• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

yes no problem, done.

In celebration of the Mad man!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-Blades -- MB-D794F172D03BF766 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
3 stars of destiny -- MB-4CDB5CF41E2E7407 - Taken by baterism. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-7B8C594F96B3E062 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-3C09DFAF73A39744 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
motte island -- MB-D82910EAA072E691 - Taken by Milamber. 1 entrants total.
Knight Shift -- MB-00B346DEC6741137
Two Worlds II Castle Defense -- MB-5495D373E1F0C87B - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-192246BB8D3135C6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

Litil Divil -- MB-D84ED2747D509801
Jack Orlando -- MB-B1E337F4E64C9473 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
ChickenShoot -- MB-7024353268A7F0D2
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Commander -- MB-91648E56794187B4 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-34399BE67FB55D6A - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-1E8620253CAB7010 - Taken by Xanathus. 1 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 3 -- MB-713D0A34BED13C67 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
RPG Maker VX Ace -- MB-6ED0F485813BF59C - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III -- MB-673D9BB594594C14
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: German Skin -- MB-DAE6203ECB568CC4 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-11BC295DB142DDF4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
ChickenShoot 2 -- MB-A4565E341CFE1B51
Earth 2160 -- MB-7478391097BF6379 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-B90D0A279FB33D1E - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-788F0EA5FF3860C4
1000 Amps -- MB-6DC36AF7C973DAB5 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-D256C373C76F16CB - Taken by 7Sins. 1 entrants total.
Two Worlds II #2 -- MB-D5776276442158DF - Taken by Anteater. 1 entrants total.
Draw a Stickman -- MB-20306B44FB173C5E - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
To the Moon -- MB-40DF25B23AC1CAFC - Taken by Dusk Golem. 3 entrants total.
Anomaly 2 -- MB-50B4C24BBB584E00 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-6B5A1E0F7E27F790
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-55FFC54E7FD1A620 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-309FDE2DA5A08A1C - Taken by topyy. 2 entrants total.
Symphony -- MB-FE7D7036315DF954 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-B0642E619C4EC15E - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Company of Heroes 2: Soviet Commander -- MB-2AB69EFC5A6AEBFE - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Sword of the Stars -- MB-EB7768AAEAF104B4 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-2C73B7CEB99FD3C5 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Ultionus -- MB-6ECBDD9637797884 - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
The Guild II Collection -- MB-A9AAA6792CD14D6F - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.

t1433743423z1.png

bakeray

This is great. There's some stuff I need to buy anyway, and rounding it out with discounted money is never a bad thing :p
I'd probably pick them up in store if that option is available to you. They're physically mailing the cards so you may not get them in time.

JustinBB7

The crashes kinda forced me to take a break from it. I still skowly chip at it every couple days, but I don't go nuts like I did during launch week.

Almost as annoying as the crashes though is the mipmap setting changing itself back to -1 after every patch. I don't like how it looks or the performance hit it brings.

I had crashes too but I fixed it, these settings prevent a lot of crashing for Witcher 3:

V-Sync Off
FPS: Unlimited
Full Screen

I had FPS on 60 and was playing in borderless window mode. Changing those to unlimited and full screen fixed it for me.

Milamber

I had crashes too but I fixed it, these settings prevent a lot of crashing for Witcher 3:

V-Sync Off
FPS: Unlimited
Full Screen

I had FPS on 60 and was playing in borderless window mode. Changing those to unlimited and full screen fixed it for me.

Hmm... nope. Exact same settings I have. Everything on Ultra too except shadows and grass density set to medium.

Still crashes.

Arthea

Almost there, can you feel it in the air? the smell of discounts

I wonder what HB will do this year. After betrayalton they probably will need some rest, no?

edited: I was rummaging through my wishlist and there are too many new games in there, which probably won't get any significant discounts and I still haven't decided what I want to buy most, left my wl unorganized.

Knurek

I wonder what HB will do this year. After betrayalton they probably will need some rest, no?
After their recent run, I don't think we need a new Humble bundle. Really, I'd much rather have a new Bundle in a Box or DIG bundle, than the stuff they've been peddling lately.

Arthea

here is my summer sale resolution:
I won't go on quadrupling my estimated sale expenses (100€) this time, I almost managed to keep my "not buying games until summer sale" promise this time, I slipped a few times, but nothing like before where me slipping once ended in "buy everything you want" mode. The only instance where I am allowed to go over budget is if Trails go on sale, I can buy couple of gifts.

I hope you guys will help me stay true to it, if you see me going overboard, kindly remind me this!

After their recent run, I don't think we need a new Humble bundle. Really, I'd much rather have a new Bundle in a Box or DIG bundle, than the stuff they've been peddling lately.

that's harsh, but I can see where are you coming from

here is my summer sale resolution:
I won't go on quadrupling my estimated sale expenses (100€) this time, I almost managed to keep my "not buying games until summer sale" promise this time, I slipped a few times, but nothing like before where me slipping once ended in "buy everything you want" mode. The only instance where I am allowed to go over budget is if Trails go on sale, I can buy couple of gifts.

I hope you guys will help me stay true to it, if you see me going overboard, kindly remind me this!

I want to spend 50€ tops, we'll see how it goes... I can watch your back if you watch mine :p

My tits badge is ready to be crafted >:3

Arthea

I want to spend 50€ tops, we'll see how it goes... I can watch your back if you watch mine :p

My tits badge is ready to be crafted >:3

you have a deal!

you don't wanna know how many badges I have ready

My resolution is that I want to buy something from my wishlist if it reaches 75% off or more, but I'll probably end on not buying anything because my wishlisted games still need to be released or they were released like yesterday (excluding the infamous Valdis Story, that once got a 75% off, the developers released new contents and not I need to wait for the new "cycle" to see a decent discount).

So I hope for price glitches.

don't we all?

Arthea

I'm so stuck in This Starry Midnight We Make, it's not even funny. This game is complex, that's true, but also it leaves almost everything to figure out for a player, and it's rather hard to do, when you don't know most of rules until you actually make something new and rules appear in your handbook. I have several ideas for one constellations still, but I'm out of ideas for nebula I need to make already.

You guys are right. Every summer and winter I'm hitting more than $100. This time, let's see if I can stick with $50.

only $100? I never seem able to stay bellow 300€, let's hope this time will be different.

I have 50€ in my wallet and I'm pretty sure it's going to be enough. Can't really think of anything I really need unless it's 75% off and most sale slots will be filled by the usual suspects anyway

The_Monk

Morning everyone, hope you can all have a good start of the week!

Regarding the upcoming sale talk I'll be mostly searching for those hidden little gems that we all miss every now and then. I finished Marlow Briggs yesterday (tiny review is some pages back) and it was just the sort of game that doesn't get noticed easily but it was a nice surprise so I'll be looking for those hidden gems during the sale hoping I get something interesting.

Morning everyone, hope you can all have a good start of the week!

Regarding the upcoming sale talk I'll be mostly searching for those hidden little gems that we all miss every now and then. I finished Marlow Briggs yesterday (tiny review is some pages back) and it was just the sort of game that doesn't get noticed easily but it was a nice surprise so I'll be looking for those hidden gems during the sale hoping I get something interesting.

Hello Monk,

Thanks for posting your review of Marlow Briggs, game has been in my backlog for a while, but reading it only took you 6 hours I might play it soonish.

If you find any other hidden gems make sure you share your discoveries ;)

There are at least two cockroaches in this room and I no longer see them and oh god help me help me help me

What kind of room are you in? and why didn't you took care of them while you could see them? :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam page for Close Your Eyes is coming along, hope for it to be live somewhere before the week is up:

Are you willing to provide keys to those who want the game and DLC (assuming it's also free) to be a permanent fixture?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Are you willing to provide keys to those who want the game and DLC (assuming it's also free) to be a permanent fixture?

Yup, I actually took your Steam message to me to heart to request Steam keys. I sort of cheated to get trading cards with the Goodie Bag DLC you see there, I can provide keys for that for GAF'ers. -nods-

JaseC

Yup, I actually took your Steam message to me to heart to request Steam keys. I sort of cheated to get trading cards with the Goodie Bag DLC you see there, I can provide keys for that for GAF'ers. -nods-

Ah, cheers. I got a little worried when you didn't respond. ;)

The_Monk

Hello Monk,

Thanks for posting your review of Marlow Briggs, game has been in my backlog for a while, but reading it only took you 6 hours I might play it soonish.

If you find any other hidden gems make sure you share your discoveries ;)

Thanks Ningen! Will do. Also, the checkpoints are kind so if you can play in bursts of 30 minutes or one hour each day you will finish the game in no time.

Ah, cheers. I got a little worried when you didn't respond. ;)

Ugh Jase don't be unprofesionell
:p

JaseC

Haha, I feel bad for this b.robin bloke. He's sent me at least half a dozen trade offers for CSI:HE thus far and his most recent one offered a Second Chance Heroes key. I considered discussing it with him at first, but then I thought, "Wait, if he has a key, then maybe I'll be able to find one myself now", and sure enough, one of Kinguin's offshoots had stock.

Chariot

Fuck me through a wall and call me art, I fucking finally got 100% in Re;Birth 2. As much as I love the games and don't mind grinding, Stella was just annoying. Going in every few hours, send her again and then quit the game when you have nothing else left to do there is just annoying.

AK3hR3Q.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
there are some weird things going on here in SteamGAF

Isn't there always?

----

Also, I forget if I mentioned it here or not, but IndieGames.com did an article on Close Your Eyes which made me happy.

Looking at screenshots for Close Your Eyes had me thinking it would be silly and ineffective, but through perfect use of unnerving sound and some twisted, surprising visuals, it easily left me frightened, unsure whether I should be playing it at night.

He seemed to enjoy it. To be honest, the game is a quick project I did while working on bigger projects, but so far I've been receiving a lot of nice comments, emails, the let's players who play it seem to enjoy it quite a bit, it's been getting good ratings on the sites I released it on and comments. I bet Steam will bring more negativity, but it is what it is and I'm happy people are enjoying this shorter, sloppier game, even if I'm putting more work to make it expanded and hopefully better for the Steam release.

I'll be interested to see what some of you who decide to play it think, whether you like it or not. I think the title has more flaws than people who've been responding to the game give off, but I guess I'm not the one to really judge if its good or not, and I think the critique, praise, and watching people play the game has been valuable feedback.

---

On another note entirely, I want to throw out there I don't know why I waited so long to update my Idlemaster. I still had the old CMD version, I recently updated to the newest version and so many improvements.

Fuck me through a wall and call me art, I fucking finally got 100% in Re;Birth 2. As much as I love the games and don't mind grinding, Stella was just annoying. Going in every few hours, send her again and then quit the game when you have nothing else left to do there is just annoying.

AK3hR3Q.png

I don't know about Re:Birth 2, but I have a friend who's big on the Neptunia series and I know 100% the original Hypderimension Neptunia 2, and talked about how much of a bitch that was, so I can only imagine what the Re:Birth 2 version might provide.

Poetic

AK3hR3Q.png

Grats dude.

Think I'm sticking to $50 this sale too like everyone else.

baterism

AK3hR3Q.png
Uwah, that's fast. I haven't even installed it yet. I plan to started playing it after finishing AT.
Nep1 is the only game that I 100%ed so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom