• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 - Wait for the Steam Sale Thread You Bastards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Sadly is a single-player thing too. If it would be a cosmetic only feature (I saw someone on MG Twitter posting a screen about a hat) related to MGO, it would be ok.
But it's not.
It's a single-player thing, since someone already played the game and confirmed that, in order to perform several actions fast, the game says you need to be connected to PSN (in order to purchase the...upgrade? Reduced time? How can we call this?).

This can really break the game.

Konami is just greedy. Tho you can't really blame them. The 30$ demo probably didn't even offset the cost of hiring Kiefer Sutherland. They are probably in scramble mode right now to milk as much money as possible. The game is massive and they haven't even started marketing it yet. Gonna be interesting to see how well the game sells.

But yea $60 full priced games should not have microtransactions. Its just wrong on so many levels. Gamers are too blame for that stuff as well for allowing it. There needs to be more backlash for it.

Jawmuncher

JawMuncher alert!
tumblr_njxfywwhkp1scll6no4_1280.jpg

That sure would be something. Imagine that chasing the jeep in JP1. Makes watching regular birds all the more interesting though.

Asgaro

I'm finally getting into Dark Souls, and I've had a ton of fun...then I got to the Capra Demon.
u8FOYij.gif

I plan on buying Dark Souls 1 and/or 2.

Is DS 1 still recommended when I will be playing with KB&M?
I read it's an awful disgusting port but that it has partially been fixed by the community?

Or should I go immediately with DS 2?

Nabs

I read it's an awful disgusting port but that it has partially been fixed by the community?

Never ignore Dark Souls. I think there is a mouse fix that should be helpful, but I haven't had the need to try it.

Is there absolutely no way for you to get a controller?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Both games are horrible to play if you only use kb/m

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

Dark Souls 1 is still very highly recommended. It's not really a disgusting port so much as it it bare bones with graphics options, but DSfix--the Durante mod--fixes a lot of that. It's pretty easy to use too.

I've never played with a KB/M, but the last time I remember someone mentioning playing it that way I don't think they were too favorable about it. I imagine it might make the game more difficult in some spots, probably where you don't want to or can't use the lock on option.

Haven't played DS2 yet. Hoping to grab the Scholar of the First Sin edition at some point on the cheap but I doubt it'll be in the $5-10 range like DS1 any time soon.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm actually quite upset that Sir Christopher Lee is now gone. He was one hell of an actor, especially in my favorite movies of all time.

Rest in Peace, Good Sir. You deserved it. <3

Nabs

I installed it again last night is it always "checks ever 15 minutes"? I feel like it was getting cards really slowly

Idlemaster has nothing to do with the drop rate, that's all on the developer. The timer is just used to limit the number of times it has to check your badge page. It goes from 15 minutes to 5 when it's on the last card.

tioslash

I need a list of games that is rising prices for the Sale. I won't be buying those games. Not supporting shady practices.

Are they doing that again? Didn´t check the thread.

It´s like big sales on online stores from my country. They almost double the price of tons of products, and sell basically for the same price it was before the sale. The majority of people won´t notice this, so they see 50% off and buy right away.

I installed it again last night is it always "checks ever 15 minutes"? I feel like it was getting cards really slowly

Didn´t notice it...I guess it was working fine. But depending on the game can take very long to drop. Some took me almost 8 hours.

Tizoc

VGTV today:
12pm: The Burns Unit
2pm: Metal Gear Solid 5 hands-on impressions
4pm: Street Fighter 5 hands-on impressions & new gameplay

Get hype!
https://twitter.com/VideoGamerCom/status/608949283392507904

wILL be shown here in like 2 hours time for SF5 stuff
https://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGamerTV

Absolutely, name and shame.

Age of Decadence. :( Least it means it might finally go on sale.

sO HAS anyone made a thread already? I'm Junior so I can't make any :V

I'm at 40 completed games for the year, 43 if you count the 3 games i got fed up with and decided to no longer waste my time on. I'm looking at a good 80-100 games finished this year, really going to put a killer dent into my backlog!

I feel weird about putting Honest Hearts as one entry but my rationalization is that each entry has to basically have a campaign to it. So while i would count HH as one entry, i wouldn't count each episode of a telltale game as an entry since they're all parts to a whole.

I just thought about sharing that in here since i know we have a handful of 52 games a year folks here and wanted to see how you folks are holding up.

Remember the same happening with "Running with rifles" last winter sale. Devs explained with EA games getting gradually more expensive as development continues - which is right - but the timing leads to doubts. Probably some devs will argue similarly.
He was a good actor and lead a long and adventurous life.
He'll be missed.
[DeutschGAF] Don't know if you know RocketBeans, it's a 24hrs gaming (mostly) channel run by dudes who once were at Giga and GameOne with lots of live content. They'll be Twitch's official German E3 broadcaster, so that's what I'll be watching most of the time.
Hab erst vor Kurzem von denen gehört. Weiß nicht. E3 war immer was internationales für mich und deshalb auf Englisch immer angeschaut. Werd's wahrscheinlich auf Youtube anschauen. Stabiler Stream ftw!

Translation: Heil German Sauerkraut.
Those that won't buy anything for sure during the sale are welcomed to join me in this sanctuary.
Always say the same too but then some games with really good discounts come up and I open my (toy) warchest :/

That gif is good and I'd post it too for any reason :D

Lain

http://steamcommunity.com//app/236390/discussions/0/598198173699336466/#p3

Glad to see some defense force is already getting to work.

Do you realize you are complaining just as uselessly as people do in the real world right now? You're complaining about something you never noticed, something you don't care about, and something you don't intend to buy or pay any attention to. Now that somebody points it out, you go all, "Ohhhh this is bad! They're bad people! Roar! Angry!" You're absolutely stupid for doing that. You're doging on something you never realized and NEVER knew existed probably. You want to know what would have happened if this thread wasn't made? Nobody would care, nobody would notice, nobody would call it illegal and have their panties up their asses.

By pointing out the fact that all of you are complaining when, like I said, you would otherwise be ignoring it and look at it and go, "Huh, would you like at that." and go about your merry day does not mean I am trying to get them more money. Would you like to show which of my words say I'm "shilling" for them? Oh right, none, I'm just pointing out how you're all over reacting like children when their parents give them one less present the next birthday.

My entire arguement thus far just screams annoyance at ignorance. Please, show me where I'm "shilling" for them? Come on then, tell me where I'm telling all of you to buy the pack, tell me where I tell all of you to ignore everything and buy it all now! No, I'm pointing out how all of you WON'T buy it regardless. If you're so stupid not to realize that NOT BUYING IT means I'm NOT "SHILLING" then I'm done with you, your ignorance is bliss.

Have ANY of you managed to realize how much of a deal this pack is already? Compared to paying, what, $80 worth of gold for all that, you're getting it for $50. What's the issue? There is no issue honestly.

I maintain the opinion that reading posts on the steam forums is bad for someone's sanity.

Idlemaster has nothing to do with the drop rate, that's all on the developer. The timer is just used to limit the number of times it has to check your badge page. It goes from 15 minutes to 5 when it's on the last card.

Good to know, I guess it works just the cards it was idling for were slow drops.

Nabs

Good to know, I guess it works just the cards it was idling for were slow drops.

I think some devs cranked it up to 2hr per card.

for the new page:

Imagine taking the perfect online gaming experience and one of the most popular Worms games ever made, adding a touch of Steam achievements, leaderboards, cloud saves, full controller support; a little sprinkle of 1080 / 60FPS, and you have Worms World Party Remastered!

Just got an e.mail through from Tale of Tales, Sunset will be going 50% off to $10. Bit disappointing that, given it only released a couple weeks ago.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
STEAM RELEASE PLEASE!

Not gonna happen. If it does, I doubt it'd be Platinum in-house at this point. Still, would be funny to see Sega's other robot blasting game on PC along with Binary Domain.

NO.

Let me repeat that:

NO. Play on a controller or don't bother with either of them. Controller is the only way to play Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom