• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Pay $6.41 (average price + $1) or more to unlock!

That's new.

25$ adapter, only works on W10... Lol WTF. Why anyone would get this instead of a PS4 or X360 controller is behind me.

But I already own an X1 pad and will be using W10 very soon. Same for many others and everyone knew the adapter would cost at least 20 bucks.

I kinda stopped! in case you haven't noticed

so, you had no fps skyrocketing to seven hundred something for no reason all the time?
Also how do you even play it? controls are bad and no way to remap that I can see.
Physics aren't impressive, that's true

Doesn't Vsync work for you? And I'm using a gamepad, controls are more complex that normal pinball but it's no big deal imo.

titch

Great collection for anyone thats just got into steam/indie gaming

One day i will pick up braid but not today!!!

I don't know how a lot of you are so sure Skullgirls are easy, I tried to get into, and lemme tell you, these are lies, all lies, Skullgirls are not easy, that's why people suck

Up until I started playing other people I thought I was god damn AWFUL at Skullgirls

Apparently I'm better than average???

I'd love to play you if you want

Jawmuncher

I don't know how a lot of you are so sure Skullgirls are easy, I tried to get into, and lemme tell you, these are lies, all lies, Skullgirls are not easy, that's why people suck

It's all about rocking cerebella. My favorite and to me by far the easiest to pick up and play.
tumblr_myu7t8Y5ES1tnddgvo1_500.gif

Arthea

Doesn't Vsync work for you? And I'm using a gamepad, controls are more complex that normal pinball but it's no big deal imo.

Oh! you are playing with gamepad, so you don't know how bad keyboard controls are. It wouldn't be a problem if customization was available but it's not

i really prefer that +$1 BTA for the final tier than the $10-15 they were doing before. I'll be much more inclined to jump in on that tier if they keep that in place.

I'm ok with this.

Basically what I'm saying is: any case within the 14 days/2 hours played period it's ok. Any other case, well, it's not. If a refunds goes on despite the fact it doesn't match the criteria on the official FAQ, it's clearly a bug, maybe because Steam still needs to tune it properly.

So no one should ask for refunds until Steam 'tunes' it properly? As others have said, it's all on Steam. If i submit a refund and it gets accepted, I don't see how that would be my fault....

The refund isn't instant though. Even if it's to your Steam Wallet it could take 7 days for the money to show up after the refund is accepted which could take a few days itself.

Yeah I knew that, I wasn't trying to act all impatient or anything. It'd have been nice if the refund went to my Paypal instead, but it's no big deal.

I quite enjoyed it for the first four hours or so. After that it got kind of stale.

It's a great game if you like the type of game it is. 2015 gamer won't enjoy it at all, but if you enjoyed similar games in the past, it's more of the same with similar quality level. Not ground-breaking at all, but fun regardless.

Not just Uplay. It's a great game but it does have issues. It's butt ugly and doesn't run well. It has some balance issues, with the game becoming super easy and too combat heavy toward the end. It's also pretty hard at the start of the game so probably puts some people off.

It also doesn't have much of a story and it's an RPG type we don't see a lot of these days so I imagine a lot of people didn't have the best expectations. Add in it being a sequel to a well regarded series and you have some purists taking issues with some of the modern caveats the game has.

It's a Unity game so it runs like shit which is probably the main reason. It's well respected if you're a fan of the genre. I need to get back to it one of these days now that I've upgraded my graphics card twice.

Thanks for the feedback. I do like these type of games and it's been a long time since I've played one from the Might & Magic series.

derExperte

Oh! you are playing with gamepad, so you don't know how bad keyboard controls are. It wouldn't be a problem if customization was available but it's not

Have you tried it lately? Maybe they've added that in one of the patches, they've released some big ones.

Nabs

Hm...I actually don't have Dustforce yet. Cool game?

It was one of my GOTY of 2012. It's pretty great, and has an amazing soundtrack. It just has a bit of a learning curve that takes a bit of time to get over.

i've been terrified to play it because How Long to Beat says that it's +50 hours long.

i aint got time like that.

but everyone swears it's good

It's not a story driven game, so you can play as much as you'd like and get a good amount out of it. 50 hours sounds like someone went for all SS or something. Sounds crazy.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yep, it's one of the worst things about the DS3, other than it being a pain to get a proper grip. That dpad is responsive, but the texture is not easy on the thumb.

I read these comments and I just wonder how you guys hold your controllers, I mean I'm aware than hand size/thickness varies from person to person but still...

Recently I had an episode with me gf, she plays mainly PS2 stuff sometimes PS3/Steam, where she asked me how I held it because for her it was uncomfortable. I asked her to show me how she held it and I noticed she tried to grip it instead of letting it rest on her hands.

But yeah, stuff...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I don't understand the controller thing really I can use any of them just fine! Only exception is Dreamcast since the triggers hurt my fingers after a bit of Jet Set Radio.

Arthea

Up until I started playing other people I thought I was god damn AWFUL at Skullgirls

Apparently I'm better than average???

I'd love to play you if you want

I'm not going anywhere near you if you are better than average, that means more or less god tier as far as Skulllgirs are concerned.

And you wouldn't want to, seeing as I picked my cool girl Parasoul and couldn't master even her, I got so disgusted with myself (not making half of special attacks when intended does it to you) that I uninstalled the game and decided I'm too old for this stuff, if that's what kids call easy these days. Now that was awful and not what you think.

btw, which character are you playing?

Have you tried it lately? Maybe they've added that in one of the patches, they've released some big ones.

I didn't, maybe I should, I'll do that after the sale, will let you know how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom