• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I assume it's Beyond Gravity?

Interesting that the Dev says he won't have any access to whether it's actual refunds or sale anticipation until the end of the month. Interesting to see if refunds are being abused or not or people are just judging these games as not worth it.

Qwiboo ‏@qwiboo 8h8 hours ago

@PixelMetal @wondroushippo I tweetet later on that I have the numbers now and it's refunds. Out of 18 sales 13 were refunded in last 3 days.

I honestly hope that Valve set the 'abuse' threshold low enough and the first people soon get hit by it. Beyond Gravity unfortunately (for the dev) has a good price/card value-ratio, game's cheap, card's are rather expensive.

It's also a fun time waster you can get 100% achievements in ~3hrs for, I recommend buying it during the sale. Even has leaderboards which tell me that I'm GAF's king of Beyond Gravity.

Jawmuncher

Is there any other way?
imaged4kl2.jpg
I honestly hope that Valve set the 'abuse' threshold low enough and the first people soon get hit by it.
Will be interesting to see how it changes going forward. should hopefully scare some devs who just wanted to make a quick buck.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You know what would make this a great sale? A meta game that doesn't suck all kinds of balls.

I actually thought the gem thing was one of the best meta games they did for a while. Allowed people to empty their inventories of all the stuff they didn't need and couldn't sell well, and it was actually pretty easy to get some niche games on your wishlist. I think I made off with something like 12 games from it.

I actually thought the gem thing was one of the best meta games they did for a while. Allowed people to empty their inventories of all the stuff they didn't need and couldn't sell well, and it was actually pretty easy to get some niche games on your wishlist. I think I made off with something like 12 games from it.
It's pretty cool until it led to the crash of gem market and card market.

I would like to see Valve bring coal and golden ticket stuff back.

derExperte

Is Dying Light still fun or is it boring like Dead Island now? This is like my top wishlist item for summer sale.

Why would it be boring now but not before? Was a pleasant surprise for me after I expected a DI rehash but there's enough that makes it stand apart.

Kiru

My keyboard just died. RIP :( Using the PC without one is horrible. Even funnier is how I already ordered a new one before it happened. Been using this one for like 10 years...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My keyboard just died. RIP :( Using the PC without one is horrible. Even funnier is how I already ordered a new one before it happened. Been using this one for like 10 years...

I need to stop putting off ordering a replacement pair of headphones. Every time a pair dies on me, I think to myself, "I knew I should have ordered a backup pair!", but I've yet to do so.

Milamber

I need to stop putting off ordering a replacement pair of headphones. Every time a pair dies on me, I think to myself, "I knew I should have ordered a backup pair!", but I've yet to do so.

I think you should just invest in USB or wireless ones if you keep screwing up the 3.5 mm ones.

*psst* Koss PortaPro's, $40, lifetime warranty, comfy ass hell. You can thank me later breh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think you should just invest in USB or wireless ones if you keep screwing up the 3.5 mm ones.

I don't think there are any USB headphones that compare well to decent wired ones and wireless headphones means worrying about charge levels, plus I don't kill my headphones as often as I do my hard drives. ;)

Mr. Doop

My last keyboard died a couple years ago. I had to use just the mouse to get around the internet for a couple of days.

I'll be doing a 12 hour drive next month. Will probably get my stand up acts together now for it. Haven't found a podcast I like yet.

Dane Cook and Lewis Black helped me survive my 5 hour drive to college many a times.

This was before Cook got incredibly mainstream. Leave me alone.

You know what would make this a great sale? A meta game that doesn't suck all kinds of balls.

That's asking a lot. I'd settle for a game that was thought out at least a little bit and isn't easily exploitable.

The replies to that tweet are interesting.

One person suggested that Valve should cover refunds for games <$10 out of their own pockets.

The dev looked into the stats and saw that 13 out of 18 purchases in the last 3 days were refunded. HLTB lists his game as being one hour long so that doesn't really come as a surprise.

I remember actually playing the game and it seemed decent enough. Kind of like a mobile game where you jump from planet to planet. The game was nice but I can easily see most people having their fill of it in less than two hours.

Then it occurred to me that something like this might happen to the Stanley Parable as well. I asked the developer on Twitter if he's getting hit by refunds. Let's see if I can get a reply.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
full-size closed is the only way to go, highfive.

I don't know if you'd say that when you've had the opportunity to hear ol' Floyd on some perfectly airy open back full-size cans. I much prefer the wider soundstages from open backs, but the built in noise cancellation of closed makes for better use in compromised listening situations.

Or you could just forget to plug in the headphones at all. The green waves are sound.

I don't know if you'd say that when you've had the opportunity to hear ol' Floyd on some perfectly airy open back full-size cans. I much prefer the wider soundstages from open backs, but the built in noise cancellation of closed makes for better use in compromised listening situations.

Or you could just forget to plug in the headphones at all. The green waves are sound.
Pink Floyd sound pretty amazing on my AKG-141M ;)
edit: seems they are semi-open, I'm dumb :|

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
what did valve change about the refunds rules yesterday?

looked the same to me

Did a diff check on the original page plus today's version of the page, no difference at all! Though, some people did get some weird reasons for their refunds being declined this morning.

Pink Floyd sound pretty amazing on my AKG-141M ;)

Breathe,
Breathe in the air...

I'm still using a closed-back ATH-A700 ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom