• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
142 cards left to idle ....

This is gonna take a while .

latest

The Lego Jurassic World OT is going to be simple and to the point. Hopefully no one minds.

LEGO Jurassic World |OT| Hold On To Your Blocks

Thorgal

One another note i decided to use the cash i already had made from cards to buy Fallout 1.

Are there any mods i would need or feel like should be essential or anything else i should know ?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
One another note i decided to use the cash i already had made from cards to buy Fallout 1.

Are there any mods i would need or feel like should be essential or anything else i should know ?

Outside of Widescreen and Windows 8 fixes? Nothing really. Just go in knowing it's a P&P RPG and not an Elderscroll's Mod like Oblivion with Guns 3.

zkylon

zkylewd

resolution mod: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_1_High_Resolution_Patch
restoration mod: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Restoration_Mod

personally i prefer playing on low res because things become super tiny when you amp it to like 1920x1200 but i think fo1 capped at 800x600 so at least 1280x1024 is pretty nice

restoration mod is not needed but there are some cool things in there. if you never played fallout you might be ok with the game without this mod tho

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ooh ok thats good to hear. do chest still appear empty if other people loot them? that was a really annoying issue during the beta that apparently wasn't addressed when the full game launched.

They recently revamped that whole system a few months ago with their "justice update". So basically, most individual containers in towns and things are instanced individually to your character. So unlike in the beta where resources were scarce, now there are plenty of things to open and loot that don't affect anyone else's enjoyment of looting the same containers. I believe that instanced dungeons (for a party of players, for example) this isn't the case - but in towns and out in the wilderness it's definitely all yours and you can take it without making others mad.

The trick is that a lot of the containers in towns and things are now "owned" so if you loot them and take the stuff (and get caught), the guards will want to have a word with you.

thanks !

And oops i thought stump made it instead of Jshackles .

Or maybe Jshackles is secretly Stumps Alt account when he descends from Modhood to secretly walk amongst us lowly member mortals ! dun dun duun,

Stump originally posted the initial python script that eventually go reworked into the first version of Idle Master after we talked about it a bit on here. ;)

Tizoc

Lately Idle Master would only be able to cause 1 card to drop afterwards it would keep trying every 5 minutes but no progress is done.
Should I get the latest ver. of it? I hadn't updated in months :X

They recently revamped that whole system a few months ago with their "justice update". So basically, most individual containers in towns and things are instanced individually to your character. So unlike in the beta where resources were scarce, now there are plenty of things to open and loot that don't affect anyone else's enjoyment of looting the same containers. I believe that instanced dungeons (for a party of players, for example) this isn't the case - but in towns and out in the wilderness it's definitely all yours and you can take it without making others mad.

The trick is that a lot of the containers in towns and things are now "owned" so if you loot them and take the stuff (and get caught), the guards will want to have a word with you.
ooh thats great so its basically now like any other Bethesda game except you can choose to play with others. but if i do go into a dungeon as a solo player the chests in the cave could be empty cause other players exploring looted them? thats really lame if true, i understand if you're doing it with a party but it shouldn't work like that if I'm solo

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ooh thats great so its basically now like any other Bethesda game except you can choose to play with others. but if i do go into a dungeon as a solo player the chests in the cave could be empty cause other players exploring looted them? thats really lame if true, i understand if you're doing it with a party but it shouldn't work like that if I'm solo

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant that if you're in a "group dungeon" and one of your party members loots a chest you can't also loot that chest. The "boss chest" at the end of the dungeon has treasure that's specifically assigned to you.

If you're running that dungeon solo you get all the loot from everything. It doesn't matter if others are running the same dungeon or not - they're in their own instance.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I got my 400~ cards down to 55 during the last week. But selling them is the real hassle.

That's the slowest part. So many clicks and numbers needing to be entered, when each card is worth less than 5 cents on average. I haven't sold a good chunk of my inventory because it's too much tedium. I could probably make it through if I did small bits over several days, but I surely have 20+ more games that had cards added to them since I last broke the "No games left to idle" barrier which is only gonna compound this some more.

I mean, it's still free money! But it is annoying to deal with when you have a ton of cards in the queue.

zkylon

zkylewd
It was pretty for good for some lesser known games. Made about 90% off !

like any of the crap that steam makes these days, it does nothing but remind me how valve has replaced the fun achievement hunting sale adventures with cynical money-grabbing shit for most ppl to waste their time on and for the few with already a billion games to get even more

like any of the crap that steam makes these days, it does nothing but remind me how valve has replaced the fun achievement hunting sale adventures with cynical money-grabbing shit for most ppl to waste their time on and for the few with already a billion games to get even more
I enjoy stuff like game auctions a lot more than adventure stuff which is useless for me. At least I have the opportunity to get games for great prices instead of a useless badge.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam's doing the whole "Sorry, I know you want to visit your badge page, but I'm going to redirect you to your main profile page instead" thing again. I had thought those days were behind me. The issue also seems to trigger a crash in Idle Master, unsurprisingly... although that being said, I hadn't tried running it until now, so the cause could be something else.

zkylon

zkylewd
I enjoy stuff like game auctions a lot more than adventure stuff which is useless for me. At least I have the opportunity to get games for great prices instead of a useless badge.
i don't care about the badge, but i loved installing tons of games and seeing what special things they had added for christmas/potato thing that one time

much more fun imo

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant that if you're in a "group dungeon" and one of your party members loots a chest you can't also loot that chest. The "boss chest" at the end of the dungeon has treasure that's specifically assigned to you.

If you're running that dungeon solo you get all the loot from everything. It doesn't matter if others are running the same dungeon or not - they're in their own instance.

ooh EXCELLENT!! so i can fully play this game solo without having to worry about other players or play with friends if i so choose. hows the pvp, do you like it or still didn't try it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Portal 2 early release ARG was a ton of fun, even though it ended on a somewhat sour note. I hope something similar is being planned for L4D3.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't think we'll see that awesome level of developer involvement since it required so many dev teams taking time out from their normal work to make some new content for old games. Some weren't as extensive as others in the content they produced, but I have to wonder if Valve and developers both agreed that the amount of work it took didn't pay off for everyone in the end.

I'd love to see that again over the card-centric "metagames" of the past few sales. The auction was a neat addition but was ultimately still pretty lame compared to what we once had. Ah, the glory days~

jshackles

ooh EXCELLENT!! so i can fully play this game solo without having to worry about other players or play with friends if i so choose. hows the pvp, do you like it or still didn't try it?

I haven't done any of the PvP stuff yet, but I guess it takes place in Cyrodiil (which is kinda cool if you're an Oblivion fan) and gives you rankings and access to certain shops/markets and such. It looks cool but I've not done it personally - there is so much content in this game it's borderline overwhelming. I've played for about 25 hours total so far and haven't got my overall progress bar past 1%.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh I wasn't there when that happened. Sounds cool actually.
yeah basically a ton of games got special achievements added to them that you had to unlock to get a badge

these achievements were usually paired with new missions or modes or whatever, which meant you found yourself installing tons of games you never played and trying them out

most of the games you quickly forgot about but i found, say, rusty hearts, which i ended up playing with a friend for a couple months and i dunno, the whole thing was just fun

even if it was like always a ploy to make ppl spend money, at least it was a fun ploy that wasn't just alternate ways of buying shit

SSPssp

Same for me. I preordered it last night for $2.50. Does that mean I get the $4 games as well?

I assume you've probably checked already, but yes, pre-orders always get the full bundle on Groupees. If you don't, they'll fix it. (They screwed up once, but automatically fixed it for everyone after an hour or so.)

yeah basically a ton of games got special achievements added to them that you had to unlock to get a badge

these achievements were usually paired with new missions or modes or whatever, which meant you found yourself installing tons of games you never played and trying them out

most of the games you quickly forgot about but i found, say, rusty hearts, which i ended up playing with a friend for a couple months and i dunno, the whole thing was just fun

even if it was like always a ploy to make ppl spend money, at least it was a fun ploy that wasn't just alternate ways of buying shit
Oh wow. That is not only dependent on Valve but the actual devs have to modify their games. Sounds interesting, like Playfire in a way.

Xando

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but for some reason steam thought my PC is a new system and i had to log in again. Locked out of the community market for 7 days now, is there any way to get this lifted earlier?

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh wow. That is not only dependent on Valve but the actual devs have to modify their games. Sounds interesting, like Playfire in a way.

yup, it was awesome and prolly not worth the effort for them

but you know it's one of those things that old valve would do that were genuinely fun and crazy

Anteater

i'm not really following alan wake's story

i'm going to have to ask my friend to explain this shit to me

and they really tried making an open world game, i enabled the free cam and the map is pretty huge with some placeholders here and there

Hektor

The Portal 2 early release ARG was a ton of fun, even though it ended on a somewhat sour note. I hope something similar is being planned for L4D3.

Yeah, that was really cool. I think that was the first time i bought games i had absolutely no interest in, just for that arg. 1000 would soon follow. Thats probably nothing in comparison to you guys tho.

Ciri is so fun to play as

If those sections just wouldnt be so goddamn short.

Volimar

I haven't done any of the PvP stuff yet, but I guess it takes place in Cyrodiil (which is kinda cool if you're an Oblivion fan) and gives you rankings and access to certain shops/markets and such. It looks cool but I've not done it personally - there is so much content in this game it's borderline overwhelming. I've played for about 25 hours total so far and haven't got my overall progress bar past 1%.

Have they added controller support yet?

zkylon

zkylewd
I hear that a lot, I mean "good old Valve" but did they really change much? In main personnel they are mostly the same I guess.
i mean, i don't think valve changed all that much, it's more like they have a few bad habits that they never corrected and it makes you a bit jaded when you see them do the same shit over and over again

not gonna pretend everything was magical a couple years ago or that everything is shit now, i bet valve is awesome if u like doto, but i've personally lost a lot of love for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom