• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

Really hoping for a good Falcom sale. Maybe I'll try the Sherlock Holmes games too if they are discounted. I missed the deal on Crime and Punishment T.T

Backlogger

I don't mind Humble Bundles with repeats. It saves me money and it gives a chance to folks who are new to PC gaming to get some good games.

chronomac

This makes me think one of two things:

1. They really don't want the player base to abandon the game after a couple months like Halo 4.

2. It's going to launch with a less than stellar multiplayer game.

It's a goodwill gesture more than anything, after the Master Chief Collection catastrophe.

Finally got around to trying the Txk vr demo which I downloaded ages ago and it makes me heartbroken that the pc port got cancelled. Incredible way to play the game.

Thorgal

Something ive been wondering with the refund policy :

If it was put in place last year , would it have prevented Shitshows like Assassin's Creed from happening ?

dex3108

As i said two new W3 DLCs :D

11403343_10153038886119331_2523077932504869303_n.png

Thorgal

Also , how would they fix the problem of somebody buying a game , idling the game till they have all the cards .
then ask for a refund and sell the cards to cash in on both .

Would it remove those cards from your inventory or even pull them off the market ?

chronomac

Also , how would they fix the problem of somebody buying a game , idling the game till they have all the cards .

Would it remove those cards from your inventory or even pull them off the market ?

If you do this enough they'll probably just ban your ass.

What happens to the money that gets refunded? Like lets say everyone who owns Bad Rats requested a refund for it (and are eligible). Would the publisher have to pay back what they made from those sales or does it not work that way?

I'm finally getting into Dark Souls, and I've had a ton of fun...then I got to the Capra Demon.
u8FOYij.gif

You'll love
Blighttown
then.

Backlogger

I thought if you played for more than 2 hours you were ineligible for a refund. Yeah, you could still get a few cards but meh, hardly seems worth the hassle for a few pennies here and there. They could also throttle card drops if that is being overly abused.

rtcn63

Capra Demon is where I stopped during my first playthrough on the 360. He's one of the first bosses that requires a genuine bit of out-of-the-box thinking... and serious luck in evading the dogs.

Head straight for the stairs, climb to the top, and try and land the drop attack on the boss. Same one you used with whats-his-face and the ladder earlier on. And whack the dogs when the opportunity arises.

I'm finally getting into Dark Souls, and I've had a ton of fun...then I got to the Capra Demon.
u8FOYij.gif

I know that feel bro. It's a right of passage.

I'll never understand why people think this guy is so difficult. I beat him first try.

Doop OP

Mostly because of those dogs stunlocking you and then having Capra - bro bashing their face in .

Yup basically this. Enter room, have .3s to make a decision, anything less than perfect results in death.

Mr. Doop

Mostly because of those dogs stunlocking you and then having Capra - bro bashing their face in .

I'm pretty sure the first thing I did when I fought him was killing the dogs. I just kept running up the stairs and dropping on his head after that.

I didn't really think Blighttown was that hard either. I did have a lot of trouble with Sen's Fortress, though.

tumblr_inline_nbppnlYdHT1rhpk9w.png

For real though, that guy is an early game boss. If he's too hard, you're in for a world of hurt.

And if you think he's bullshit, just wait for Pikachu and Snorlax.

He's actually pretty easy as his attacks are predictable and have short range... which doesn't matter at your first meeting since arena is small and dogs are there as well :p

You should better get used to him though...
Humble All Stars bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • World of Goo
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Dustforce DX
TIER 2: BTA
  • Dungeon Defenders Collection
  • LIMBO
  • Braid
TIER 3: BTA+1$
  • Risk of Rain
  • Antichamber
Heard a lot about Braid but it's the only thing I want and not worth 4,30€.
What is the best class to play for a Dark Souls beginner?
Pyro

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

I'd imagine: Remove any cards earned. If you've sold cards, you aren't allowed a refund.

Alternatively, no card drops for at least 2 hours.

Chariot

Actually, it was.

Edit: Saw you meant on the initial reveal, but as madjoki said, it was there within a day or so... cause it took me a few days before I realized I should ask my gifter to request a refund (after the Cheesecake/Chariot experiment) and then it took another day or two before I was able to actually chat with them. The refund was requested most likely, last Thursday or Friday.
Still don't have the refund btw. and no answer anywhere. Damn Sakura lovers.

AHA-Lambda

Is there a release estimate for Torment: Tides of Numenera?

I just realised how many RPGs are coming out so soon that I'm interested in ._.

Grief.exe

Good time to remind everyone that Hitbox, developers of Dust Force, have an interesting arena shooter-inspired roguelike in development.

tumblr_npoz5aoDYP1tttl5qo1_1280.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What happens to the money that gets refunded? Like lets say everyone who owns Bad Rats requested a refund for it (and are eligible). Would the publisher have to pay back what they made from those sales or does it not work that way?

Only Valve can answer that, but I'd guess, given how incredibly unlikely it is, in cases where the refund total exceeds revenue total, the difference is applied to next month's stream (Valve pays out monthly) and the developer starts off in the negative or Valve pays the difference so devs don't have to work their way back up to being paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom