Community. Here's to hoping the Winter Sale is a bit more hype (not holding my breath though).

Wok

The Temporal Invasion should appear on Steam shortly:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/454220

The game is done by a dev who did an early access game with mixed reviews:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/444460

However, this time the dev is self-publishing his game, and most importantly putting it on sale at a 40% discount rate on Humble store (with Steam key):
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-temporal-invasion

No idea how good the game is though. I might bite if it is some kind of CSI game. Enhance!

Edit: Okay, the game is now on Steam too, with the same discount. It was not a few minutes ago.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evoland 2 -- MB-A8FFA74DE21C6C08 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.

evoland-2-logo-001-600x300.jpg

t1467669839z1.png

No store page yet, but 999 might make it this month.

Looking at the OP and this, this is THE MONTH OF GLORIOUS NIPPON'S TAKEOVER OF STEAM aint it?

Might try Under Night, but as I've said before a few other places, getting a niche Fighter is risky business no matter how damn great it is due to only finding a relictual, heavily-skilled multiplayer base to go with.

So Shogun 2 crashes if you have McAfee Web Advisor installed. I guess it's because of the horrible browser encyclopedia it has built into the game. Kinda weird, when Total Warhammer works just fine with the same system.

Oh well. Forced right into Total Warhammer's loving embrace.

mp1990

Banned
So conflicted on One Way Heroics: Licensed Edition.

It's like One Way Heroics 2... but it has replaced the great art and style for generic anime stuff. Also not sure if it has the online stuff that made OWH so fun.

:(

Uhhhh... I know that hating on anime is a meme here and all, but do you sincerely think that this:

looks better than this?

Different tastes and all, but I can't stand the art in the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom