• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

baterism

Anyone know why KinoConsole suddenly not output audio in android?
It worked perfectly before, now it suddenly video only no sound.

Adrian does not support GG, but he is also an outspoken critic of stupid acts of SJW. You know, like there's usually no outright white and black in the world
With so many GGers using "SJW" unironically, it's hard to take people who use it seriously, even though sometimes they do make sense. It takes efforts.

derExperte

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sdmj1k

That's all I'm going to say on that. Like I said: Not really surprised if that's the case. Circling wagons, etc. Anything that is semi-support for that group seems to get crazy rabbid even if the dude(s) don't necessarily agree with all of it.

I still don't get it. People aren't asking for refunds for Ethan Carter because one of the participants isn't 100% anti-GG? I really don't see the connection in this particular case. Also how does Jim Sterling fit in there?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Concerns regarding the abuse of the refund system are fair, but it's far too early to implore Valve to change the particulars. Detecting abusers is presumably something Valve is taking very seriously and will become gradually better at doing, and the system absolutely should favour consumers above developers -- suggestions like "The game access window should be shortened to 15 minutes" are patently absurd.

Tizoc

Splinter Cell Blacklist Deluxe is $10 over at Gamersgate
I know it is a UPlay code only, but I think I'll get it at that price.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like a reputable dev would be ok with players that don't like or can't run their games being able to refund them

derExperte

Ha!

Not Enterprise but another weird version. Embedded Industry Pro. Was not sure if it counts for upgrade but the pages I read only ever talked about Enterprise.

I say the chance of getting a free W10 upgrade for that version is about 0%.

If I have Windows 8.1 Pro will I get Windows 10 Pro or Home for free? Because if I get Home version that would suck.

Pro

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-has-announced-the-upgrade-matrix-for-windows-10

Thorgal

you know , i think CDProject red should have included a bonus version of the game containing the digital books of the witcher series .

I would have gladly payed the full price of the game + the price of those books together.

Would also be a boon for people who want to read and fully understand the history these characters have with each other .

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Concerns regarding the abuse of the refund system are fair, but it's far too early to implore Valve to change the particulars. Detecting abusers is presumably something Valve is taking very seriously and will become gradually better at doing, and the system absolutely should favour consumers above developers -- suggestions like "The game access window should be shortened to 15 minutes" are patently absurd.

I think the 15 minutes idea comes from Google Play Store's refund policy. After the first boot-up, you have 15 minutes to request a refund. Works alright in the scope of a mobile marketplace, where the games are often much easier to jump into and run, but not so much for a marketplace that is home to larger games where it can take a good chunk of that 15 minutes tweaking settings before you really begin. Not counting intro cinematics, tutorial segments and the like as well.

A point I was thinking about this morning, and one that Jim Sterling echoed over twitter, is that this could very easily just be a side effect of how easy it is to get refunds now. In the past, asking for a refund from Steam Support was akin to pulling teeth. Now that there's an actual infrastructure in place to handle requests, it makes sense that we'd see an increase in refunds. Abuse would eventually be clamped down upon and activity would eventually even out again.

you know , i think CDProject red should have included a bonus version of the game containing the digital books of the witcher series .

I would have gladly payed the full price of the game + the price of those books together.

Would also be a boon for people who want to read and fully understand the history these characters have with each other .
What's stopping you from buying them from Amazon?

Well the sale hasn't started yet. It has a 20% discount.. is it feasible it'll have another stacked on it? That ever happened before?
I know Splinter Cell: Blacklist was 50% off a week before a summer sale, everyone here bought it, then sale came, 66% off.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the 15 minutes idea comes from Google Play Store's refund policy. After the first boot-up, you have 15 minutes to request a refund. Works alright in the scope of a mobile marketplace, where the games are often much easier to jump into and run, but not so much for a marketplace that is home to larger games where it can take a good chunk of that 15 minutes tweaking settings before you really begin. Not counting intro cinematics, tutorial segments and the like as well.

Ah, most likely. The last mobile game I played was Bounce. ;)

You're too late, they ran out of Windows 10s.

Yeah, MS saw Nintendo's success in creating a frenzy with Amiibos, and is going the same route for the Win10 launch. I hope you have a MS Store nearby you can start camping out for the new Microsofties!

If you get the Clippy Microsoftie, it enables across-OS global search and help.
the Master Chief Microsoftie enables ad-blocking in their new Spartan browser
The Screaming Ballard adds some .NET framework extensions.
Spectral Allard Head unlocks some Minter-penned window effects filters
Getting the rare Office-tan causes spell-check in Office to learn from your mistakes
The Zune Microsoftie adds auto-folder monitoring to iTunes in a cross-platform deal
and if you get stuck with the Kin Microsoftie it hacks your phone and converts it to WinMobile.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
sad reminder that there's only one episode of izombie left and then my life will be over..

skRvd1b.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously this year i've had my power supply, my video card, my keyboard, my mouse and my headphones all break

and i don't fucking do anything, i don't drop them or leave them in a mess of wires or anything

so fucking frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom