• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from my experience the ps4's wifi is way worse than my ps3. my ps4 is actually positioned closer to the router(but still some distance away) and the ps3 still does shit better than it.

from my experience the ps4's wifi is way worse than my ps3. my ps4 is actually positioned closer to the router(but still some distance away) and the ps3 still does shit better than it.

My PS4 and my wifi router were only separated by like 10 feet and it ran like fucking garbage. Sony should upgrade the wifi in the newer models or provide powerline adapters with their consoles because it's embarrassing.

rtcn63

USB 3.0 can be absolute shit, depending on the motherboard, the drivers, and the controller on the device you're hoping to connect. Just google "usb 3.0 disconnect".

Sini

Wreckfest is finally getting an update after having none for over 8 months
We're pleased to announce that the next update of Wreckfest is scheduled for this month, and it will mark an important milestone for our game. In the update we will be introducing our completely new tire and suspension simulation model that will provide for a much more immersive driving experience on both tarmac and sand. The update will also feature our next-generation DirectX 11 rendering engine that will make it possible to faithfully recreate realistic environments with advanced physically based materials and lighting.
New simulator-grade physics engine with advanced tire and suspension geometry simulation.
New DirectX 11 rendering engine with realistic physically based materials and lighting.
64-bit operating system support for optimal performance on modern computer systems.
Hardware MSAA anti-aliasing with advanced foliage transparency antialiasing.
Dedicated server for optimized multiplayer performance with command-line and remote configuration features.
Steam leaderboards and player statistics for tracking and comparing performance with other players.
Support for changing the track and the car in lobby as well as adding bots to multiplayer events.
New game modes Team Race and Elimination Race, guaranteed to provide explosive racing action for 2-4 teams.
One new track and another one completely overhauled.
Two new cars, an American and a European one.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/228380/announcements/detail/242413803139076759

zOZOufA.png

untitledmrkdy.png

gw2-logo.1600230148.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
pathologic remake's latest ks update is pretty cool

tons of pictures of weird ass furniture they're adding to the game

i love the look of it

just look at this thing

Plato perceived material objects as imperfect projections of ideal forms. It’s definitely not our place to argue if we believe him or not, but one thing is certain: material objects have immaterial value attached to them. They have histories and emotional shapes. And those are important.

i love those guys

perfect ;_;

"NO" that was sad
brutal

major going off doe

wish they had made it like a two hour special or something cos the ending felt a bit rushed, but yea, fuck i love this show

Turfster

MacGameStore has Dungeons 2 40% off

Memoria is 75% off on Steam for 24 hours

Gamesplanet has Ridge Racer Unbounded and The Evil Within 75% off

---
Okay, I think I've narrowed down my new replacement monitors.
EIZO FORIS FS2434 & iiyama ProLite XB2783HSU
Why the fuck is it so hard to choose these things these days =p

Sal Ami

Banned
Hopefully the meta game in this sale does not require constant attention but merely a few minutes of focus a day. I am switching over to night shift and that will probably make it a difficult endeavor.

So yeah, I decided to try out Deus Ex the fall. Upon doing a non-lethal takedown on someone when everyone else had their back turned, the body disappeared entirely before they even had the chance to see it.

I promptly uninstalled it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So yeah, I decided to try out Deus Ex the fall. Upon doing a non-lethal takedown on someone when everyone else had their back turned, the body disappeared entirely before they even had the chance to see it.

You don't know how hard I'm laughing right now. Sounds absolutely awful.

r3n4ud

Hopefully the meta game in this sale does not require constant attention but merely a few minutes of focus a day. I am switching over to night shift and that will probably make it a difficult endeavor.

Hello my fellow night shifter! This will be you after a few a few shifts :p

image.php

And ya, the meta games are a bugger for us :/

You don't know how hard I'm laughing right now. Sounds absolutely awful.

I knew it had a shit reputation, but I wanted to actually see for myself.

The tutorial was horrific. Forced combat, requiring NPCs to open doors for you. Not to mention the whole "Yeah, we're just gonna let you buy as many weapons and as much ammo as you want AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm kinda hoping for the same thing.
I'm going to be in the hospital for a few days this weekend, hopefully not longer.
I love it when they've done elaborate stuff in the past but I won't personally have time for that sort of stuff most likely.

Wait, so you're saying you don't like eased-zooming recoil effects?

I've been meaning to give it a shot one of these days just to see the how bad it is first-hand, but I haven't gotten around to it. Might be something worth streaming if I ever get around to streaming.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 27 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Star -- MB-BF09075359966D51 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-CFD414AA8857EFC8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Monument Builders Alcatraz -- MB-A8BFB470A529CDDF - Taken by TheMadMan007. 3 entrants total.
Cyberpunk 3776 -- MB-F4884C18D1186224 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-CA03E0C505F9374A - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-2A3D598274F74449 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
R.O.O.T.S -- MB-BC4F57B9EA60F151 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-32C3B9C4309E3FA0 - Taken by Haunted. 5 entrants total.
Lucid -- MB-743D97A1F628D56D - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Drive To Hell -- MB-AA176D984AB01E3A - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Voyage to Farland -- MB-01F38B17916D0D3C - Taken by lindarasta. 4 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-75CA6B6466518631 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Insecticide Part 1 -- MB-BF06A2FFA52EBDCD - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Project Temporality -- MB-422BDA68FB54F336 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-8252C89AE25234EB - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Residue Final Cut -- MB-4B909D8B4F5C54DF - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.

Luminosity -- MB-78BCAA48E1BBFFA5 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 3 entrants total.
Terra Incognita Chapter One The Descendant -- MB-5D8120869BDEC5EE - Taken by Miniboss. 3 entrants total.
David -- MB-274981FAEA62D6B2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Silent Service -- MB-6AD2BEFC7D9A8A89 - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
Escape Machines -- MB-F668173BD99F5928 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Alex Hunter Lord of the Mind Platinum Edition -- MB-BA9930D023CAF087 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Glorkian Warrior The Trials Of Glork -- MB-5CEE8C111404300F - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Fortune's Tavern The Fantasy Tavern Simulator -- MB-7BAAC1B06250B5AF - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Hare In The Hat -- MB-358A225970B5F3CB - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Silent Service 2 -- MB-A7B568775F0E0C3D - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Crazy Cars Hit the Road -- MB-60EA498A2EBC8E72 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.

t1433975501z1.png

Wait, so you're saying you don't like eased-zooming recoil effect?

I've been meaning to give it a shot one of these days just to see the how bad it is first-hand, but I haven't gotten around to it. Might be something worth streaming if I ever get around to streaming.

I don't think I noticed that in the "Yeah, we're gonna force you into crossbowing these 3 guys cause we're a dumb tutorial" (due to the aforementioned bodies disappearing, I do not know whether the crossbow was lethal or non-lethal), but I had heard about it.

I think such a stream would require me to be pretty drunk to be able to survive through it.

zkylon

zkylewd

that shit is funnier every time i look at it lol

Sal Ami

Banned
Hello my fellow night shifter! This will be you after a few a few shifts :p

image.php

And ya, the meta games are a bugger for us :/
I love night shift. I am a night person. I did not anticipate the steam sale hitting while I am working 12 hour shifts though.

Shadownet

Banned
How's that cost + .05% discount doing for ya?

It's actually cost + .10? now. Have been that way for years.

and ehh. Nothing really special. The discount is only good if you need cables, TVs, Sound System or other stuff they really mark up.

I bought my mom a Lightning Charger for my mom which was nice. It was basically like a 85% discount. Bought myself a Micro USB cable for my phone which was like a 99% discount haha

Shame I miss GameStop employee discount but with Best Buy Gamer Club. It's actually a better deal.

RS4-

Feels bad, went to the shop down the street hoping they'd have $20 or $50 steam cards; instead they have $100.

Bought it :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair, I think that bug was patched out at some point, thankfully.

Vazra

Feels bad, went to the shop down the street hoping they'd have $20 or $50 steam cards; instead they have $100.

If you don't want that $100 card I'll take it (For free that is)
tumblr_m88gyaDtgu1rbfp7do1_400.gif

:p

Im tryin to organize myself a bit to beat some indies/short games this year and clean some backlog. The plan is to clear at least 30 games this year and from what I count I have already done 10.

Sal Ami

Banned
I'm kinda hoping for the same thing.
I'm going to be in the hospital for a few days this weekend, hopefully not longer.
I love it when they've done elaborate stuff in the past but I won't personally have time for that sort of stuff most likely.
We will not have fancy badges this time around, friend.

I do not see you using all that money in the summer sale. The Christmas sale is where the meat of steam sales lie.

Shadownet

Banned
Btw, for those of you who do have the Witcher 3 trading cards that you don't need. I am willing to trade you any cards I have in my possession for them.

Trying to get that max level badge. So if you want to make me an offer. Go look through my Steam inventory, pick out a card you want and trade me your Witcher 3 card. Basically a 1 for 1 trade. You can do multiple at once if you wish.

My Steam link is on my GAF Profile.

Currently working IdleMaster on overtime right now to get more cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1v03aZc.png

I'm so bored that this is actually entertaining now.

RS4-

We will not have fancy badges this time around, friend.

I do not see you using all that money in the summer sale. The Christmas sale is where the meat of steam sales lie.

Yeah, past few years I haven't spent that much, and there really isn't anything on my wish list that screams 'buy me right now.' One of those 'just in case' type of things.

Tizoc

Can I just say that the W600B HDTV from Sony is fucking amazing? I have the 60" one and damn do things look soooooooo much better than on the old Panasonic TV we used.

Now that's one HDTV you can use to show off your high end looking PC games.

Vazra

So I didn't get an answer before. Will this thread be up during the sale? And will Modbot still do giveaways in here?

There will be a sales thread if its anything like last year so people going hard on sales talk can go there and keep this one as it normally flows and giveaways can happen on both threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom