• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

[DeutschGAF] Don't know if you know RocketBeans, it's a 24hrs gaming (mostly) channel run by dudes who once were at Giga and GameOne with lots of live content. They'll be Twitch's official German E3 broadcaster, so that's what I'll be watching most of the time.

derExperte

According to the comments the DayZ price increase was announced long ago and it's permanent. Also while something like that is questionable at best it happens in retail too. Or before some big sale some products get removed from the shelves. Don't think Valve can do anything about it, just call the devs/pubs out and avoid and buy something else.

MaxiLive

It's too bad this happens, Valve shouldn't let companies do this.

It's a common practice in any market, hike the price up to RRP so the discount looks even more tasty. The only thing this does is make a 60% off look like a 75%.

Then at the end of the day it is up to the consumer to hit buy. Has a game you want hit your £5 spending limit?! Then get it, if not then wait...

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
[DeutschGAF] Don't know if you know RocketBeans, it's a 24hrs gaming (mostly) channel run by dudes who once were at Giga and GameOne with lots of live content. They'll be Twitch's official German E3 broadcaster, so that's what I'll be watching most of the time.

Awesome!
Will watch for sure :)

Will they do live comments for the conferences? Because then I have to decide between the Beans and Giantbomb... no easy decision

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Space Rangers HD A War Apart -- MB-178A82C15EB29D05 - Taken by derExperte
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-F7A21A426C37BB52 - Taken by Cyldman

Just saw this in the Final Bosman thread. I wonder how many will feel like that after the E3 conferences. Someone there said the gif might see a lot of uses after some conferences.

bosmangifp0jed.gif

Tizoc

That price raising thing needs its own thread so it gets more awareness.

Just finished Broken Age Act 2.
Really enjoyed the game overall from start to finish, dunno what y'all are hating on it for.

I'm putting in my GotY list.
Would play again <3

Asgaro

Someone makes a witty 'Valve makes no games' joke. Cue four pages of quoting and laughing.

Is there a forum that's like NeoGAF ca. 2010? I'm not delusional and asking for the quality from earlier than that but there must be something better than what we have now.

It's only downhill from here, boys.
We need moar DANK MEMES.

Some stuff before the onslaught:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Luminosity -- MB-A2B7544DAADE52C1 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
DAVID. -- MB-F79A95CEE9847B01 - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.
Glorkian Warrior: The Trials Of Glork -- MB-B920181DDAF40EBE - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-BB6AD9023BD48FD4
Metrocide -- MB-83719E5898834BD2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.

t1434024464z1.png

That price raising thing needs its own thread so it gets more awareness.

Just finished Broken Age Act 2.
Really enjoyed the game overall from start to finish, dunno what y'all are hating on it for.

I'm putting in my GotY list.
Would play again <3

Absolutely, name and shame.

Age of Decadence. :( Least it means it might finally go on sale.

Anyone think there will be a "meta" with cards and such or even summer cards for combining? I sold 10 dollars worth last night of cards but I still have 18 tabs to sell. Wondering if I should keep them.

Uzzy

He's lived more in his dotage than most people will live in their entire lifetimes. A proper legend of the screen.

He'll be rocking away with Peter Cushing now, at least.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Peter Jackson began coaching Lee on the sound a man makes when he’s stabbed to death. Lee, very calmly stopped Jackson and informed him that he was well aware how a man reacted upon being stabbed from first hand experience.

Christopher Lee was one hell of a badass.

madjoki

Anyone think there will be a "meta" with cards and such or even summer cards for combining? I sold 10 dollars worth last night of cards but I still have 18 tabs to sell. Wondering if I should keep them.

Does Valve want as much money as is possible?

Yes, at least I hope so.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-E4E365B8A597AD11 - Taken by Spirited

If I could play them without jumping through hoops, I'd have no problems.

I guess the condition is that you can play them normally while you reside in your own country. If you ever move out though, the game becomes unplayable. You'd have to contact Steam support and provide visa/work permit documentation and then wait for them to promptly unlock the games for you.

RU versions of Ubisoft games are only in Russian, does that apply to you as well? I consider that the epitome of bullshittery btw, everyone loses.

Nope, nothing of the sort. Nobody localizes for Indian languages so English is a must for anything sold here.

No, though I did have region locked games in my account, but that was before I commited to this steam business.

I don't like the idea of having region locked games in principle.

I find it supremely absurd that a company would want to charge me full dollar price for a game and still sell me a region locked copy.

As a more practical consideration, I'm unlikely to ever play through a game more than once. And so it really shouldn't matter once what version I have once I'm done playing it. It's just a weird mental block I have against region locked media. Not a fan of it in the slightest.

Rudakus

Thanks to enhanced Steam I know that it's my Steam birthday. This must be a sign birthday AND sale starts today... hell yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom