• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I missed that point, honestly. Still, it seems strange Valve grants refunds for six months old titles. I'm pretty sure they still need to tune up the whole thing, and people that will ask refunds too often will have their accounts restricted.

Anyone in the ends can do what they want, but I wouldn't surprise if the whole refunds thing will have a massive "downgrade" because people abused it.

As JaseC said up there (and others have suggested, too), it's probably as open as it is right now because people weren't given the option prior. It'll soon get tightened up and adhere more closely to the timeframe stated. Valve has definitely considered this.

An interesting experiment would be to see if a game purchased after the refund policy was put in place and intentionally pushed outside the 14 days/2 hours limits would still be refunded.

I missed that point, honestly. Still, it seems strange Valve grants refunds for six months old titles. I'm pretty sure they still need to tune up the whole thing, and people that will ask refunds too often will have their accounts restricted.

Anyone in the ends can do what they want, but I wouldn't surprise if the whole refunds thing will have a massive "downgrade" because people abused it.
Just think Amazon's customer support.

Jawmuncher

I'm not digging the redesign. Think it's the longer hair.
300px-Boxshot_(Mirror's_Edge).jpg

Read the whole thing:

Not a bug. A function of the system. Point invalidated.

That's not true anymore though.
They won't take a look if the game falls outside of this new 6 month hard limit that was imposed after the program was launched.
Also, the original refund FAQ said you couldn't request a refund on gifts after they'd been redeemed, but that's false too.

titch

i think i might refund Besiege

i dunno yet

actually considering that too. just feels so overwhelming to me, and im not that creative :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrNo7ONBdU

This needs to be in the game as a multiplayer option!!!!

Speaking of Doorkickers

Doorkickers is really, REALLY good

It's basically Real Time w/Pause SWAT that takes place on the planning screen of Rainbow Six.

I jumped on Breach and Clear during humbles spring sale thinking it was the one i wanted started the game and quickly realised i had got the wrong one :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's not true anymore though.
They won't take a look if the game falls outside of this new 6 month hard limit that was imposed after the program was launched.
Also, the original refund FAQ said you couldn't request a refund on gifts after they'd been redeemed, but that's false too.

The FAQ hasn't changed and the six-month limit on the Steam Help site has been there from the start. Do you have any examples of people being granted a refund on a used gift? I think you've misunderstood something somewhere as that would screw the recipient out of a product.

wilflare

long shot but anyone able to help me out here?
I'm trying to get $40 in PayPal
anyone mind doing a trade with me? I'll send $40 in Google Wallet or Amazon GC

---

No clue, someone must not want to push the button. That or they don't want backlash about no preorder bonuses or something.

which is weird because both XB1 and PS4 versions have their own bonus involved...

PS4
Pre-Order LEGO Jurassic World and receive a free character and vehicle pack containing classic characters like Eric and Paul Kirby. Then cruise around the island in the Animal Control Vehicle and search for dinosaurs!

XB1
The Jurassic Park Trilogy Pack #2 contains classic franchise characters like Lex and Tim Murphy, plus the iconic cruise ship from The Lost World!

madjoki

The FAQ hasn't changed and the six-month limit on the Steam Help site has been there from the start. Do you have any examples of people being granted a refund on a used gift? I think you've misunderstood something somewhere as that would screw the recipient out of a product.

It requires approval from recipient

8ExZXdb.png

F9UoNo8.png

which is weird because both XB1 and PS4 versions have their own bonus involved...

PS4
Pre-Order LEGO Jurassic World and receive a free character and vehicle pack containing classic characters like Eric and Paul Kirby. Then cruise around the island in the Animal Control Vehicle and search for dinosaurs!

XB1
The Jurassic Park Trilogy Pack #2 contains classic franchise characters like Lex and Tim Murphy, plus the iconic cruise ship from The Lost World!

lol, I don't know if I'd consider the Kirbys 'classic' characters.

As JaseC said up there (and others have suggested, too), it's probably as open as it is right now because people weren't given the option prior. It'll soon get tightened up and adhere more closely to the timeframe stated. Valve has definitely considered this.

To a point, but their customer service team is so abysmal that it's rendered moot.
I have a game I was gifted last August (as a pre-order) that I had no interest in. As time has gone on, I have come to loathe this game and would love to have it removed from my account... when it dawned on me that the new refund policy could probably help, I enabled a refund on the gift and contacted the gifter. I explained why I thought the gifter should request a refund, they agreed to try out the new policy. They were promptly dismissed because the purchase was 10 months ago even though the game only has card idling time of 116m on my account.

I followed this up with a request for a refund on it via my own ticket, essentially requesting that steam support take a look at the original request again with potentially more information on why a refund exception should be made. I even put an eyecatcher statement at the end of the ticket saying "if you didn't read any of that, here's what i'm asking in a single sentence: please reconsider refund ticket xx-xxx-xxxx".

I was given a response that was a boilerplate refund response with "use the new refund system to request a refund."

The response I sent back to that was less than kind.

Just think Amazon's customer support.

Ideally, that's how this new steam refund policy *should* work. But because actual steam support is the polar opposite of amazon's customer support, that's not what we currently have.

Maybe the FAQ hasn't changed, but then again, the FAQ originally stated redeemed gifts couldn't be refunded... and yet, they can. Hence the Chariot/Cheesecake Sakura Fantasy experiment.
As far as the actual system/policy goes, It certainly has changed -- the system used to allow people to request a refund on ANYTHING. This is how a poster in here indicated that they tried to refund Borderlands which they purchased several years ago. My gifter was able to REQUEST the refund originally, and was promptly shot down (support using the written guidelines as a crutch and not actually reviewing requests which might merit an exception). After this, I was asked by another GAFer to try to refund a gift purchase they had me make on their behalf. I looked into it only to find that Valve had implemented coding on the refund process to prohibit any game purchased more than 6 months ago from even requesting a refund.

Jawmuncher

looks improved to me.

Agreed!

long hair > short hair
not long enough yet :|
redhead dye would help too

I didn't know we had long hair GAF peeps in here.

PS4

XB1

Yeah all I can think is they don't want to offer any PC bonuses due to the cheaper retail price.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I get this message when I try to refund a game which is about 2 months old.

"We will not be granting a refund at this time. Either the date of the purchase exceeds 2 weeks or playtime exceeds 2 hours (the refund policy maximums)."

So I guess it doesn't work all the time.

JaseC

I took those images week ago. But I don't think it was initially there, it was added fairly soon thought.

That's what I was getting at.

"We will not be granting a refund at this time. Either the date of the purchase exceeds 2 weeks or playtime exceeds 2 hours (the refund policy maximums)."

Interesting. How many refund requests have you submitted and how many of those were approved?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That's what I was getting at.

Interesting. How many refund requests have you submitted and how many of those were approved?

I've submitted one and it was approved after just a few days.

Though this one was lords of the fallen and I had 3 hours (almost exactly) in it so I had neither of the "requirements".

Ah, that definitely wasn't there a week ago.

Actually, it was.

Edit: Saw you meant on the initial reveal, but as madjoki said, it was there within a day or so... cause it took me a few days before I realized I should ask my gifter to request a refund (after the Cheesecake/Chariot experiment) and then it took another day or two before I was able to actually chat with them. The refund was requested most likely, last Thursday or Friday.

JaseC

And CDPR again messed DLCs but Jase could be happy because this maybe means +1

https://steamdb.info/app/370003/

The DLC has used No Cost subs (the type which confers a +1) since CDPR decided to again remove them from the game's own subs a couple of weeks ago. There was initially an issue with the crossbow set (it had a FoD sub instead), but that was quickly(?) fixed.

I've submitted one and it was approved after just a few days.

Though this one was lords of the fallen and I had 3 hours (almost exactly) in it so I had neither of the "requirements".

Ah, okay.

They've pretty much stopped "reviewing" requests for refunds that do not meet the "refund anything" policy and just started throwing out "you're outside the guidelines, stuff it."

Damn might actually be worth the drive down to gothenburg then.

Unless they're paying you to take the Xbox One off their hands, I doubt it.

Steam allowed the refund on Dirt Rally I requested, bought it a month ago but only played 20 minutes. Seems it'll only go through to my Steam Wallet, but thats fine. I'll make that my budget for the sale.

Steam allowed the refund on Dirt Rally I requested, bought it a month ago but only played 20 minutes. Seems it'll only go through to my Steam Wallet, but thats fine. I'll make that my budget for the sale.

The refund isn't instant though. Even if it's to your Steam Wallet it could take 7 days for the money to show up after the refund is accepted which could take a few days itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom