• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Don't blame Valve. Blame yourself or GOG.

The promotion is still going on.
Spend a dollar during the sale and you'll get Sim City 2000; spend $20 and you'll get STALKER: Clear Sky; spend $50 and you'll get Xenonauts. And best of all it's cumulative during the entire sale, meaning you needn't hit the threshold all at once. It's a great promotion, honestly.

Can you give away the codes? I already have Sim City 2000 so I have a spare GOG code.

Can you give away the codes? I already have Sim City 2000 so I have a spare GOG code.

Yup:

Every summer adventure needs something special, that's why this year you can earn up to three games for free during the sale! Just do your thing, and the more you spend, the more free stuff you'll get! Regardless of whether you own the game or not, you'll receive a giftable code via email so you can redeem it yourself - or share it with a friend.

And they also have a promotion going on with the Witcher 3's Expansion Pass, which gives a free copy of Witcher 1 & 2 with the purchase. That's $20 down.

Embrace the No-DRM Revolution, SteamGAF.

Lol at Tonya's main fatality in MKX
307780_2015-06-06_000mtr9l.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone play sim ant back in the day? I wonder where we can get that game as it is likely abandonware at this point.

simant_2.png

I've played a little bit of the SNES version of SimAnt before. A remake or re-release on GOG or Steam would be nice, I remember having fun with the short time I spent with the game.

I'm not much of a PC gamer (hope to change that later this summer when I buy a nice rig), but I bought Fallout 3 on sale this weekend and I can't figure out how to make it work. Any time I try to launch it, I can get to the main menu and select things there, but when I try to select new game I get a black screen and a message saying that something is preventing it from launching.

I've deleted the game and reinstalled it but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

I'm not much of a PC gamer (hope to change that later this summer when I buy a nice rig), but I bought Fallout 3 on sale this weekend and I can't figure out how to make it work. Any time I try to launch it, I can get to the main menu and select things there, but when I try to select new game I get a black screen and a message saying that something is preventing it from launching.

I've deleted the game and reinstalled it but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_3#Game_crashes_randomly
This fix is a must for modern systems.

Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 are pretty much owned by everyone at this point.
They've never been free, but you can usually get the Steam versions for <$5 each.
Giving out free stuff that's been dirt cheap before isn't really a bonus.

CDPR can look forward to my purchase of the expansion pass on Steam when it is discounted at some point and I'm ready to actually play the game (pending a video card upgrade, whenever that is).

Yakkue

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vanguard Princess Lilith -- MB-1039FBCDB679B233 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess Hilda Rize -- MB-DACD3489A215FDB3 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
MORNINGSTAR: DESCENT TO DEADROCK -- MB-E63C481CDA1A3C87 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Windforge -- MB-69C4F18FEC912795 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-2C5E510E0C88A119 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 1 entrants total.
PIER SOLAR AND THE GREAT ARCHITECTS -- MB-55D6133E16F4A844 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Z.A.R. -- MB-CCC7DE69BD49694E - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
HEKTOR -- MB-3B0450B172B6382A - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1433651439z1.png

Kuroyume

Banned
Valve made tradings cards just a colossal pain in the ass. Not only is the trading within the steam client clunkier now, but now you have to do email confirmations to complete trades? So stupid.

So im curious, did they update the story mode model of tonya with the new one or is it still the cave woman looking one? pretty weird that there would be 2 versions of her in the game.

Valve made tradings cards just a colossal pain in the ass. Not only is the trading within the steam client clunkier now, but now you have to do email confirmations to complete trades? So stupid.

as someone who recently got into hearthstone, you know what would be cool(but like really, really,REALLY hard to do)? if they somehow made steam cards into a playable trading card game. they got a bunch of games with a bunch of cards so they could make it a simple one like gwent or something, no reason to make it complex like yu gi oh and shit

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wonder if Steam will ever sell mobile games. They do seem to be forethinkers, so they're probably not opposed to that direction. The existing competitive space may be offputting for them, though. Just thinking how the Steam mobile app lets you see the sales, vote, etc., but you can't play games through it.

Valve invested a lot in thinking about mobile a few years year, particularly with Android... ... and then abruptly stopped caring when they realized mobile is passé and VR is the future, or something. Someone who pays more attention than I do to their staffing comings-and-goings could speak to that.

Pity, because I think Valve could have taken a Humble Bundle like niche in the Android games space. And it would have played well with the SteamOS initiative.

since when did they make it this way? are they worried about possible scams or something?

baterism

since when did they make it this way? are they worried about possible scams or something?
Since several months back if I remember correctly. To counter scamming, because you know, Doto and CSGO items are big deal big money.

I haven't use trade function esp for cards now, it just don't worth it. I only sell or buy on market. I only trade if I need to trade large number of cards.

Sharkiller

i think is to prevent from malware that people run and do a trade to X person, like the ones "look at my screenshot http://imgur.ru/screenshot.exe".

and doint that way with the beta mobile app in the future you are going to have a popup in the cellphone with accept/decline trade

Cth

Yikes, took a week off and I'm behind 200 pages.

For both of you that took note, I finally got a promotion at work. Still part time but the new skill set will hopefully lead to open doors to a new career.

And I just got a nice bonus in time for the sale.

Things are finally starting to turn around, I think, after years.

Anyone have a Cliff Notes version of the past week or two?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PIER SOLAR AND THE GREAT ARCHITECTS Plus SOUNDTRACK -- MB-0F065D8831FCA569 - Taken by Gintoki
GO! GO! NIPPON! ~MY FIRST TRIP TO JAPAN~ -- MB-A7F461B18D4F3160 - Taken by fokkusu
NICOLE (OTOME) -- MB-90501A87D227ED25 - Taken by Widdly Scuds

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derExperte, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Titan Souls -- MB-365DF5029D6EC886 - Taken by someguyinahat. 95 entrants total.

t1433699198z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

PGP3OVL.png
Mystery GOG -- MB-2F7B42E36CDF87C5 - Taken by Anteater
Mystery Gift -- MB-B73314D5D4C2C636 - Taken by Eila

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-865AF017D4E3F5DF - Taken by Loptous

Come on AKSYS you can always announce a game you'll be releasing a year later; even the big devs do it, and we're still waiting for Corpse Party PC!

I know I'm waiting for Corpse Party PC to show up. Sounds like it's just as cursed as Heavenly Host Elementary.

Also, I'd love some Guilty Gear Xrd to be announced for PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know I'm waiting for Corpse Party PC to show up. Sounds like it's just as cursed as Heavenly Host Elementary.

Also, I'd love some Guilty Gear Xrd to be announced for PC.

As long as it comes in 2016 and not 2015 is fine. *Tries to remember the awful avatar he prepared for the guy that made the avatar bet*

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D0B59BAF7F9D7AB1 - Taken by Jazz573

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom