• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
#ScreenshotSaturday

YYg4nLR.png

This Saturday is a bit different from previous Saturdays. Rather than a screenshot of the game, we’ll be giving you a different sort of glimpse into the game with a small snippet of the game’s OST!

The composer behind this piece is none other than GAF’s NightmareTrigger! An award-winning film composition student, lately he’s found himself enjoying working on audio for game projects as well. His ability to capture mood and deliver nuanced audio has been a huge blessing for the game, and we’re really happy to have him on board!

Feel free to check out his other works on Bandcamp. See you all again soon <3

This post is also available on the new tumblr I made. I'll be tweeting all large posts from this blog so don't worry about missing out on some behind the scenes stuff if you're already following me on twitter!
Just came around checking out the music. It sounds really great and professional! NightmareTrigger surely is a talented musician!

i wish the games i wanted(this sale being mainly ESO) just went on sale the first day. the games i want never go on sale around the beginning, its always around the middle or end :mad:

people seemed to want this one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for outunderthestars:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-F647DBBE65F65EE5 - Taken by Pakkidis. 6 entrants total.

t1433632238z1.png

That's what everyone says every year.
They never follow through.

I have a way to endure this rule, I put what I think is enough money on my Steam wallet and once the money ends I don't buy anything unless I make more money by selling the seasonal cards.

Arthea

Meanwhile on greenlight

selling point of this platformer seems to be hilarity and custom made levels

I could have sworn that this game already was on greenlight, or maybe I've seen it somewhere else, looks great and hack&slash seems to be fun too

even more labours of Hercules

quite... the shoot'em up right here

Lookie what's on greenlight, I hope all of you remember it, I surely do

part 2 incoming, don't wanna make too long post

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Upvoted Fishing Simulator. I love fishing in games but they never go in depth. The more fishing games that get supported the greater chance of us getting something like Fishing Resort for Wii but more realistic.

BTW there is also this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520

Kagemusha

The winter auction began 3 days before sale. So Monday could be start of auction.

Gog will have new sale selection in about 45 minutes.

Hmm, The Lost Pisces looks interesting, let's check out what that's about!

The human being connects to characters. It's through characters that we relate to a story. And so we wanted to make a character that you'd fall in love with... because she grows to understand you.

So...it's Milo in hot chick form?

The Lost Pisces plans to take you, the gamer, on an experimental journey unlike any other. The AI Pisces will exhibit is something different… an artistic approach to intelligence. One which uses your emotions and reactions to take her next steps.

This sounds a lot like a walking simulator...

Through the magic of the Kinect

Aaaaand we're done here.

Duck Game is pretty rad if you haven't looked at it, giant bomb played it on the latest UPF. I'm just glad I can finally play one of the 4 player one hit kill games online.

totally, I don't know what devs even think while not including one, can it even be called a game without fishing?

Just imagine, you're playing FM2016 and the team is having a bad season so you take your player to concentrate while fishing. Or imagine it in CKIII, you take that NPC to a fishing session and kill it because it was an awesome plot made by you or you can just take someone from your court and create stronger bound through fishing.

Think about what you're asking for, here.

LIqbnXA.png

Back in the day I enjoyed these sections :D

Jazz573

Hey SteamGAF (well the portion of you into VNs), the kickstarter for Memory's Dogma from LizArts and sekaiproject has been funded. This is relevant to Steam because the game is on greenlight. As a backer, I admit I am a little biased but it would be really nice if you guys could help it get on to Steam. Btw the game is all-ages for those of you bothered by sexual content. The game is digital, however if they reach 45k they will make a limited physical edition. At five thousand they are making a physical OST. At 60k they will add full Japanese voice acting, and at the 100k mark they'll be making additional animated cutscenes.

Jawmuncher

Hey SteamGAF (well the portion of you into VNs), the kickstarter for Memory's Dogma from LizArts and sekaiproject has been funded. This is relevant to Steam because the game is on greenlight. As a backer, I admit I am a little biased but it would be really nice if you guys could help it get on to Steam. Btw the game is all-ages for those of you bothered by sexual content. The game is digital, however if they reach 45k they will make a limited physical edition. At five thousand they are making a physical OST. At 60k they will add full Japanese voice acting, and at the 100k mark they'll be making additional animated cutscenes.

Looks good, thanks for the heads up.
99cfa8e08a60d800fa05ccvuxt.jpg

Arthea

remember when I said you to stay tuned for more impressions of

here comes more:
The game is very zen, extremely so even, it is a slow game, and not getting results you expected can be frustrating somewhat, but even with that, it is so relaxing. Who could have thought that making stars, nebulae and constellations can be so soothing and fun together.
It's a pity so little people bought it.
As I said already I like the art style quite a bit too, it's a pity steam overlay isn't working, though, so no screenshots in activity feed, but it is very original and worthy game.

but we all upvoted it! I surely did.

remember when I said you to stay tuned for more impressions of

here comes more:
The game is very zen, extremely so even, it is a slow game, and not getting results you expected can be frustrating somewhat, but even with that, it is so relaxing. Who could have thought that making stars, nebulae and constellations can be so soothing and fun together.
It's a pity so little people bought it.
As I said already I like the art style quite a bit too, it's a pity steam overlay isn't working, though, so no screenshots in activity feed, but it is very original and worthy game.
I hope it does well, but I've gotta admit it's too zen for me.

Jazz573

Looks good, thanks for the heads up.
99cfa8e08a60d800fa05ccvuxt.jpg

I'm think sekaiproject is trying their best to have the English version release simultaneously with the Japanese release, or at least within close proximity. It's not supposed to release until December of next year, so it's still quite a long way off.

Arthea

Just imagine, you're playing FM2016 and the team is having a bad season so you take your player to concentrate while fishing. Or imagine it in CKIII, you take that NPC to a fishing session and kill it because it was an awesome plot made by you or you can just take someone from your court and create stronger bound through fishing.

Back in the day I enjoyed these sections :D

I like the way you think!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Upvoted the day the greenlight page went live, though unable to contribute financially since I've currently got nothin but air in my wallet!

So which of the backers would get the physical edition?

Btw. concerning VNs I wish there would be more "Simulation" or JRPG VNs out on Steam. I mean maybe all ages versions of Eushully Games or Aliceproject games (though somehow the sexual content of some of those are too much to cut).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom