• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is a *steal* at that discount. It's one of the most intuitive, easy to play wargames i've ever seen. Controls just make sense. You can actually choose the AI difficulty from a matrix (9 different AI profiles that vary from offensive-to-defensive and cautious-to-risky, sort of), and it "feels" surprisingly human and non-mechanical quite often. The graphics are really neat, with a sort of tilt-shift-y look to them. And the game adapts over the 3 days of Gettysburg; so on Day 1 you may choose to follow Advisor 1 who tells you that your main goal should be to hold X instead of Advisor 2 who urges you to press an attack on Y. If you pull off your goal, then you will get new different goals for Day 2 compared to the goals you would get if you failed.

I really can't recommend it highly enough.

how does it compare to BATTLEPLAN: CIVIL WAR or whatever I got in a bundle...

Can anyone confirm this? I've read on the Space Hulk:Ascension forum that owners of previous Space Hulk get 81% discount on ascension.
So, doing my calculations, if this is correct, buying the previous Space Hulk + Space Hulk:Ascension costs less than buying only Ascension. Is this correct?
It would be about 7€ for both (if the 81% is true and applies) vs 9€ for Ascension alone

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Was there a big sale that ended without one? I vaguely remember a big Steam sale that ended unexpectedly. But I could be misremembering.

The 2012 Winter Sale ended without an encore as it was slightly delayed to act as a Weekend Deals replacement.

derExperte

Can anyone confirm this? I've read on the Space Hulk:Ascension forum that owners of previous Space Hulk get 81% discount on ascension.
So, doing my calculations, if this is correct, buying the previous Space Hulk + Space Hulk:Ascension costs less than buying only Ascension. Is this correct?
It would be about 7€ for both (if the 81% is true and applies) vs 9€ for Ascension alone

That's correct, as I said on the last page I got Asc. for 81% while others without the fist SH are only seeing 66%.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do any of the EU4 addons improve the base game noticeably?

Yes, Wealth of Nation improves the trading game, Art of War and Common Sense the military and diplomatic game. IMO all non-cosmetics addons (expansions) are worth getting

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for trailmix16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

interstellar marines -- MB-40790897F101CF3E - Taken by Jazz573

That's correct, as I said on the last page I got Asc. for 81% while others without the fist SH are only seeing 66%.

I assume it's not a "timed" thing? Like "if you had space hulk when ascension was released you get the discount". If I buy the first now, it should unlock the discount right?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just abandon'd ship. I'm in 47100 now. Same as Grief.exe I believe.

He was talking shit earlier, now let's see if HE made the right choice.

47100 seems to have lots of trolls using wormholes exactly before x00 :/

But it's still going at a steady pace at least, soon 2 mil.

Werd

Ultimate General: Gettysburg is a *steal* at that discount. It's one of the most intuitive, easy to play wargames i've ever seen. Controls just make sense. You can actually choose the AI difficulty from a matrix (9 different AI profiles that vary from offensive-to-defensive and cautious-to-risky, sort of), and it "feels" surprisingly human and non-mechanical quite often. The graphics are really neat, with a sort of tilt-shift-y look to them. And the game adapts over the 3 days of Gettysburg; so on Day 1 you may choose to follow Advisor 1 who tells you that your main goal should be to hold X instead of Advisor 2 who urges you to press an attack on Y. If you pull off your goal, then you will get new different goals for Day 2 compared to the goals you would get if you failed.

I really can't recommend it highly enough.

My problem with the Total War games is that I wanted to play a campaign, but I really just could not get into the empire building overworld stage.

Is this mostly just the battles? Love the aesthetic.

Arthea

btw if you guys with a lot of WH wanna join my room (I couldn't join any other, better, was getting or error or room is full), I would be thankful, because my WH won't last another hour and we not gonna make it, as my room seems to be short on WH in general.
Thanks in advance whoever will join.

Get out of my room boss.

We are coming up on 2 million though, and it started an hour late. I'm feeling this one.

no way this makes 100mil. Skipping past too many X00 rooms and when do get one, the jumps are around 70k. Sitting on 33k Wormholes right now. Hoping the trolls run out.

Arthea

Are you absolutely sure? because during sales it's linked to sales thread.
Please, someone who knows tell me how it is!

no way this makes 100mil. Skipping past too many X00 rooms and when do get one, the jumps are around 70k. Sitting on 33k Wormholes right now. Hoping the trolls run out.

come to my room pretty please! those 33K WH would be so nice to have here

Lain

I have the first Space Hulk but Ascension is only 66% off for me.

t8BkLBO.png

So Salty

iosefe

the winner will have to add me on Steam if i don't already have them
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-9B1D643F1818E5F3 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.

t1434738669z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom