• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

I got my 400~ cards down to 55 during the last week. But selling them is the real hassle.
The Chrome extension "Steam inventory helper" allows for the automation of selling. You can just highlight all your cards in inventory and sell at market value (or add/subtract from it). Was able to put up my 400 cards in just a couple minutes.

Benedict

The Chrome extension "Steam inventory helper" allows for the automation of selling. You can just highlight all your cards in inventory and sell at market value (or add/subtract from it). Was able to put up my 400 cards in just a couple minutes.

That sounds like witchcraft...

That's the slowest part. So many clicks and numbers needing to be entered, when each card is worth less than 5 cents on average. I haven't sold a good chunk of my inventory because it's too much tedium. I could probably make it through if I did small bits over several days, but I surely have 20+ more games that had cards added to them since I last broke the "No games left to idle" barrier which is only gonna compound this some more.

I mean, it's still free money! But it is annoying to deal with when you have a ton of cards in the queue.

Selling was the easy part. Took me a couple days to sell 500 or so, and a week-and-a-half to idle for them.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Selling was the easy part. Took me a couple days to sell 500 or so, and a week-and-a-half to idle for them.

One of them is being super lazy and letting a program cycle you through your library while you eat, sleep, work, and do your unmilamberables.

The other is a lot of clicking and number inserting. I know I spent a lot of time in FM2012, but still!

Easy money though, just a bit of tedium.

Thorgal

Ooh got to try that out * speeds offscreen cartoon-style.

One of them is being super lazy and letting a program cycle you through your library while you eat, sleep, work, and do your unmilamberables.

The other is a lot of clicking and number inserting. I know I spent a lot of time in FM2012, but still!

Easy money though, just a bit of tedium.

Eh, I just don't like waiting for a long time. It was far easier for me to sell them all in one shot, even if it took three hours.

titch

I'm adding a "Get Help" button to the store pages with Enhanced Steam.

Clicking this will take you directly to the help.steampowered.com page for that game, since the help interface and search can be a bit troublesome to navigate for games that aren't the last 4-5 you've played.

Anyway, from this link you'll be able to do stuff like request technical assistance or a refund.

Awesome more ESteam greatness!!!

There's a 'Drunk' thread in Community. So I see a lock and someone getting junior'd in the near future.

If your drunk and able to find and post in the drunk thread then surely you aint drunk enough to be posting in the drunk thread?

Zkylon - reading your posts made me want to play La Mulana!!!! i dont know whether to thank you or hate you!!!!!

Copons

Goddamn Barcelona, how many more times you need to win the Champions League until your thirst is satisfied?
We needed this to get the treble, but nooo, you really had to be as smug as always. :'(
I'll never go to Primavera Sound again or something something something.

Salsa

CGu2x0-UgAAefGK.jpg

goat

$

derExperte

neymar takin the last uefa goal from suarez

some bs

Suacunt won't care, going by how he acted towards the end he's probably died of internal bleeding or something by now.

Goddamn Barcelona, how many more times you need to win the Champions League until your thirst is satisfied?
We needed this to get the treble, but nooo, you really had to be as smug as always. :'(
I'll never go to Primavera Sound again or something something something.

They'll be salty as long as they haven't caught up with Real. So basically forever.

But man, Juve was so much better than I thought they would be, had some proper chances while Barca looked more sloppy than usual. But then they opened up unnecessarily and the 2:1 happened. Still wasn't over, chances until the end, one of the better finals
without Bayern
I've seen.

i mean, i don't think valve changed all that much, it's more like they have a few bad habits that they never corrected and it makes you a bit jaded when you see them do the same shit over and over again

not gonna pretend everything was magical a couple years ago or that everything is shit now, i bet valve is awesome if u like doto, but i've personally lost a lot of love for them
Yeah, I understand you. Kinda glad I never tend to build an emotional connection with companies. Really weird seeing people like that.

Just today I read someone being glad Sony is pulling through with being a major advertiser at football.

I mean, what? Do you have all your money in Sony stocks? You work at Sony? Why in the world would you think like that, haha.
Football is boring as fuck to watch.
Great fun to play.
Amazing to make money out of.
Daaaamn son. That final was one of the better football matches.
But hey, it's taste, so not really arguable. I mean, some weird people enjoy watching baseball, heh. Just imagine!
neymar takin the last uefa goal from suarez

some bs
I hate that smug piece of shit Suarez so much.

No class whatsoever.

Eurofootball discussion has a moratorium on it right now so y'all better find a way to make that stuff about football manager before they start using the ban stick in here

Edit- never mind, it finally got lifted. Talk about fake football all you like.

I haven't done any of the PvP stuff yet, but I guess it takes place in Cyrodiil (which is kinda cool if you're an Oblivion fan) and gives you rankings and access to certain shops/markets and such. It looks cool but I've not done it personally - there is so much content in this game it's borderline overwhelming. I've played for about 25 hours total so far and haven't got my overall progress bar past 1%.
alright, game sounds fun, i hope it gets a nice price cut :) are there different servers or is it just 1 big server? if theres more than one which one are you in so I can join that one, at least I'll automatically have 1 friend that way

Just as a heads-up, this is most likely in violation of the market's TOS. I recall there being rules against any kind of automated system interacting with the market (mainly to prevent the usage of arbitrage bots) and using something like this can get you in trouble.

I seem to remember the creator of one of the arbitrage bots lost everything in his inventory (inventories?) and was restricted from further market use (whether it was permanent or temporary, I'm not sure).

You probably won't get nailed, but I figured I'd mention it before people flock to that extension.

derExperte

just killed this mech worm dude, bionic commando is the goty

Anteater is my favorite poster in SteamGAF and I approve of this message.

Since top of the page: PLAY MORE BIONIC COMMANDO. Doesn't matter if it's the 3D or 2D version(s), they're all good.

Darkroronoa

Nah, selling the cards is not hard, it just takes time.
But i am thinking that when the sale starts people might want to craft badges to get cards for the sale badge, and that may cause te card prices to rise. So should i sell all of them before the sale starts? :/

GaussTek

Spare from BM20:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Z.A.R. -- MB-591A3D7E7904F682 - Taken by nja

derExperte

Nah, selling the cards is not hard, it just takes time.
But i am thinking that when the sale starts people might want to craft badges to get cards for the sale badge, and that may cause te card prices to rise. So should i sell all of them before the sale starts? :/

Everyone's doing that already and the market limitations will make things complicated. No one knows, sell one half now, sell the rest later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
alright, game sounds fun, i hope it gets a nice price cut :) are there different servers or is it just 1 big server? if theres more than one which one are you in so I can join that one, at least I'll automatically have 1 friend that way

As far as I know, there's just one big server. I'll log in here a bit and check, but I didn't have to choose a realm or anything when creating my character.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I understand you. Kinda glad I never tend to build an emotional connection with companies. Really weird seeing people like that.

Just today I read someone being glad Sony is pulling through with being a major advertiser at football.

I mean, what? Do you have all your money in Sony stocks? You work at Sony? Why in the world would you think like that, haha.
i mean, it's less of an emotional thing and more of missing the cool shit they did

tho valve in particular felt like a really amazing company to look up to because of how forward thinking they were about level design and shit

So, I apparently got another copy of Pillars of Eternity today.

I am going to sell it, but then I thought: there are three copies in here: Mac, Win, Linux. I could sell this fucker three times.

Is Axiom Verge capped at 60 FPS? Trying to decide whether to get it on the PS4 where I'd get a vita version as well or on steam. If it's framerate capped than it probably doesn't matter given resolution shouldn't make a difference with the game right?

Jawmuncher

Anteater is my favorite poster in SteamGAF and I approve of this message.

Since top of the page: PLAY MORE BIONIC COMMANDO. Doesn't matter if it's the 3D or 2D version(s), they're all good.

I agree Bionic Commando and Rearmed don't get enough love. Actually got the platinum back in the day.

Nabs

Bionic Commando is surprisingly fun in multiplayer with friends. The hook + mouse feel amazing together.

Rearmed is a beast. I love that thing. I do wish it had some online co-op.

This game looks like the worst trash. Gotta raffle it, before it soils my library.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pier Solar -- MB-FD877FF0042719AF - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 5 entrants total.

t1433629899z1.png

I already got it.

I see I missed the Bionic Commando Pack being on sale a couple weeks ago. Should I wait for the Steam sale coming up or get them on the Uplay Store for $2.50 each?

Played some Sub Rosa alpha wtih the reddit crew tonight. People are just making up their own game modes and picking teams like in gym class. The community is really small, there was over a dozen of us tonight and this was one of the busier nights. It's hard visualising what the 1.0 release will be this year. It still feels so early but it has a lot of promise.

i mean, it's less of an emotional thing and more of missing the cool shit they did

tho valve in particular felt like a really amazing company to look up to because of how forward thinking they were about level design and shit
Oh I wasn't meaning you with my post about emotionally attached to companies, just you know.
Makes sense what you wrote.
Game header image sounds most specific. Thanks!
I should mention though that for the game images in the client at grid view, the name Grid Icon is more appropriate. Source: OP :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom