• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Clive Barker's Undying is $1.50 on GOG right now. That game is literally the hidden gem of all hidden gems.

https://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying

69a16552bebd79cbb01dafdd3c6767ca9f8b8444.jpg

Widescreen fix

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jeez, I personally know someone trying to abuse the refunds. Pretty shitty of him.
facepalm.gif

You can laugh at him when he finally seeks a refund because of a genuine problem and his request is knocked back due to his prior history of abuse.

derExperte

Clive Barker's Undying is $1.50 on GOG right now. That game is literally the hidden gem of all hidden gems.

https://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying

So many correct opinions in here lately, one of the creepiest games I've played. Not sure if I want to find out if it holds up though (also where's the Steam release?).

Jeez, I personally know someone trying to abuse the refunds. Pretty shitty of him.
facepalm.gif

Only one possible course of action for an upstanding SteamGAFer: Snitch like there's no tomorrow.

You can laugh at him when he finally seeks a refund because of a genuine problem and his request is knocked back due to his his prior history of abuse.

So many correct opinions in here lately, one of the creepiest games I've played. Not sure if I want to find out if it holds up though (also where's the Steam release?).

Only one possible course of action for an upstanding SteamGAFer: Snitch like there's no tomorrow.

Hopefully his shit will not work. I told him to not do stupid things, but didn't listen.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
My request was declined for MK. I guess I'll keep the game uninstalled hoping it gets more fixes. -_-

Kiru

My keyboard just died. RIP :( Using the PC without one is horrible. Even funnier is how I already ordered a new one before it happened. Been using this one for like 10 years...

IT'S ALIVE! I can still play Diablo 3 until tomorrow! :D

Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Video

It seems we will get the usual GameWorks from the previous titles + Rain Effects.

Sadly most of the promised features won't be available: Turbulence, Environmental PhysX, Volumetric Lights, FaceWorks (I suspected that from the start since the tech wasn't ready yet and at that Time a GTX Titan struggled to make it work on one face, let alone on an entire open-world game).

So if features aren't in one of these videos, it's not in the final game?

So if features aren't in one of these videos, it's not in the final game?

What else could it be then? If they managed to make more to the final game, they would have shown it. Look for example The Witcher 3 and Far Cry 4 GameWorks videos.The features in the videos were available in the game, nothing more nothing less.

Anteater

I like how that gameworks video just makes the game look like the other batman games because it doesn't have the fancy camera angles, it also shows how much I don't care about those effects in an action game.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Apparently I own it already. I must have listened to you before. So you're saying I should finally get around to playing it?

Well it is possible but we had opposite too with AC Unity that never got Tessellation even though Nvidia published video that promoted that feature.

Yes that too. Don't expect the final game to have to have more features than the videos. The same? Yes. Fewer? Yes. More? NO. This goes like here: Sheet with promised features > video with features >= final game.

yuraya

That ARK game has really gone big. 60k concurrent is very impressive.

Who would have thought Dinosaurs would be so relevant today after being extinct for like 65 million years.

JaseC

Well it is possible but we had opposite too with AC Unity that never got Tessellation even though Nvidia published video that promoted that feature.

The GeForce performance/optimisation guide still has a section dedicated to it.

Jazz573

Hey Jawmuncher. Have you seen this game?

header.jpg

Though you've probably already seen it, since you seem to know about every game with dinosaurs.

Tizoc

Almost done with Broken Age Ep. 2 and...I still like it.
Will finish it tomorrow and see why a lot of people disliked it. I mean I personally got my money's worth and it's a nice PnC game.

It's been cheaper on steam during sales.

You mean the Deluxe edition? ES states GG had the cheapest prices and not Steam.

Sounds like your overclock was unstable. IIRC, by default it's only applied when the program is running.

No, what I meant is that the driver crashes seem to be related to Afterburner or Precision X. I wasn't overclocking, I use those programs to set a more aggressive fan curve (which is something that you can still do if you just open Afterburner for example, set the fan curve, apply and close the program)

Anyway, the crashes never took place during gameplay, just browsing the web for instance (and I read many reports of the same thing, that's why I posted what seems to be the solution)

dot

Has anyone here been able to refund a game gifted to them (in which the recipient redeemed it and played 2 hours of it)? It was also gifted sometime last year.

I know it says "Refunds on Gifts - We are unable to offer refunds for gifts after they have been redeemed by the recipient." on the FAQ page but i just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation right now.

The_Monk

Hey everyone, happy Sunday! I just finished Marlow Briggs and decided to post my very little impressions from the game.

Here's the Steam Review Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043835726/recommended/249680/

Marlow Briggs brings a short funny game experience that may remind those movies you watch on a lazy Sunday. You have everything you can expect from an action movie/game so you just need to sit back and relax while having to face many dangerous creatures and soldiers in order to save the one you love. Marlow never wanted to be a hero, he just want to end all this madness and get his girlfriend back.

You will have a small variety of weapons and magic tricks that you will learn or get as you progress the game. With simple combos reminding the God of Wars series (without the gory aspect or the budget) you can expect a couples of puzzles as well but they may not represent a challenge if you are a fan of such things. The goal in this game is nothing new or refreshing. Marlow Briggs never taking things too seriously and the plot is really obvious about this. From explosive red barrels that are very well placed to being made fun when you fail a single jump, everything feels like a lot of things you have seen before and there’s nothing wrong with that.

The game played great without no issues and the visuals are actually quite nice. The colors are bright and vibrant and there’s a decent balance between those levels around the forest and the industrial area. I finished the game in around 6 hours and I had a decent amount of fun. It was a game that made right from the start that did not wanted to being taken seriously and they achieved that goal without flinching. If you like to play more than one game at the time and you are playing something horror related or very story heavy, Marlow Briggs is just the right thing to play between such titles.

Silliness is guaranteed as well mindless fun.

JaseC

No, what I meant is that the driver crashes seem to be related to Afterburner or Precision X.

Well, yeah, I get that. Overclocking is one of the features of both programs and an unstable overclock can cause driver crashes, but given you've also said you weren't overclocking, the point is moot.

Just came from the GoT spoiler thread - whatever you do, do not venture in there. Tonight`s episode was spoiled and is going to be a clusterfuck, and I`m glad I haven`t played the Telltale game in light of this season.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has anyone here been able to refund a game gifted to them (in which the recipient redeemed it and played 2 hours of it)? It was also gifted sometime last year.

I know it says "Refunds on Gifts - We are unable to offer refunds for gifts after they have been redeemed by the recipient." on the FAQ page but i just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same situation right now.

There is an option for refunding gifts, but the giftee needs to agree to it first. Have them go through the process of requesting a refund (Support link on the game in the client) and it will give them a check box to click which gives you permission to seek a refund for the item. Then you have to make a separate support request to get that game refunded.

Speaking of which, any word on that yet, Chariot? This silly game is still in my library!

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow massive chalice has like a weird "scaling" slider that makes everything look awful but it runs on my computer so fine by me

also

15:51 - Blizzard: I thought that read MASSIVE CLEAVAGE
15:51 - Blizzard: I am the real zkylewd

lol

Shadownet

Banned
I'm having this problem with the Steam Launcher on Windows 10.

Whenever I press the Steam icon, there will be a pop up.
In order to run Steam properly on this version of Windows, the Steam service component must be installed. The service installation process requires administrator privileges.

INSTALL SERVICE / CANCEL

If I press "Install Service, it seem to be doing something then it just freezes up. If I press "Cancel" then it would just launch Steam normally. It's not a big problem but just a minor annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom