• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
ARK: Survival Evolved's sales have been insane. It's been 5 days since release and it has sold 266,000 copies. http://steamspy.com/app/346110

I wonder if this is the fastest selling early access / open world survival game? DayZ took a month to hit 1 million, H1Z1 took 2 months, and Rust took 2 months.

And I wouldn't be surprised if sales jump during the summer sale (even though I doubt it'll be further discounted. Maybe Valve could release the 2 and 4 packs during the summer sale?).

The Jawmuncher thirst is real.
Missed you too. XOXO

:']

zkylon

zkylewd
If Dark Souls 2 goes on sale, will the upgrade price also be lower or just the "game" it self?
don't think one of those is dependent on the other

it's likely dks2 will be cheap as f but the upgrade itself and the ripoff version will have really bad discounts

Arthea

If Dark Souls 2 goes on sale, will the upgrade price also be lower os just the "game" it self?

Scholar of the First Sin bombed, is it not? but it's probably still too soon for better discount. Although I can see them doing discount for upgrade, if a base game is discounted.

I wonder if we'll get some SE games ported to Steam, like KH

That's very unlikely, seeing as series are now on shitload of different platforms, porting them would be a hassle. Unless you mean that collection, don't remember how is it called.
Still, highly unlikely

Hektor

That's very unlikely, seeing as series are now on shitload of different platforms, porting them would be a hassle. Unless you mean that collection, don't remember how is it called.
Still, highly unlikely

its called "Kindom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix"
Re because of the PS2-Version that is called Re:chain of Memories.
Mix because it contains the Final mix (Directors Cut) Version of Kingdom hearts 1.
HD because its HD (Duh).
And 1.5 because it contains the first game and the titles that take place between 1 and 2.

Japanese devs and their names man.

I wonder if we'll get some SE games ported to Steam, like KH

Does the FFXIII-Saga not count?
But like Arthea said, KH is very unlikely.

The KH-Games arent even available on Digital Plattforms at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
Scholar of the First Sin bombed, is it not? but it's probably still too soon for better discount. Although I can see them doing discount for upgrade, if a base game is discounted.

i hope it bombed, at least on pc

was a huge display of bamco's and from's inexperience with the platform

what a ripoff

also wtf why do you add more spiders to your game ughh

Just do something that makes you stand out from everyone else, and you're all set!

For example, highlighting or displaying your quirks and idiosyncrasies.

Not working, still waiting for my "redhead lover" tag ;_;

This will take time. I will never get a tag

a tag or get banned...

VwXWH70.gif

Chariot

I don't know about Re:Birth 2, but I have a friend who's big on the Neptunia series and I know 100% the original Hypderimension Neptunia 2, and talked about how much of a bitch that was, so I can only imagine what the Re:Birth 2 version might provide.
Congratiolations on the article! :)
And yeaj, it simply tedious. I even cheated a bit today by jumping through time just so I don't have to do nothinf hut wait for another week.

Uwah, that's fast. I haven't even installed it yet. I plan to started playing it after finishing AT.
Nep1 is the only game that I 100%ed so far.
This sounds like you are installing for days now xD
But yeah, nep-nep is relatively easy to 100%, since most of it is grinding, which can be done with half a brain. I watched Gintama while 100% the first nep and Agents of Shield whole doing the second nep.

That sounds like tag begging to me.
Well, why not. Sometimes people get tags for begging.

derExperte

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Good evening fellows.

So I've been wondering for awhile of how long on average it takes to get full member status.

Does anyone here know?

Chariot

Good evening fellows.

So I've been wondering for awhile of how long on average it takes to get full member status.

Does anyone here know?
3 months and 300 posts if my memory isn't dusty. You also should refrain from insulting anybody mother while junior.

I also reccomene to stay away from serious OT topics. People get often culled there.

Not working, still waiting for my "redhead lover" tag ;_;
Patience is a virtue!

Or you could spread the love of redheads in other places too, perhaps some other mod would give you a tag worth 5 out of 5 redheads! :)

Good evening fellows.

Does anyone here know?
3 months and 300 posts, unless you're a glitch in the system like me. Had to ask a mod to look into my case.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
3 months and 300 posts if my memory isn't dusty. You also should refrain from insulting anybody mother while junior.

I also reccomene to stay away from serious OT topics. People get often culled there.

Then I'm halfway there on both requirements.
Time fly by so fast, first post was in aprils steam thread.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Anyone else think it's weird that xbox is co-sponsoring the god damn pc game show on e3?

What do they have to do there, like nobody cares about the streaming capacities from xbox to pc on win10.

Like seriously, they have no reason to be on a game show for PC.
He's already said he won't show any new games exclusive to pc or even port any of the big xbox exclusive, so what does he think he's going to do there?

Might only be me and my complete lack of hope for anything and everything microsoft do.

dex3108

Anyone else think it's weird that xbox is co-sponsoring the god damn pc game show on e3?

What do they have to do there, like nobody cares about the streaming capacities from xbox to pc on win10.

He's already said he won't show any new games exclusive to pc or even port any of the big xbox exclusive, so what does he think he's going to do there?

Well they are trying so there is that :D

Ah yes, the summer sale, I'm completely broke but too busy playing TW3 to care.
Might grab The Evil Within or This War of Mine if they're really cheap.

Sarcasm

Would this be a bad idea? Since steam changed how traveling/living abroad works. I got put in the country I am currently am, which locks me out of my American paypal.

If my sister logs in under my account and buys something with my paypal. Would that be okay?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVKNldT8Wx8

So aquare enix is developing a loli's in mechsuits shooter.

I'll add that it might be free2play as it's only platform shown in the video is pc. (pure speculations)

I don't think Spencer said that.
IIRC in interviews he's been circumventing the question by saying some of the franchises has a place and legacy on the PC but it's not top priority to port or make games for pc.

Chariot

Might only be me and my complete lack of hope for anything and everything microsoft do.
They think we're Philip Petain.

Grief.exe

Like Phil said there will be hardware, software, and games to show off.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah you might be right, they are atleast going to show off fable legends and probably it's crossplay function with xbox.

They'll probably show off some small indies which will be crossplay or crossbuy(gigantic and some small indies that I can't remember)

And if I'm really lucky they might port sunset overdrive.

Thought this was interesting

3M3mOnY.png

People testing the refund system, getting refunds to have money for the sale or Valve killing video games? I guess we'lll know in the future

Zeknurn

DirectX 12 is one of the bigger things to happen to Windows gaming so no, it's not weird that they are sponsoring a PC gaming event. Also where else are they going to announce the new Age of Empires?

fantomena

I have no idea why, but Im very excited for the summer sale and yet I have like almost nothing to buy there.

3M3mOnY.png

People testing the refund system, getting refunds to have money for the sale or Valve killing video games? I guess we'lll know in the future

The 2 hour requirement should be removed no doubt it will be abused, many games on Steam can be finished in under 2 hours.

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/3M3mOnY.png[/IMG

People testing the refund system, getting refunds to have money for the sale or Valve killing video games? I guess we'lll know in the future[/QUOTE]

short games are being killed for sure and I don't think that's a good thing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
All we need is Viva Pinata

well not all, but it sounded right

edited: on second thought, what do we need else?

The first viva piñata is already on pc and it's a blast (I have no cddrive so can't play it though :( )

Would take anything from that serie, almost, like it's never too late to port the sequel or even make a new game with even more gardening mechanics!

The 2 hour requirement should be removed no doubt it will be abused, many games on Steam can be finished in under 2 hours.

short games are being killed for sure and I don't think that's a good thing.

I really think we need to wait a bit for the two reasons I mentioned. This is new, people are curious, they need money for a sale or are refunding recent purchases in hope for a discount. Let's look at some numbers in 2 months before we are saying the idea is a failure (for devs).

I do think that short and story focused games will suffer a bit, but I also think that repeated abuse like that will be handled by Valve.

3M3mOnY.png

Is this the same studio that said their sales plummeted because of refunds but in reality their game was for sale for pennies for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom