• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

Also, Steam sort your shit, I want to fire up Idlemaster before I go to bed.

Great example how to turn this into something positive. Probably helps that it's a great game and that they're very confident in it.

Haven’t been brave enough to try an early access game yet? Never heard of Witch Beam? Not sure if you like twin stick shooters? No problem.

Want to know more? Click this link to learn about Steam’s new easy refund policy.
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

In case it’s not clear, storefront refunds are a marketing opportunity. Get out there and let people know they can try your games risk free.

milena87

Wait wasnt he working on like 3 kickstarted games?

Pillars and Wasteland 2 are out and his work on Numenera should be pretty much done.

This is big news, though. I wonder what he'll do next, I hope he won't leave gaming, but I fear it will be something like that :/

Maniac

Banned
it's not like other Shadow Hearts games, but it is the first game in series.

you don't want to be able to make what you love all the time and be paid for it? You like suffering doing what you don't like for money that much?

oh, now I get it... new steam feature is not a big deal, lemme guess... izombie is?

iZombie is terribly dull.

Eurogamer said:
"It is true, Bertie," he wrote, "and many well wishes to the folks at Obsidian. On the future, I'm off to pursue new projects, but I can't say anything more at this time beyond life is short, and the ideas keep growing."
more on Eurogamer

Pillars and Wasteland 2 are out and his work on Numenera should be pretty much done.

This is big news, though. I wonder what he'll do next, I hope he won't leave gaming, but I fear it will be something like that :/

Maybe he'll go to work at Bioware or Bethesda and his fandom will rage quit.

L.O.R.D

CHEM4s0W8AAF2mn.jpg

why ? it look very big
i wonder if i can use the 360 controller with it

till now i can't get used on the X1 controller , the RB and LB buttons are hard to press
and every buttons are very clicky and noisy
the left stick felt smaller then the 360
the only good thing about it is the triggers

GaussTek

Steam refunds should have been like Origin's "Great Game Guarantee" policy, IMO.

I would be pretty fine with that and shouldn't bother devs a lot, I guess.

Edit. On a second thought, that would be really BAD for short indie games, so, nope LOL

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
$50 Steam cards - 20% off at Frys today

Bring all your friends and buy gallons of Steam cards for free $$$.

Edit: You can also price match this at best buy, which can sometimes help you get around the "one per purchase" thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Cool deal but limit 1 per customer kinda kills it when you don't have any friends. If you have lots of friends and live near Frys, I think JaseC would like to have a word with you...

The xbone controller has a muchhhhh better dpad

but the sticks seem real loose compared to the 360 pad and the bumpers on the original xb1 controllers seem weird.

so i dunno.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Cool deal but limit 1 per customer kinda kills it when you don't have any friends. If you have lots of friends and live near Frys, I think JaseC would like to have a word with you...

I just read elsewhere that it can be price matched at Best Buy as well, and sometimes when price matching you can end up just buying multiple because they don't pay attention to that part.

There are a lot more Best Buys around than Fry's, so someone could seriously cash out good on this.

Arthea

so as steam is still down, I went to check that amazing Amazon return policy I never heard of for some reason, and it turns to be a lie, go figure.
good riddance, YianGaruga

you can get refund only for unopened games for physical copies, as everywhere and they don't even offer refund for digital games.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People ready to pick up an Xbone controller and wireless dongle for $80.00.

Steam controller at $50, too expensive.

Annubis

Edit: You can also price match this at best buy, which can sometimes help you get around the "one per purchase" thing.

Canada?

so as steam is still down, I went to check that amazing Amazon return policy I never heard of for some reason, and it turns to be a lie, go figure.
good riddance, YianGaruga

you can get refund only for unopened games for physical copies, as everywhere and they don't even offer refund for digital games.

I have personally returned opened games. It's not mentioned on the site, but they don't care. I talked to support about it and they confirmed that for me. (amazon Germany) I still don't understand why you have to make it so personal.

madjoki

I preordered a Steam Controller. Trading card money well spent.

Yeah, that will be my only reason to get steam controller. If Steam only sold more hardware... :)

I'd do it during summer sale, but preorders don't give cards. Might wait for reviews.

Arthea

I have personally returned opened games. It's not mentioned on the site, but they don't care. I talked to support about it and they confirmed that for me. I still don't understand why you have to make it so personal.

You seem to be pretty special, ey?
excuse me for remaining skeptical about something they return policies don't even mention.

Yo, this escalation over nothing.

we just need steam to be up and running and nobody will have time for this shit, it's all Valve's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom