• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

So which of the backers would get the physical edition?

Right now if you have pledged $250 you'll automatically have it included when it reaches 45k, however after that you'll be able to include as an addon, for much cheaper than $250. It seems a little strange that people who pledge $250 get it automatically, and others have to add it themselves. I'm probably going to lower my pledge when the hit 45k, and just add it as an addon.

Btw. concerning VNs I wish there would be more "Simulation" or JRPG VNs out on Steam. I mean maybe all ages versions of Eushully Games or Aliceproject games (though somehow the sexual content of some of those are too much to cut).

Sorry to correct you but it's Alice Soft not Aliceproject. You're forgiven though. ;)

Bought Arc the moment I read "physics enabled defecation" in the OT. Hopefully the game can live up to that potential.

I've started to buy games I have no time for again, beginning to realize there's no end to it as much as I think I'm turning over a new leaf. Still not sure how I stopped smoking :p

Right now if you have pledged $250 you'll automatically have it included when it reaches 45k, however after that you'll be able to include as an addon, for much cheaper than $250. It seems a little strange that people who pledge $250 get it automatically, and others have to add it themselves. I'm probably going to lower my pledge when the hit 45k, and just add it as an addon.

Sorry to correct you but it's Alice Soft not Aliceproject. You're forgiven though. ;)

Oh. Alicesoft. Right ;)

But thats expensive. I mean I paid 40$ to get the Clannad physical edition which now inlcudes an OST and some other goodies.

Jazz573

Oh. Alicesoft. Right ;)

But thats expensive. I mean I paid 40$ to get the Clannad physical edition which now inlcudes an OST and some other goodies.

Well when they hit the 45k mark, you won't have to pay that much. I'm not sure how much they plan to charge, but you'll probably be able to add it later through backerkit, and it will probably be a few months before the lockdown date anyways. That's how it worked for Grisaia at least.

There's some guy on the visual novel subreddit who seems to think he needs to complain about the release date. He posted in the first update thread about it, and in the second one he did the same after people already explained it to him. Of course, he's been getting nothing but downvotes. Some people are just so ungrateful. Oh well, not really my problem though. I really hope if he continues to do it the mods will do the right thing and ban him, because it's actually kind of annoying.

Mr. Doop

Think about what you're asking for, here.

LIqbnXA.png

Big is awesome don't be hatin'

I didn't beat it on PC, but that ending for episode 3 of Life is Strange was insane. It was so good and can't wait for next episode.

I hope it goes on sale during the summer sale, so I can double dip.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I didn't beat it on PC, but that ending for chapter 3 of Life is Strange was insane.

I hope it goes on sale during the summer sale, so I can double dip.

I just introduced a friend to Life is Strange the other day, watching them react in real time as everything in episodes 1 - 3 happens rapid-fire has been both entertaining and completely heartbreaking.

Lain

Aw man, I had a chance to buy that during the GOG sale and I failed.

Forgive my sins, SteamGAF.

You almost spent money on GOG instead of Steam?
Fine, I'll forgive you this time, but you'd better get the game on Steam next time and stop cheating on Steam with some cheap skank like GOG.

You almost spent money on GOG instead of Steam?
Fine, I'll forgive you this time, but you'd better get the game on Steam next time and stop cheating on Steam with some cheap skank like GOG.

Steam -- you'll develop Stockholm Syndrome with customer support.

I willingly spent $2 on Bad Rats cards to complete the badge. That was probably twice the budget of the game, so in a way, I`m just as responsible for BR2 as the rest of you.

donny2112

Wonder if Steam will ever sell mobile games. They do seem to be forethinkers, so they're probably not opposed to that direction. The existing competitive space may be offputting for them, though. Just thinking how the Steam mobile app lets you see the sales, vote, etc., but you can't play games through it.

Grief.exe

But on GOG I'd have gotten Sim City 2000 for free.

Valve would never give away Sim City 2000 for free.

I'm kind of sad that I missed that. Would have been a great nostalgia trip.

Anyone play sim ant back in the day? I wonder where we can get that game as it is likely abandonware at this point.

simant_2.png

Speaking of missing out, I feel bad for people who didn't manage to snag a copy of Deadpool before it got pulled. It's been an absolute blast so far.

It's nice when we get some warning and can track down another digital store front that still carries keys.

This. Tough, don't blame GoG. Blame yourself or God Origin.
Don't blame Valve. Blame yourself or GOG.

I'm kind of sad that I missed that. Would have been a great nostalgia trip.

Anyone play sim ant back in the day? I wonder where we can get that game as it is likely abandonware at this point.

simant_2.png

The promotion is still going on.
Spend a dollar during the sale and you'll get Sim City 2000; spend $20 and you'll get STALKER: Clear Sky; spend $50 and you'll get Xenonauts. And best of all it's cumulative during the entire sale, meaning you needn't hit the threshold all at once. It's a great promotion, honestly.
games.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom