• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
you know which ps1 game i wish i had played a lot more of

deception 3

that game was awesome back when i couldn't understand its broken english

Adapter better be a flat nub.

EDIT: Just saw it. Damn. Hate things that stick out like that.

gross

Grief.exe

Where do you get that thought from? Im simply curious. :p

Assumptions.

Assuredly the GOG cversion did well as they were pushing that hard on every other outlet on the internet.

He's talking about taking a measured look at the situation instead of a complete knee-jerk coupled with reaching comparisons. Grief can correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

The major difference with this refund system and the instances you mention is simply oversight. While it appears that Valve is being extremely lenient on their refunds, there is still a metric in place to monitor this stuff, and evaluate. The other situations exist in a grey area that thrived on the lack of any charting. Valve has repeated themselves in stating that they will be monitoring this.

Clearly, nobody is advocating for the death of short games or that those who make very good ones don't deserve compensation. That's a straight up strawman argument that, at worst, is disingenuous and, at best, is just seeking to muddy an argument that could be solved reductively by this this: Why don't we all just wait and see?

You're exactly right.

That's expensive, especially with the Steam controller coming out around the same time.

While I'm not too fond of the USB stick shape of the adapter, I prefer that over the wired adapter I have for my 360 wireless controllers on PC.

You're back! :D

I had no clue that the Xbox controller did work wired-only till now.
That's weird. Even the DS4 works wireless, right?

On that, would it be possible to change the innards of a DS3 with a 360 controller, so that I get the ergonomity of the DS3 but the natural compatibility of a 360 controller?

Milamber

It can't be that hard to make it like this, can it?
vTdqBro.jpg

chronomac

Helllll yes to that wireless Xbox One announcement. Buying that as soon as Amazon updates.

I also entered the contest on that blog entry for a new controller. The 3.5 mm port at the bottom sounds handy (no pun intended).

I want to get that Mega Man Legacy collection on the PC.

but my main controller is the 360 pad.

waitttttt i just remembered that i still have Saturn USB pads. Ok, i should be good.

derExperte

You're tooooo slow! :p

Wasn't there at first, I swear.

Just stick the thing in the back of your machine so you don't have to see it. I don't see a problem.

Or use an USB-cable-extension but I still liked the old one better.

Thanks derExperte.

Too big. Too expensive. Just go for the superior DS4 experience.

Nah. But maybe now that MS announced a (small) revision of the X1 controller Sony will do (a huge) one for DS4.

madjoki

Dude, threads and posts have been made because there actually exist people who cheap enough to buy two-dollar games, finish it under 2 hours, then returned it. That's the main concern of some devs about the new refund policy.

I understand that devs are concerned about it, but all they've given is refund graphs from week before major sale.

It doesn't tell why or when (in relation of completion) it was refunded.

Of course, there's always some willing to game system. But I don't think those would've bought game in first place, so it's not exactly lost sale. Maybe someone ends up trying and liking (and keeping) it too?

Maybe it ends refined, so it's not two hours for all, but less for cheaper games or as decided by developer.

zkylon

zkylewd
I understand that devs are concerned about it, but all they've given is refund graphs from week before major sale.

Of course, there's always some willing to game system. But I don't think those would've bought game in first place, so it's not exactly lost sale. Maybe someone ends up trying and liking (and keeping) it too?

Maybe it ends refined, so it's not two hours for all, but less for cheaper games or as decided by developer.

doubt it'll be decided by devs, as it can be abused on the other side (1 minute for call of duty suckersss!!) and also it would create extra work for valve which them being valve obviously don't want

my personal belief is that they'll just tighten the screws on the "compulsive refunders" or whatever and the rest of us will not tell the difference

baterism

Exactly. I also think the same thing. Those who abuse should be treated like pirated aka those who does not want to pay in the first place, just focus on the one who want to pay.
Does that dongle work with the normal Xbone controller?

Does it work with 360 pad is my main question. Anyone?

Phinor

yeah just can't really get into massive chalice

i like the combat but so much of my enjoyment of xcom comes from having a squad of regulars so this is just not really enjoyable, feels like i'm just going through the motions just appointing whoever seems reasonable as regents/scribes without much thought, and not really caring about if i lose one or two in combat (my first death being by friendly fire was kind of funny tho)

just feel there's something very wrong with this game, i kind of wish you managed bloodlines rather than people, maybe that would've been better

Exactly my thoughts. The idea that all your units are expendable and you won't remember any of them 10 minutes later because they died of old age (or in combat but who cares in this game?) is certainly an interesting twist but how do you make a good game out of that? I was a backer and I don't regret backing it, they really made the game they promised during Kickstarter but in hindsight it's a flawed idea. Different game mechanics fighting each other instead of blending into a great game.

Nabs

I'm really surprised they went and fixed the bumper. So many people played it up like it was perfect or something, but I'm glad MS stepped up and fixed it.

Nah. But maybe now that MS announced a (small) revision of the X1 controller Sony will do (a huge) one for DS4.

I could use a revised DS4.

Gintoki

$80 for the adapter is ridiculous. I think I'll just keep using the xbox one controller till the steam controller drops instead

zkylon

zkylewd
Exactly my thoughts. The idea that all your units are expendable and you won't remember any of them 10 minutes later because they died of old age (or in combat but who cares in this game?) is certainly an interesting twist but how do you make a good game out of that? I was a backer and I don't regret backing it, they really made the game they promised during Kickstarter but in hindsight it's a flawed idea. Different game mechanics fighting each other instead of blending into a great game.
yeah, i think also the problem is that the combat is really enjoyable but the base management interface is so slow and obtrusive that there's just not much motivation to stay long in that

so you're forced over and over to fights and you just send whoever and you just use whoever for regencies and crap, etc. etc.

it just creates a weird sense of nihilism or something lol

i've said the same during the beta and i was hoping they'd fix it somehow, i think there should be ways to make this contradiction interesting, somehow.

like i said, maybe managing bloodlines so you can see some sense of overall progress instead of managing individual units (so you take army reserves from that bloodline to combat and if they die it's like you're losing 'resources'), something like that

Tizoc

Uh oh, sounds like the mgs v preview thread got hit with a big spoiler, watch out guys :-/

I read the spoiler.
Got a good chuckle from it, but it just reminds me of the customization you could do in MGS3 and MGS4's
octo-camo mask thing

madjoki

Someone knows if Steam controller firmware thing will work with any PC game outside Steam?

I think you need to launch from big picture mode to edit controller settings. I hope it will be added to regular client too.

my personal belief is that they'll just tighten the screws on the "compulsive refunders" or whatever and the rest of us will not tell the difference

That's given. It's not like refunds are free for Valve. (Unless you refund to Steam Wallet).

Chico is Quiet and Quiet is Chico.
They're the same person but also brother and sister.

I'm lying of course.

this is metal gear, i'd believe it.

but seriously, if the spoiler is at all related to that then i kinda need to know. I need to know if i should feel ashamed for my words and deeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom