• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

jawmuncher is a visionaire
All it takes is a voice to start a change.
Hey Jawmuncher. Have you seen this game?

header.jpg

Though you've probably already seen it, since you seem to know about every game with dinosaurs.
Yep have my eye on it. Holding off ATM though, because the performance needs a bit more work. It's looking good though, even had a albino Trex in it. Also you should get a avatar. I only tell the people I like to get them.
Almost done with Broken Age Ep. 2 and...I still like it.
Will finish it tomorrow and see why a lot of people disliked it. I mean I personally got my money's worth and it's a nice PnC game.

You mean the Deluxe edition? ES states GG had the cheapest prices and not Steam.
Oh you wanted the DE, still I would probably wait for steam. What does it have that you need?

Knurek

I'm missing my PC. Still three days left till I can get back to it. Of course as luck would have it I caught a cold on my (quite late) honeymoon trip, so insted of enjoying the weather/sea, I've been shoveling the snot out of my nostrils. :(

Jawmuncher

I'm missing my PC. Still three days left till I can get back to it. Of course as luck would have it I caught a cold on my (quite late) honeymoon trip, so insted of enjoying the weather/sea, I've been shoveling the snot out of my nostrils. :(

Better to have a cold than a stomach virus at least.

zkylon

zkylewd
at like 40% on the slider i get not so solid 30 fps but decent img quality

60 fps not that necessary for this game so i think i'll suffice

~Kinggi~

Banned
That ARK game seems pretty impressive. Is it MMO only? Sounds like an online-only type of game the way they talk about servers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That ARK game seems pretty impressive. Is it MMO only? Sounds like an online-only type of game the way they talk about servers.

Single player ("local games") is listed as a feature on the store page. There doesn't seem to be any info on what the SP mode actually is, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I doubt thats the problem - its the buy - play as much as you can and refund/pirate the game players.
the amount of ppl that will exploit the system will be minimal and even then they'll get locked out of refunds after a few times of them abusing it

if you're gonna go through all that trouble, it's much easier to just pirate the game

How long did it take you to finish La Mulana?

21 hours i think it said, maybe a bit more since i dont think it counts deaths

Phew.

30 mods for The Witcher 2 downloaded and separately checked and modified for compatibility. Some needed diffchecker because of huge xml-files.

Gonna hopefully play it later.

Damn this thread moves fast. But I'm finally playing L4D2, it feels like I missed out on so much things.
Welcome to PC gaming. Where we collect but rarely play.

Now that you're gaming on PC as well, you can edit your Steam-Profile on your Gaf-Profile. Would like to add you, the more the merrier!

dot

There is an option for refunding gifts, but the giftee needs to agree to it first. Have them go through the process of requesting a refund (Support link on the game in the client) and it will give them a check box to click which gives you permission to seek a refund for the item. Then you have to make a separate support request to get that game refunded.

Speaking of which, any word on that yet, Chariot? This silly game is still in my library!

Hmm, okay. Thanks! I looked into it more and i guess i'll do that. Now i'm just waiting for Frosty to come back from Snooze-ing to do the refund thing...

Hi there!!! Thanks! :)

Akiba's Trip @ 60fps is great btw.
http://webm.host/d224b/vid.webm

This game looks hilarious.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How do you perform the hold from behind action to let your sidekick kick ass?

There is a bar that charges as you hit enemies when it fills up press up on the d-pad and it should do the special attack you saw with both characters. (no idea on keyboard if you are a M+K player)

Asgaro

France - Belgium is entertaining.
1 - 4 at 54th minute.

(Just seen 2 penalties happen within 60 seconds of each other. One for each team. Both sides scored.)

Kiru

Of course. I am atm away from PC, so I'll habe to post it a bit later.
If you use the big textures pack, make sure to read the posts on the download and look what files to delete after extracting, otherwise you have some texture bugs in the game.

Poetic

I think the Steam controller looks pretty sweet. It'll probably take some getting used to but I plan to jump in week 1.

dex3108

I just stumbled on some slaves in Velen (Witcher 3) and they were protected by 4-5 soldiers. Because i am playing without HUD i just started to attack them They kicked my ass 2-3 times before i managed to separate them. Then i tried brute force attacks on archers and i had to hit them at least 20 times with heavy attack before they were dead. So i said F this and used Axii. They were down with instant kill after every 2-3 Axii signs. I am level 5 and they were level 15-16 XD I love this game.

http://a.pomf.se/rpptpz.webm
http://a.pomf.se/fwiwcn.webm
http://a.pomf.se/uceany.webm

yuraya

Man 7 days until first E3 conference. This last week before will be insane or totally calm before storm.

Everyone needs to be hyped and excited for E3.

Those who aren't excited need to watch this video in its entirety. Still the best E3 demo to date. You gotta believe in the small chance of something like that happening again.

Believe!

:p

So I bought £50 Steam credit from Tesco. Partly to prepare for the Steam sale, partly for the sheer novelty of buying Steam credit from a supermarket over here.

Nzyme32

Those who aren't excited need to watch this video in its entirety. Still the best E3 demo to date. You gotta believe in the small chance of something like that happening again.

Believe!

Man I remember watching that in a DVD that came with an Xbox magazine of all things. They got everything wrong in trying to comment over it, calling Kleiner the Gman haha

fantomena

Apparently some users in this thread took it as a personal insult when they read that some people don't have the money or interest in playing games on the PC. They will be given a ban for their efforts.

From here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/38void/bethesda_community_manager_confirms_on_neogaf/

Pretty insane that some people think like that. I mean seriously, why care about how other people play games? If someone play an RPG/Bethesda game on consoles, so what?

The video Valve released the other day was the largest step forward in marketing the Steam Controller they have done thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fs2Yh1PFwM

Doesn't matter. Im talking about trying it it myself, touching it, not watching someone else do it online. :p

I'm dipping my toes into making an OT for the controller, so hopefully you'll find some good news in there :p

Hopefully. :)

titch

the amount of ppl that will exploit the system will be minimal and even then they'll get locked out of refunds after a few times of them abusing it

if you're gonna go through all that trouble, it's much easier to just pirate the game

21 hours i think it said, maybe a bit more since i dont think it counts deaths

Hopefully steam will stay on top of it and things will settle down after the initial new feature surge.

21 hours - the way things are going its going to take me longer than that :(

Eanan

What are people using here to play their games?

I'm upgrading from a 32" LG LCD 1080p TV, and bought a 42" LED but am not that impressed so will return it I think. Are monitors the way to go? I prefer bigger screens though and am on a budget (about €300).

What are people using here to play their games?

I'm upgrading from a 32" LG LCD 1080p TV, and bought a 42" LED but am not that impressed so will return it I think. Are monitors the way to go? I prefer bigger screens though and am on a budget (about €300).

I have a 23" Acer monitor that I use about 99.9% of the time. My 47" LG TV is right beside my PC though so I can use that if I want to have games on the bigger screen.

I have a Rog Swift that I use for most games(wonderful gsync) but every now and again I switch to my 4K tv, especially now that I can actually run more games at the resolution. 1080P looks fine though and scales well.

Ideally you'd want a monitor for browsing and a TV for playing games but you don't need a monitor. Just don't think general os usage is great on a tv, even with proper scaling.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hopefully steam will stay on top of it and things will settle down after the initial new feature surge.

21 hours - the way things are going its going to take me longer than that :(

i mean, if u dont use a guide it'll take forever

i think it's literally impossible to beat without a guide

Chariot

There is an option for refunding gifts, but the giftee needs to agree to it first. Have them go through the process of requesting a refund (Support link on the game in the client) and it will give them a check box to click which gives you permission to seek a refund for the item. Then you have to make a separate support request to get that game refunded.

Speaking of which, any word on that yet, Chariot? This silly game is still in my library!
Nope. Valve support are probably butt hurt Sakura Shit fans :I

Great!

Of course. I am atm away from PC, so I'll habe to post it a bit later.

Thank you!

Believe!

I'm so hyped for the Summer Seal/E3 crossover! I think that, once the Seal starts on Thursday, the wait for E3 will be more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom