• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
If you're asking if it's region-locked in any way other than the default setup that applies to literally everything, then no.

ok. I can't remember at the moment, but Europe <-> South America was a no go since the change right?

Well, it could've still been Rime Berta. #HopeForTiTS

yeah...I have to hold out some hope (because there isn't any other option now) but I'm just kinda fed up with it...guess that's just how it goes with sales, some work out and some don't

Why people here are talking about a companion app for MGSV?
Something I'm missing?

there's already a companion app for Ground Zeroes so I'm pretty sure there would be one for The Phantom Pain too

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rayman Origins is on sale for $2.50. Uplay free.

Anno 1404 should be on sale, but the US version, Dawn of Discovery, was never added to the Anno sub. Also Uplay free.

Ubi should deprecate DoD and make the Anno 1404 subs universal seeing as Anno has been Anno in the US since 2070 (as in 2070 the game, not the year ;)), but that'll probably never happen, so enjoy your full-price, region-specific games!

ok. I can't remember at the moment, but Europe <-> South America was a no go since the change right?

Not quite. It's covered in detail in the Summer Sale OP, but being in Germany you can gift games just fine.

Grief.exe

Any opinion on Anno 2070?

I tend to stay away from Uplay games, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Ubi should deprecate DoD and make the Anno 1404 subs universal seeing as Anno has been Anno in the US since 2070 (as in 2070 the game, not the year ;)), but that'll probably never happen, so enjoy your full-price, region-specific games!

So no way to trade for it with another region? You're far more experienced in this realm then myself.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Ori that good? I can't afford it right now but if it's worth that price maybe I can give up tomorrow's lunch money and buy it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So no way to trade for it with another region? You're far more experienced in this realm then myself.

The cheapest ROW region for DoD Gold is Canada at ~USD$7.38 (i.e. ~18% cheaper). Amusingly enough, that's a cheaper price than in South-east Asia (with the exception of Indonesia) and Eastern Europe.

Edit: Err, if I've misunderstood and you're asking about Anno 1404 Gold, you can get that from someone in the UK for approximately $4.75. Dr. Dogg lives there; hit him up.

garath

Hmm.. Good selection today. I'm intrigued by:

- Life is Strange
- Dead State
- Risen 3

Of those I'm probably leaning Risen 3 more.... Any thoughts? Life is Strange is a bit more than I'd want to pay since I'd want all 5 episodes but I may do it anyways.

DocSeuss

Okay, what's the deal? Stuff like Castlevania has been 50% off this whole time. So... it's on a flash sale at the price it's been all week. Wtf.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is the Deluxe Edition of Shadowrun that's on sale worth getting?

The reviews always turn me away from that, even though I'm a pretty big Shadowrun fan. It sounds like clunky multiplayer focused game, where I prefer the story driven single player ones. I think it's supposed to be inspired by the table top games, but it doesn't really sound like it's succeeding too well.

If you were thinking of the single player ones, Returns and Dragonfall...I'm not sure if they've been featured yet. I want to say they haven't, but maybe they were a first day daily?

milena87

Hmm.. Good selection today. I'm intrigued by:

- Life is Strange
- Dead State
- Risen 3

Of those I'm probably leaning Risen 3 more.... Any thoughts? Life is Strange is a bit more than I'd want to pay since I'd want all 5 episodes but I may do it anyways.

Buy Life is Strange from Nuuvem instead. You'll need a VPN, but it's less than Steam, around 10$ for the complete season.

baterism

I tend to stay away from Uplay games, but I've heard nothing but good things.

After skimming through review: TAGES, Solid Shield, Uplay, hardware fingerprinting.
Meh, looks who go leap and bound "protecting" their IP from dirty hands of pirates. And looks who rather spend his money on other things than this bundle of DRMs.

Nothing for me today. I just remember I fucking missed Phantom Breaker. I hope it return during encore.

Tizoc

Is Ori that good? I can't afford it right now but if it's worth that price maybe I can give up tomorrow's lunch money and buy it

Holy shit, you're back!

The reviews always turn me away from that, even though I'm a pretty big Shadowrun fan. It sounds like clunky multiplayer focused game, where I prefer the story driven single player ones. I think it's supposed to be inspired by the table top games, but it doesn't really sound like it's succeeding too well.

If you were thinking of the single player ones, Returns and Dragonfall...I'm not sure if they've been featured yet. I want to say they haven't, but maybe they were a first day daily?

I already have those 2 actually.
If this is multiplayer focused I guess I'll pass on it, figured it may have an SP element in it.

Sini

Super happy now that Ori and the Blind Forest went daily. Purchased it instantly! Now I only need those two Monkey Island games and I'm done.

DocSeuss

I want to buy Ori, Dead State, Grid, Shovel Knight, Titan Souls, Dying Light Season Pass, ARK, and Strider, but I spent my daily allotment on Hand of Fate. :(

Ah well, these deals are pretty bad.

It's pretty crazy that a shitty minigame can have such a big influence on the number of copies a game will sell in this sale. Don't really like it.

You're right, bring back the shitty community vote so we can see Blands and Alan Wake get on sale for the millionth time.

Out of 8 days, I think one sale was missed. I think that's pretty good. It was an 'anime' game anyway, so it's not like it's a huge loss.

Backlogger

I don't really want to buy anything today, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Arkham Oranges was on my buy list had the game and DLC been 80% off. I really thought that by now that game would have some type of "complete" edition and would be $5...

Ubisoft has gotten most of my money so far this sale.

Just passed 1 mil in room 45779!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom