• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Wh60SLB.jpg

Dark Souls 3 Art Confirms 'Early 2016' Release

I'm not going anywhere near you if you are better than average, that means more or less god tier as far as Skulllgirs are concerned.

And you wouldn't want to, seeing as I picked my cool girl Parasoul and couldn't master even her, I got so disgusted with myself (not making half of special attacks when intended does it to you) that I uninstalled the game and decided I'm too old for this stuff, if that's what kids call easy these days. Now that was awful and not what you think.

btw, which character are you playing?

I didn't, maybe I should, I'll do that after the sale, will let you know how it went.

Ms. Fortune is my main

I still think I'm awful so we can play my man

http://steamcommunity.com/id/etdp

Grief.exe

My hype!

Close enough.

q7nTIuL.png

I'm missing some of those, I will probably grab that bundle. Heard so many good things about Risk of Rain alone.

Wow, Norwegian retailer has the PS4 version of Witcher 3 for 200 nok aka 25$. Not bad.

http://www.elkjop.no/product/spill-...ion-4/PS4WITCHER3/witcher-3-the-wild-hunt-ps4

Wrong OT?

Uzzy

Anyone who says that fighting games are easy is a damn dirty liar. Unless you're some prodigy, then they're an immense slog, where you can spend hundreds of hours just getting past the gutter trash level.

That said, Skullgirls is probably one of the easiest fighting games to get into, and a great one to start with, due to having one of the best tutorial modes in the genre.

iosefe

my refund when through

purchased Feb 4th and played 3hrs56min. refund was processed in one hour. now i wait.

i guess the system works

I had to leave the thread for a while after having my eyes dilated for the first time, from which it seemed to take forever to recover, and:

- the refund discussion got weirdly personal for a brief period

- Humble rolled out a bundle that, while kick ass for someone starting on a blank slate, seems to totally misread their audience of feverish collectors

- fucking Lashman came back to us!

Does that about cover it? I need to schedule eye exams more often if they're going to be this productive.

rtcn63

So to those in the know- should we expect a Dark Souls x Jurassic World crossover? I want transforming happy meal toys damnit.

Anyone who says that fighting games are easy is a damn dirty liar. Unless you're some prodigy, then they're an immense slog, where you can spend hundreds of hours just getting past the gutter trash level.

That said, Skullgirls is probably one of the easiest fighting games to get into, and a great one to start with, due to having one of the best tutorial modes in the genre.

The only people that can say that fighting games are easy are the same people that have a lot of experience with them so if for example i had a lot of experience playing marvel vs capcom then i would see skullgirls as a easy game.

Ms. Fortune is my main

I still think I'm awful so we can play my man

http://steamcommunity.com/id/etdp

Added you in case you want someone to play Skullgirls , im from south america so the connection will not be that good but we can at least try :v

Mr. Doop

Can someone be a sexy thing and help me get that Portal Pinball for half off? I don't have Portal 1 or 2...

I'm assuming this is because you have them on different systems, correct? I can't believe that someone on here doesn't have at least one of them.

Turfster

Hell, Portal's been free a couple of times now, hasn't it?

Turf I bought Quest for Glory. I hope your happy.

I promise to try and get to it soonish

That'll do, Khronico, that'll do.
Doing mixed builds leads to the most fun gameplay. (I usually go for a thief with magic combo, but pretty much everything works)
Remember, you can take your character and import it into the next game every time, which'll open up even more options.
Also, if you want to try going for paladin by the end of the second game (not really something I'd advise on your first playthrough, really), you're basically not allowed to do any 'dishonourable' thieving.

Vazduh

Heard so many good things about Risk of Rain alone.

It's great fun in co-op... when it works. Last time (month or two ago) we had to use some third party app called evolve (hamachi 1.x support was cancelled :( ) to even connect to the host. And when we started, ping was always 200+. Funny thing is latest patch notes included:
  • Changed the way the online multiplayer connects to the host, should no longer get stuck on “forced item-sharing”
while we never managed to connect to the host without using some other app.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm assuming this is because you have them on different systems, correct? I can't believe that someone on here doesn't have at least one of them.
Do I have it on any system? Well no. But I have played Portal 2 on PS3 before. Never had the pleasure to enjoy the original however.

Edit: I also saw Jurassic Park in it entirety for the first time yesterday. My best friend forced me to. It seem like there are my classic things I have yet to enjoy.

Miguel81

I read these comments and I just wonder how you guys hold your controllers, I mean I'm aware than hand size/thickness varies from person to person but still...

Recently I had an episode with me gf, she plays mainly PS2 stuff sometimes PS3/Steam, where she asked me how I held it because for her it was uncomfortable. I asked her to show me how she held it and I noticed she tried to grip it instead of letting it rest on her hands.

But yeah, stuff...

I do hold it properly, and I don't palm it like the X360 or DS4 pads. It's just that it requires re-adjustment quite often, which is not the case with the DS4. I'm alternating between the two due to 4's battery life.

I've been using the Dualshocks since the original in the 90s and it's always been like this for me.

the best thing about dark souls 3 being official now is that dark souls 2 DX11 edition should be getting a nice damn discount this summer sale.

I hope so. Still haven't played DSII in any form.

iosefe

It's great fun in co-op... when it works. Last time (month or two ago) we had to use some third party app called evolve (hamachi 1.x support was cancelled :( ) to even connect to the host. And when we started, ping was always 200+. Funny thing is latest patch notes included:
  • Changed the way the online multiplayer connects to the host, should no longer get stuck on “forced item-sharing”
while we never managed to connect to the host without some other app.

i had issues even connnecting to someone on my local network

:(

chronomac

while we never managed to connect to the host without some other app.

I played through Risk of Rain months ago with a couple people and it took half an hour (or longer, can't remember) to get the ports set up right so we could play. I think I had to mess with my router options to open something up.

It's a lot of fun when you get there though.

user237

Why not just let everybody download and play any game they want, for 2 hours, without having to buy it? And if they want to continue then they have to buy, and they will already have it downloaded and installed.

Alrighty, got my Bad Rats badge all ready to craft for the upcoming Steam sale. Not sure how many badges I'll need for this meta; I'm hoping not too many.

Why not just let everybody download and play any game they want, for 2 hours, without having to buy it? And if they want to continue then they have to buy, and they will already have it downloaded and installed.

Because several games on Steam take less than two hours to finish, and developers of those games would never see a dime from their game ever again?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (GOG) -- MB-F96EFEFF3F66826E - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.

t1433919108z1.png

Nabs

while we never managed to connect to the host without using some other app.

I bet PS4 multiplayer won't require tunneling software.

Yes, I'm salty. The game has moved almost a million units and still doesn't have functional online multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom